Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

If you do a video comparison, it has to be the same scene, same lighting and time of day and side by side positioning. Otherwise its not fair or scientific.

I think the green spot is something you arent going to get rid of. The footage looks perfectly acceptable to me.

I know you upload a lot of videos to YouTube, so if it bothers you, I suggest getting another brand camera. Sorry, but thats the cold hard truth of it. Annoying for as you've spent money on this. But the performance we all enjoy and appreciate from the mobius isnt up to what you want or expect I think.

Mobius 2 is out this year.

Last edited:
If you do a video comparison, it has to be the same scene, same lighting and time of day and side by side positioning. Otherwise its not fair or scientific.

I think the green spot is something you arent going to get rid of. The footage looks perfectly acceptable to me.

I know you upload a lot of videos to YouTube, so if it bothers you, I suggest getting another brand camera. Sorry, but thats the cold hard truth of it. Annoying for as you've spent money on this. But the performance we all enjoy and appreciate from the mobius isnt up to what you want or expect I think.

Mobius 2 is out this year.

I heard someone say "He's as shallow as a dried out lake, and yet he managed to drain yet a little more out of it....." I guess that they counted me in as well........ :D

Getting another camera was my intention too, but I have limited funds, and so I would have to sell one or two to finance the new one.

And then what to get..... There isn't that much choice in this form factor that meets all I like.... possibly the only ones are JooVuu or Mobius 2..... I wish we had a release date, or at least release month....

I've also looked at Foxeer Legend 1, Hetai Nautilus Eye and Runcam 2, all have unwanted negatives .... so that doesn't leave me with much alternatives.

:(

Last edited:
I heard someone say "He's as shallow as a dried out lake, and yet he managed to drain yet a little more out of it....." I guess that they counted me in as well........ :D

Getting another camera was my intention too, but I have limited funds, and so I would have to sell one or two to finance the new one.

And then what to get..... There isn't that much choice in this form factor that meets all I like.... possibly the only ones are JooVuu or Mobius 2..... I wish we had a release date, or at least release month....

I've also looked at Foxley Legend 1, Hetai Nautilus Eye and Runcam 2, all have unwanted negatives .... so that doesn't leave me with much alternatives.

:(
I don't have a release date for you for the Mobius 2, but it's getting closer. The last thing the developer wants is to release a camera that is full of problems. The hardware and firmware has to be as stable as possible.
Some features will obviously need to be added in future versions, the goal is to release a reliable camera that works out-of-the-box with the very best lens possible. The lens quality is extremely important to the developer. Given the size of the camera, it obviously won't perform miracles, the main feature being excellent video quality at 1080p @ 60fps and a good set of parameters for starters. We've been testing the prototypes for some months already - it's a nice camera and looks and feels very similar to the Mobius. Tom Frank at RC Groups will be the first person to officially announce the camera and it's features when the time comes. I will, if necessary, also post information here a short time later.
Personally, I think the wait for the Mobius 2 will be worth it, but of course there are other cameras to chose from.

Hope this is the right place to ask this!
At last got an S3 with OTG to replace my ACE 2 that does not have OTG. On recommendation I installed MX Player on the S3 to view the MOV videos which I can, but when I play a 5min clip it runs for about 10 seconds then freezes, if I open the menu with Play, and a few check boxes with other options, FAQ, Help (Didn't) and 'loop' etc I can see the video playing in the background but when I close the menu 10 seconds later the video freezes again! There must be a setting somewhere to enable playing of the entire 5 min clip but so far this has eluded me. Any suggestions?
If this is normal with the Free version I may have to buy the version without ads. However before I do I want to make sure I can view the whole clip in one go.

EDIT.
The above was when I had connected the Mobius camera with Micro SD installed via OTG lead to my phone.
Since then I tried the Micro SD card in a card reader and connected that to the phone, the whole clip then played.
It would be easier for me if I could connect Phone to Modius and still play a full clip if I can, also can you play straight from one clip to the next?
Sorry for seemingly silly problems/questions!

