Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

My 128 GB micro SD card can be FAT 32 formatted, but then Mobius won't record anything, it won't even boot, and when formatted exFat, it will boot and record nicely, but wont do the loop, when it's full, it just stops......

Anyone with a 128 GB card that does the loop properly at any "fat" format??

My 128 GB micro SD card can be FAT 32 formatted, but then Mobius won't record anything, it won't even boot, and when formatted exFat, it will boot and record nicely, but wont do the loop, when it's full, it just stops......

Anyone with a 128 GB card that does the loop properly at any "fat" format??

did you format FAT32 using the GUI or another program?

format it in Windows back to default settings which will change it back to exFAT and full capacity, once you've done that then format to FAT32 using the Mobius GUI
The card was originally in ExFat, I needed Fat32 to update the firmware and to allow me to use the Mobius GUI. So I used MiniAide to format to FAT32, updated the firmware, then used the mobius GUI to format it again. I don't think I could format straight from ExFat to Fat32 using the mobius GUI unless the latest firmware was on the card but reverting it back to default would remove the firmware from it, is that correct?

if you're on the latest firmware already it's not going to undo that, format the card in Windows to get the full capacity back and exFAT filesystem, then put it back in the Mobius and format the card FAT32 using the GUI

if you're on the latest firmware already it's not going to undo that, format the card in Windows to get the full capacity back and exFAT filesystem, then put it back in the Mobius and format the card FAT32 using the GUI

OK, I did both, but don't know in which order....... Will try to do it this way. Thanks.

Just tried that, no result.... exFAT is recording, FAT32 not.....

Just tried that, no result.... exFAT is recording, FAT32 not.....
Use guiformat.exe to format your 128GB card. I have Sandisk and Kingston 128GB cards and they record perfectly with FAT32. I normally steer well away from Sandisk, but their 128GB model apparently has a different controller (my assumption) and has been working perfectly so far.

Use guiformat.exe to format your 128GB card. I have Sandisk and Kingston 128GB cards and they record perfectly with FAT32. I normally steer well away from Sandisk, but their 128GB model apparently has a different controller (my assumption) and has been working perfectly so far.

Thanks, downloaded it, and it's asking fot the allocation size unit, what do I answer there?

And is quickformat good enough?

Thanks, downloaded it, and it's asking fot the allocation size unit, what do I answer there?

And is quickformat good enough?

LEAVE IT, IT WORKS SUCCESS!!

Althoug I still can't play the files with the card in the camera, bummer. But at FAT32 Mobius is recording now.

Thanks...!

I guess it is possible that there is a subtle problem with more recent sensor batches but I don't see this as a major issue really. The fact that it is not present during the day suggests some different explanation. The camera is capturing what it needs to capture. Keep in mind that the Mobius developer has pushed their firmware to the absolute limit of what this sensor/DSP can provide so that's why you may see some sensor noise and perhaps other issues at night but you can capture what is going on. The new Mobius 2 should resolve most of this.

I must correct myself, I have seen the greening in some more recent recording with low light setting. I can also see it in my A and B lens camera, althoug less visible.

I've tried with low light setting and wb to sunny:

vlcsnap-2016-03-17-16h45m47s075.png

vlcsnap-2016-03-17-16h48m43s014.png
vlcsnap-2016-03-17-16h48m52s702.png

Trying with wb to cloudy coming days.

Eletoponline365 asks me to send them back for a swap lens module, but I don't want to wait another 3-6 weeks AGAIN to get it back.....

Althoug I still can't play the files with the card in the camera, bummer.
And you never will. Camera's card "readers" are not design to read the same way a proper card reader is.

I must correct myself, I have seen the greening in some more recent recording with low light setting. I can also see it in my A and B lens camera, althoug less visible.
And everything still looks "alive", as you so well described it.

Eletoponline365 asks me to send them back for a swap lens module, (...)
Oh, now they're recalling cameras to swap lens modules? Interesting...

And everything still looks "alive", as you so well described it.

Oh, now they're recalling cameras to swap lens modules? Interesting...

well, it's tempting, albeit just to see what happens and if it can even be solved at all.... if it's really the lense module, they could just send me new ones to be swapped by myself.... Right?

And you never will. Camera's card "readers" are not design to read the same way a proper card reader is.

So, you're saying that I just got lucky with the other SD cards (32 and 64gb)?

That seems a bit odd, doesn't it?

Hi folks, another update to my non-recording solid yellow light issue

It seems the lens was a fluke and I actually got the issue again. Today the cam had a solid yellow light, would not record. To hammer out all possibilities i replaced the capacitor with the built in battery and i found out another tidbit of information.

When I get the solid yellow issue, with the battery in, the unit will NOT turn off. So it appears as if the camera is freezing. I have to open the camera and disconnect the internal battery, or let the battery drain for it to turn off.

Interesting stuff. I feel like I am getting to the bottom of it now.

Any further suggestions?

Hi folks, another update to my non-recording solid yellow light issue

It seems the lens was a fluke and I actually got the issue again. Today the cam had a solid yellow light, would not record. To hammer out all possibilities i replaced the capacitor with the built in battery and i found out another tidbit of information.

When I get the solid yellow issue, with the battery in, the unit will NOT turn off. So it appears as if the camera is freezing. I have to open the camera and disconnect the internal battery, or let the battery drain for it to turn off.

Interesting stuff. I feel like I am getting to the bottom of it now.

Any further suggestions?

If the camera appears to be frozen, have you tried a hard reset?........Use a bent paper clip or similar instrument in the hole to the left of the rear red LED indicator above the card slot.

If the camera appears to be frozen, have you tried a hard reset?........Use a bent paper clip or similar instrument in the hole to the left of the rear red LED indicator above the card slot.
I have not tried a hard reset yet, I imagine it would work though.

Any ideas on how/why it would be freezing?

I have not tried a hard reset yet, I imagine it would work though.

Any ideas on how/why it would be freezing?

The processor can become confused on very rare occasions and just choke up . It's hard to say what might cause it to happen. One possible example might be removing the microSD card halfway through boot-up. I read somewhere that a DSP is more likely to freeze up if it is very hot when something unusual happens but I don't know if that is true. Could have been anything. As long as it doesn't happen all the time I wouldn't worry about what caused it to happen as long as it is back to normal after a reset. I've only had it happen once in two years of owning multiple Mobi.

Back