Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Eletoponline told me "after Chinese newyear" ...... Come on man! When is that?? Even october 2020 is after Chinese newyear......

Sorry guys, sooooooo impatient...

I'm sure they want to make it available just as much as you and others want to buy it, I'm sure they don't want to put it out before it's retail ready though

I'm sure they want to make it available just as much as you and others want to buy it, I'm sure they don't want to put it out before it's retail ready though

Of course, we all get that, and yet..... It never goes fast enough.

Hi guys, update on my issue.

For those who have not followed my issue, it sums up with a really odd acting Mobius that had a mind of its own. The settings reset on me, it would stop recording, sometimes would not record at all, and other times gave me a solid yellow light. I ruled out power supply, cables, and replace some parts such as my lens extension cable. Still same thing.

This issue took me weeks to figure out because it was sporadic and not consistent. I would used a USB Volt Meter to try and figure it out, which ruled out power supply for the most part.

So, what I did next was kept a spare mobius in the car. Once I got this issue, I would try the second one, and then try the second one with the same card. The spare mobius would work every time...so card should not be an issue.

Last thing, I was desperate. I tried a new lens. I swapped my main lens into my spare unit...my spare unit would not record. I tried the spare lens in the main unit, it recorded no problem. Whichever unit I put the lens into, that unit would not record.

So, now with a new lens, the issue appears to be gone.

Not sure how/why the lens is acting up. I am going to theorize that the internal components must have fried and degraded from the sun over time. If someone has a better idea, I am all ears.

TL.DR; Mobius was giving me a headache, issue was the lens.

Hi Guys, i'm scratching my head at this one and was hoping one of you could help me:

I recently purchased a mobius dash cam, and a Sandisk 64GB SD card.

I formatted the SD card into FAT32 using SD formatter and updated with the latest firmwire.

The problem i'm having is whenever I go to view the .mov files saved on the SD card, it either crashes my PC (PC is relatively powerful and not lacking anything), or the media player (i've tried various) goes into 'not responding.' I previously had the camera working a few days ago and ran a couple of video files which I no longer have.
I have also just set up another Mobius for a friend, also with a 64GB sandisk card and am getting the same problem.

What could be causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Guys, i'm scratching my head at this one and was hoping one of you could help me:

I formatted the SD card into FAT32 using SD formatter and updated with the latest firmwire.

The problem i'm having is whenever I go to view the .mov files saved on the SD card, it either crashes my PC (PC is relatively powerful and not lacking anything), or the media player (i've tried various) goes into 'not responding.' I previously had the camera working a few days ago and ran a couple of video files which I no longer have.
I have also just set up another Mobius for a friend, also with a 64GB sandisk card and am getting the same problem.

It looks like you're reading the files with the card in the camera. If so, that doesn't work. You've got to transfer them to your computer and read them from the HDD.

It looks like you're reading the files with the card in the camera. If so, that doesn't work. You've got to transfer them to your computer and read them from the HDD.

I second this. On one of my computers, the memory card controller seems slower. I run into the exact same issues JoshHayes mentions. Throwing the files on my computer seems to work. I have also noticed, on other computers, sometimes I run into issues if virus scan, or other software is running. Throwing the files on the computer again, fixes the issues.

Does this need to be done with a card reader? As I also can't copy and paste files onto my pc with the card in the camera.

Thanks for the reply

Does this need to be done with a card reader?
Welcome to DCT. DashCams don't make good card readers. Even a card reader from Poundland will transfer files quicker than the camera.

I note you used SD Formatter to format the card. mSetup can format the card perfectly well.

Last edited:

I have 64 GB Sandisk Ultra, I formatted the card inside the Mobius with the GUI software, works like a charm, for over 2 years now.....

I
Welcome to DCT. DashCams don't make good card readers. Even a card reader from Poundland will transfer files quicker than the camera.

I note you used SD Formatter to format the card. mSetup can format the card perfectly well.

I used SD formatter originally to reformat the card from ExFat to Fat32 as it's not possible as far as I'm aware to use the mSetup to format from ExFat until the firmware is updated, and to update the firmware Fat32 is required.

Once I had updated the firmware, I then used the mSetup to format it again as I read that it is better to use this.

I'll try to get it working when I get home using a card reader, it's just confused me as it previously let me view clips straight from the camera when I tested it and now I can't do anything at all.

SDFormatter will format your 64GB card to exFAT. That is not a good choice. Use guiformat (it's also called other names) to format large cards to FAT32 or use the in-camera formatter, with the correct settings, to format your 64GB cards to FAT32.
Sandisk is a bad choice - as others have posted. I have had many failures with 32GB and 64GB Sandisk cards but none so far with my 128GB Sandisk.

SDFormatter will format your 64GB card to exFAT. That is not a good choice. Use guiformat (it's also called other names) to format large cards to FAT32 or use the in-camera formatter, with the correct settings, to format your 64GB cards to FAT32.
Sandisk is a bad choice - as others have posted. I have had many failures with 32GB and 64GB Sandisk cards but none so far with my 128GB Sandisk.

I've just got home and checked...it was MiniAide formatter that I used not SD formatter, my apologies. Either way, the card was in FAT32 :)
I've just tried using a card reader instead of reading directly from the camera and it asks me to format the card before I can do anything. If I format the card using the built in Windows software it reduces it to 26Gb of disk space.
I've also just tried the card in a Macbook and it worked perfectly. I would like to get it working on my PC though...

I've just got home and checked...it was MiniAide formatter that I used not SD formatter, my apologies. Either way, the card was in FAT32 :)
I've just tried using a card reader instead of reading directly from the camera and it asks me to format the card before I can do anything. If I format the card using the built in Windows software it reduces it to 26Gb of disk space.
I've also just tried the card in a Macbook and it worked perfectly. I would like to get it working on my PC though...

format it in Windows back to default settings which will change it back to exFAT and full capacity, once you've done that then format to FAT32 using the Mobius GUI

SDFormatter will format your 64GB card to exFAT. That is not a good choice. Use guiformat (it's also called other names) to format large cards to FAT32 or use the in-camera formatter, with the correct settings, to format your 64GB cards to FAT32..
I am currently on FW 0.59. Am I right in assuming that the in camera formatter won't format to fat32 if you are using a 64gb card?

Back