Last edited:
I don't have a release date for you for the Mobius 2, but it's getting closer. The last thing the developer wants is to release a camera that is full of problems. The hardware and firmware has to be as stable as possible.
Some features will obviously need to be added in future versions, the goal is to release a reliable camera that works out-of-the-box with the very best lens possible. The lens quality is extremely important to the developer. Given the size of the camera, it obviously won't perform miracles, the main feature being excellent video quality at 1080p @ 60fps and a good set of parameters for starters. We've been testing the prototypes for some months already - it's a nice camera and looks and feels very similar to the Mobius. Tom Frank at RC Groups will be the first person to officially announce the camera and it's features when the time comes. I will, if necessary, also post information here a short time later.
Personally, I think the wait for the Mobius 2 will be worth it, but of course there are other cameras to chose from.

Of course, we all want a great camera, and the developer has a name to keep up, but the risk is getting behind in the competition, so I really hope it doesn't drag on ten ways to Christmas.

If it's only about 1080p 60fps, better night recordings, and the best possible lens, well I think there are already competitors albeit in other form factors.

For example the Runcam 2 has wifi, 2k recording @ 30fps, 1080p @ 60fps and 720 @120fps and a great lens, at least very low glare what I've seen. Sturdy housing and more good qualities. There are other alternatives as well, but many aren't just exactly what we want. The Runcam 2 isn't perfect either, it can't be used as a dashcam according to the manufacturer because of the battery getting too hot, but I'm afraid I'm on the brink of going to wing it at my own risk and just try it out with something else, you know, missing out just because M2 is getting late..... That would make me really sad. :(

I am not promoting other stuff here, because my 1st choice would be the new M2 also, just want to shown that there's a big danger in being too afraid of failing when promoting new products.....

Anyway, I thank you for your contribution here, I can only hope with many others of course that the wait will be over ASAP.......

:)

Last edited:
I don't have a release date for you for the Mobius 2, but it's getting closer.The lens quality is extremely important to the developer.

Is the developer using a metal base this time? The FRP base had issues which stopped me from buying the original mobius.

Kermit killed?

C2 and V 2:41 changed to

WIDE VIEW
Exp -/- 4

Check the nutcase at 2:50, I'm doing 45 mph here...

This one at -/- 8, rest same:

Last edited:
Of course, we all want a great camera, and the developer has a name to keep up, but the risk is getting behind in the competition, so I really hope it doesn't drag on ten ways to Christmas.

If it's only about 1080p 60fps, better night recordings, and the best possible lens, well I think there are already competitors albeit in other form factors.

For example the Runcam 2 has wifi, 2k recording @ 30fps, 1080p @ 60fps and 720 @120fps and a great lens, at least very low glare what I've seen. Sturdy housing and more good qualities. There are other alternatives as well, but many aren't just exactly what we want. The Runcam 2 isn't perfect either, it can't be used as a dashcam according to the manufacturer because of the battery getting too hot, but I'm afraid I'm on the brink of going to wing it at my own risk and just try it out with something else, you know, missing out just because M2 is getting late..... That would make me really sad. :(

I am not promoting other stuff here, because my 1st choice would be the new M2 also, just want to shown that there's a big danger in being too afraid of failing when promoting new products.....

Anyway, I thank you for your contribution here, I can only hope with many others of course that the wait will be over ASAP.......

:)
The RunCam2 uses the iCatch 6350 DSP and the OV4689 sensor. The Mobius 2 uses completely different components. The iCatch has most of it's functionality already built-in, so the firmware is much, much faster to implement, but there are limitations, of course.
The Mobius 2 hardware is a completely different world and most of the functionality has to be written from scratch. If you want WiFi and 2K recording then the Mobius 2 is definitely not for you.
Have you been following the RunCam 2 thread? There's no point in making any further comments, make your own decision.

The RunCam2 uses the iCatch 6350 DSP and the OV4689 sensor. The Mobius 2 uses completely different components. The iCatch has most of it's functionality already built-in, so the firmware is much, much faster to implement, but there are limitations, of course.
The Mobius 2 hardware is a completely different world and most of the functionality has to be written from scratch. If you want WiFi and 2K recording then the Mobius 2 is definitely not for you.
Have you been following the RunCam 2 thread? There's no point in making any further comments, make your own decision.

