Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

A sensor fault should show the same thing during the day

Well, I don't see that there....

20 sec in the clip the sunnie is flipped up, so there you can see the bare camera performance in daylight.

What does that mean now we established that?

mobiusebay.png
Yup, February. Another one. However, this isn't recent. As I said before, I know a youtuber who bought one in September and it already had this issue.

I bought it from JooVuu and returned both cameras. I didn't want to become a Mobius field tester with a 3rd, 4th or God knows how many more cameras because cases like @Praetorian's, yours and many more starting to show up and that was a sign that I'd probably never get a good unit.

do, you got your money back? Easy or .... ?

do, you got your money back? Easy or .... ?
No, I bought a different camera and paid the difference. Pretty straightforward and quick: I placed the order for the new camera, they issued a voucher with the amount I'd already paid and I transferred the difference.

I hope I get my money back for it seems in my case, being a reliable seller.
The shipping fee is $41.36 :/

No, I bought a different camera and paid the difference. Pretty straightforward and quick: I placed the order for the new camera, they issued a voucher with the amount I'd already paid and I transferred the difference.

Which dashcam did you replace your mobiusen out with?

OK, well, I don't really know what else to buy right now.

- Innovv C2, no thanks (power connector Micro USB, and seems unreliable, mediocre night recording)

- Hetai Nautilus Nemo's eye, maybe, has great night recording i.m.h.o., but daytime is way overexposed in auto mode..... and there's no way to change settings other dan the txt file, that's a big nono for me, too bad, really looked nice at a first glance

That's it what Webbex offers in same format .......

Which dashcam did you replace your mobiusen out with?
Something not even remotely similar to the Mobius: a MateGo MG380G.

Last edited:

- Innovv C2, no thanks (power connector Micro USB, and seems unreliable, mediocre night recording)

- Hetai Nautilus Nemo's eye, maybe, has great night recording i.m.h.o., but daytime is way overexposed in auto mode..... and there's no way to change settings other dan the txt file, that's a big nono for me, too bad, really looked nice at a first glance

Then you should probably ask for a refund. I chose the exchange option because the form factor isn't a requirement for me.

Then you should probably ask for a refund. I chose the exchange option because the form factor isn't a requirement for me.

In contact now, hope they come up with a good and acceptable return....

I hope I get my money back for it seems in my case, being a reliable seller.
The shipping fee is $41.36 :/
Uh, that hurts! :eek:
That's why I chose to buy closer, even though I had to pay in GBP. The two return postages cost me only €3,80.

I noticed you bought it from eletoponline365. I wonder if they know they're selling cameras in these conditions.

Last edited:
Uh, that hurts! :eek:
That's why I chose to buy closer, even though I had to pay in GBP. The two return postages cost me only €3,80.

I noticed you bought it from eletoponline365. I wonder if they know what they're selling.

I always thought much of them, but I've returned 2 Mobï for repair, and concluding from our "conversations" I'm not so sure anymore either.....

I always thought much of them, but I've returned 2 Mobï for repair, and concluding from our "conversations" I'm not so sure anymore either.....
I'm not saying their service or customer support is bad. From what I read, they're the manufacturers/developers, so you're in good hands. The thing is, apparently they read this thread from time to time, they must be aware of this problem and yet they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

I'm not saying their service or customer support is bad. From what I read, they're the manufacturers/developers, so you're in good hands. The thing is, apparently they read this thread from time to time, they must be aware of this problem and yet they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

I returned my camera's to get them repaired, to be checked out by their technicians, and when I did, the camera's arrived and they sent me a message back that the mainboards can not be repaired and that they only have some basic tools to check, and that they are just the main sales office...... while I was given to understand that it would be extensively checked out by the tech guys.....

I didn't send my camera's to be checked by some biff with a screwdriver.....

If I had know that before sending them for 17 euro registerred (!), then I would have just ordered 2 new mainboards, now I have lost a lot of extra money (extra postage, and since it would take a long time to get them back, I bought one in UK, also extra high price and even more postage) and time!

Nice job dudes..... :mad:

Street Guardian wedge is quite good for night.

Just noiticed a green discoloring on the right side of the image of my V3 Mobius with C2 lens in night recordings, anyone else have that? Is it something we have to live with, or is this something to get fixed/repaired by the seller under warrantee?

