Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

It is important to remember that for our purposes as dash cam users any out of whack color balance anomalies from any given night time artificial lighting source we may encounter on our travels is irrelevant, as long as we are able to capture decent image quality and shadow detail. The same is true of this whole overblown business of "swimming grain", which I consider to be somewhat of a non issue but that is a whole other kettle of fish to perhaps be taken up at another time.

I can understand why, but people do get hung up on things looking as true to life as possible, it does look more pleasing when it can, but doesn't always deliver the best results

Well yes, of course. A good idea really as that would be good proof the color temperature issues I am describing. It's conceivable that a sensor may have a problem if it is always green on one side but from what has been said and put forth so far, everything seems to be normal for @Module 79L and @dirkzelf during daylight hours.

if the sensor was green on one side at all times then that would be a hardware issue, if it's just a reaction to changing light sources then that's something we can't expect to change much based on current technology

One side (1)
sida_1.jpg

(1)
fsdfsdf.jpg

2nd side (same street but opposite direction)
sida_2.jpg

I don't see a problem here worth writing home about. How does it look during the day?

I never mentioned a problem. But you can clearly see that it is green on the right side no matter which direction you drive.

if the sensor was green on one side at all times then that would be a hardware issue, if it's just a reaction to changing light sources then that's something we can't expect to change much based on current technology

In my approximately six years of dash cam ownership, the technology has improved by leaps and bounds and this continues. Six years ago dash cams were essentially useless at night and now we have people complaining and nit-picking about color balance and grain but with otherwise really quite good performance :)

In my approximately six years of dash cam ownership, the technology has improved by leaps and bounds and this continues. Six years ago dash cams were essentially useless at night and now we have people complaining and nit-picking about color balance and grain but with otherwise really quite good performance :)
If we stop complaining then we will never see any development or improvement. As long as we are complaining and want to get better video quality, the developers will make better products. :)

it's really only the last 18 months that the cameras have got to western market acceptable levels I think, has been a long road, no doubt there is still a lot more improvement to come, I know the new sensors we'll be using are far superior to what's considered high end right now, we're at least moving in the right direction anyway

I understand but I think it's just the street lighting. I'll ask again, does it do that during the day?

I see no problems on the day. A little more green to the right but there is nothing I see so much of.

Mobius_C.jpg

If we stop complaining then we will never see any development or improvement. As long as we are complaining and want to get better video quality, the developers will make better products. :)

I'm not sure I agree with you about how that works but certainly forums like this provide wonderful opportunities for manufacturers and customers to interact.

I see no problems on the day. A little more green to the right but there is nothing I see so much of.

Mobius_C.jpg

Looks perfectly normal. If I might suggest, tilting your camera down slightly (less sky) would provide better balanced exposure of the road in front of you. :)

I'm not sure I agree with you about how that works but certainly forums like this provide wonderful opportunities for manufacturers and customers to interact.
What I meant by complaint was feedback. As long as we give the developers feedback and things we want to improve, there is a good chance that we get a product that is better than the existing.

Looks perfectly normal. If I might suggest, tilting your camera down slightly (less sky) would provide better balanced exposure of the road in front of you. :)
Mobiusen is truly a reliable camera. It would have been perfect had it not been for the green at night, but it's nothing that bothers me because I will have it as a side camera. I intend to return it but has now changed my maind, the freight cost will be too high.

I never mentioned a problem. But you can clearly see that it is green on the right side no matter which direction you drive.

That's correct. I also always have the green ghost on the right side. I also noticed soms blueing left top corner. Only in night recordings. I did notice however tonight also that when I set things to low light I don't see it at all. I am confused now. Is it a hardware issue? It looked like that, since the greenspot is always on the exact same location on the screen. But not visible when low light is set or recording in daylight. Really weird...

What I meant by complaint was feedback. As long as we give the developers feedback and things we want to improve, there is a good chance that we get a product that is better than the existing.

Mobiusen is truly a reliable camera. It would have been perfect had it not been for the green at night, but it's nothing that bothers me because I will have it as a side camera. I intend to return it but has now changed my maind, the freight cost will be too high.

Really, it's not that bad at all and the camera is performing it's proper duties at night. I would just hang onto it and perhaps see how the new Mobius 2 performs when it comes out.

That's correct. I also always have the green ghost on the right side. I also noticed soms blueing left top corner. Only in night recordings. I did notice however tonight also that when I set things to low light I don't see it at all. I am confused now. Is it a hardware issue? It looked like that, since the greenspot is always on the exact same location on the screen. But not visible when low light is set or recording in daylight. Really weird...

I guess it is possible that there is a subtle problem with more recent sensor batches but I don't see this as a major issue really. The fact that it is not present during the day suggests some different explanation. The camera is capturing what it needs to capture. Keep in mind that the Mobius developer has pushed their firmware to the absolute limit of what this sensor/DSP can provide so that's why you may see some sensor noise and perhaps other issues at night but you can capture what is going on. The new Mobius 2 should resolve most of this.

Really, it's not that bad at all and the camera is performing it's proper duties at night. I would just hang onto it and perhaps see how the new Mobius 2 performs when it comes out.

I agree for now that is probably the best strategy......

But I wish I had more patience.....

I guess it is possible that there is a subtle problem with more recent sensor batches but I don't see this as a major issue really. The fact that it is not present during the day suggests something different explanation. The camera is capturing what it needs to capture. Keep in mind that the Mobius developer has pushed their firmware to the absolute limit of what this sensor/DSP can provide so that's why you may see some sensor noise and perhaps other issues at night but you can capture what is going on. The new Mobius 2 should resolve most of this.
Is there a release date for mobius 2?

I wish! :) All good things come to those who wait, or something to that effect. It was first predicted to arrive last Fall from what I remember. :(

Eletoponline told me "after Chinese newyear" ...... Come on man! When is that?? Even october 2020 is after Chinese newyear......

Sorry guys, sooooooo impatient...

Back