Actually, I haven't followed that thread, but thanks for pointing me at it, i'll certainly be reading it for my deciscion forming, but it's like I said, I am in no way pushing brands, the Runcam only came in view because of the form factor and some features I thought'd be nice.

I'm not the techie type like you guys, just a trucker, so please forgive me my ignorance, I'm here to find help to get the best product for my needs, and to find out how to fix issues if I find some. If the new Mobius is better at night recording, and can support 1080p @ 60fps and more memory, then I'm as happy as everyone, wifi and 2k are just a bonus that won't keep me alive, just would be nice to have.

Do you mean with the limitations that the RC2's DSP has all functionality inside it's hardware and can not be extended, or, say, stretched like in the Mobius and Mobius 2?

i.e. the Mobius has a much more flexible way of handling, firmware wise?

Do you have any expert idea's about the Foxeer Legend 1 that you'd like to share?

get yourself into an industrial city an direct sun is something you don't see that often, nicely shielded by a layer of pollution

Come on guys, that's not a real argument, that's just plain lazy!

I presume sometime at some point the sun does shine..... and you don't really need much to get a recording/picture like that.

If I were a manufacturer, I would like to do all that myself and solve my own problems instead of asking the community to do it for me, you can't even be sure if all data provided is correct...

I would feel embarrassed .... or lazy....

Sunny days and appropriate conditions are very had to do in China, until you've tried it you wouldn't understand, it's very hard to replicate the conditions locally

Sunny days and appropriate conditions are very had to do in China, until you've tried it you wouldn't understand, it's very hard to replicate the conditions locally

well, Ive heard God shines the sun for us all, but I've never been in China so what do I know....

well, Ive heard God shines the sun for us all, but I've never been in China so what do I know....
with community support you could collect more footage in a day than you could hope to get yourself in a month in China, makes sense to ask for submissions to speed the process and add variety to the samples

I think @dirkzelf has a point. A quick search of YouTube turns up many, many videos of driving in Shenzen on sunny days. You'll certainly see videos on smoggy, polluted days too but it is not like a manufacturer can't actually test out a dash cam in sunny conditions.

I do think collecting video samples from the community is a worthwhile idea but you would think that the developer of a dash cam would first want videos where they themselves are in complete control of the data....the individual camera and its menu settings, the specific microSD card and formatting, the installation of the camera in a known vehicle, especially the aiming of the unit......, and the original video as it comes off the card.

Streets of Shenzhen - Episode 3

all valid points, I can tell you from experience a lot of people involved in the engineering and manufacture side of things don't drive let alone own a car, I know one engineering team in particular that did all the work on one of the brands that have reps on this site don't have cars and whenever they needed to test something they used to call a taxi, how much footage you can collect in those circumstances is pretty limited, the amount of tall buildings in the city limits things somewhat also

that aside though he was talking about the runcam product so I'd think if you have a user base out there using the product in a wide variety of situations, RC, FPV, car etc you'd want to get the footage from as wide a variety of situations as possible

I must admitt jokiin has a point too.

I don't either like the many chinese/japanese/korean test footage of dashcams, they all seem to be taken in overcrowded cities where cars crawl on through the streets, overtaken by foot folk, in streets with the highest possible lighting pollution ..... ("...how on earth is this a low light recording? Las Vegas could even get jealous of it.....)

So maybe logistically and weatherwise they aren't blessed enought to take their camera's out and do the work themselves.

But it still sounds a little silly to me, then again, it could save a lot of investigation time and money that eventually hopefully will also lower our bill.....

Well, it's hard to imagine that a developer of cameras specifically designed for use in RC aircraft doesn't own a drone or two or three. In fact, the cameras could only be designed by someone with knowledge of the requirements, features and desires of the RC and FPV communities.

It's also hard to imagine an established dash cam manufacturer doesn't really have the resources or the wherewithal to do some proper testing in environments where they know their products will be used.

You only have to see the sample footage they provide at times, dirty windows, misaligned cameras etc to know that there's plenty of them that haven't got a clue, this is not aimed at Runcam, I have no idea who does that product, just speaking in general of what happens in the industry, honestly some of it is mind boggling and totally lacks logic but that's the reality of the situation

Back