View attachment 21400View attachment 21401

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with your camera or sensor. The green you are seeing is simply a matter of how the camera is reacting to the different color temperatures of each lighting element in the image.

Mixed color temperature lighting is a common challenge for professional photographers and cinematographers that we deal with on a regular basis.

Every type of light bulb, whether it is incandescent, fluorescent, LED, halogen, mercury vapor, xenon or whatever puts out a different color temperature of light. There is no camera in the world that can completely or perfectly handle mixed artificial lighting, especially ones with small relatively primitive sensors and DSPs like dash cams. Professional photographers have all kinds of special techniques for dealing with such situations along with expensive filters designed to control specific wavelengths, lighting gels, strobes and reflectors to handle the given situation. For example, if I go on location to shoot a typical corporate architectural job like a fancy store interior I might encounter simultaneous sunlight coming in through a large window with halogen display lighting in a showcase, incandescent luminaires and various types of fluorescent lighting in the ceiling along with god knows what other sorts of light bulbs that might turn out to be in the room like LED or krypton but I have my bag of tricks and in the end the client often asks, "How did you do that?" This is how you come to see photos in fancy magazines that don't look like they were shot with an iPhone. (or a dash cam :))

So, in your video example your headlights are putting out one color temperature while the lighting on the building is simply being perceived by the camera as "greenish" because those bulbs put out a different color temperature. There is nothing wrong and the green will go away as soon as you encounter different lighting.

colortemp.jpg

Here is a different example. This is one of @kamkar1's SG9665GC screenshots posted from another thread (or maybe it was the JooVuu-X, but in any event, not a Mobius). Notice that the beam of light pointing down onto the road surface is creating a greenish pool of light. So, this is merely an example of the same phenomenon.

xtown.jpg

I would recommend reading up a bit about how color temperature works for anyone who wants to know more about this subject. Wikipedia has an excellent page on the subject.

Color temperature is expressed in degrees of Kelvin.
The color temperature of direct noon time daylight is around 5000 degrees Kelvin. (sort of neutral)
The color temperature of a typical incandescent standard light bulb is 24oo degrees Kelvin, (warm)
A "soft white" bulb is a bit cooler at 2700K.
The color temperature of overcast daylight is around 6500K. (cool)
The color temperature of metal halide lamps tend towards greenish when captured by film and sensor. (also cool)

wikichart.png colortemp_chart2.jpg

The Mobius has perhaps the most ability to control White Balance and exposure than any dash cam on the market. Most people wisely leave it set to "auto" unless they have a special need but it should be understood that there is only so much the sensor/DSP can handle. "White Balance" means that the camera will try its best to manage (balance) all the color temperatures it perceives so as to render "white" as "white" (also sometimes referred to as neutral grey) on video but under mixed artificial lighting perfection is impossible.

mobi.png

Last edited:
Color temperature is expressed in degrees of Kelvin.
The color temperature of direct noon time daylight is around 5000 degrees Kelvin. (sort of neutral)
The color temperature of a typical incandescent standard light bulb is 24oo degrees Kelvin, (warm)
A "soft white" bulb is a bit cooler at 2700K.
The color temperature of overcast daylight is around 6500K. (cool)
The color temperature of metal halide or mercury vapor lamps tends towards green when captured by film and sensor. (also cool)
you raise a good point and this is something that is a big challenge to deal with for any camera

Wouldn't it just be a question of going through the same streets in the opposite way then? Like in that example video where you have the building on the right and sodium vapor lights in the left, just drive the other way around. You should see the building's light as green but on the other side of the frame.

you raise a good point and this is something that is a big challenge to deal with for any camera

It is important to remember that for our purposes as dash cam users any out of whack color balance anomalies from any given night time artificial lighting source we may encounter on our travels is irrelevant, as long as we are able to capture decent image quality and shadow detail. The same is true of this whole overblown business of "swimming grain", which I consider to be somewhat of a non issue but that is a whole other kettle of fish to perhaps be taken up at another time.

Wouldn't it just be a question of going through the same streets in the opposite way then? Like in that example video where you have the building on the right and sodium vapor lights in the left, just drive the other way around. You should see the building's light as green but on the other side of the frame.

Well yes, of course. A good idea really as that would be good proof of the color temperature issues I am describing. It's conceivable that a sensor may have a problem if it is always green on one side but from what has been said and put forth so far, everything seems to be normal for @Module 79L and @dirkzelf during daylight hours.

Back