Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I checked his feedback at the time of purchase and it was fine then. This appears to be very recent.

Report submitted to eBay.

Well, the high number of extremely negative feedback comments for AllWin goes back for at least 12 months but that counterfeit Mobius is pretty authentic looking if you don't know what you are looking at. These kind of things happen all too often to the best of us so there's no reason to beat yourself up over it or defend how you fell for it. Hope eBay resolves it promptly to your satisfaction.

THIS LINK has excellent information on how to identify fake Mobius cameras for anyone who happens to be reading this thread who is uncertain about what they are being offered online.

Well, the high number of extremely negative feedback comments for AllWin goes back for at least 12 months but that counterfeit Mobius is pretty authentic looking if you don't know what you are looking at. These kind of things happen all too often to the best of us so there's no reason to beat yourself up over it or defend how you fell for it. Hope eBay resolves it promptly to your satisfaction.

THIS LINK has excellent information on how to identify fake Mobius cameras for anyone who happens to be reading this thread who is uncertain about what they are being offered online.

I'm pretty sure I'll get my money back but it's more of the inconvenience that bugs me. I really needed it for this weekend. Bummer. I'll have to reconfigure my original car Mobius instead.

It's funny how I also bought my first Mobius right off of eBay without doing any kind of research for knock offs and that camera ended up being authentic. Seems very hit or miss on eBay apparently. I'll need to re-order a new one off the approved list.

An eBay search for "Mobius camera" (as opposed to "Mobius Action camera") turns up a surprising number of obvious counterfeits. eBay has the power to easily snuff this sort of thing out but they don't because it hurts their bottom line.

eBay has been sued many times by firms with deep enough pockets over the counterfeit goods problem but the practice continues, especially with smaller companies without the resources to force eBay into compliance with its own stated policies.

EBay Ordered to Pay $61 Million in Sale of Counterfeit Goods
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/01/technology/01ebay.html?_r=0

eBay and Chinese Sellers Sued over Counterfeits
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m08/i21/s02
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m08/i21/s02
L'Oreal sues eBay over counterfeit goods
https://econsultancy.com/blog/1723-l-oreal-sues-ebay-over-counterfeit-goods

especially with smaller companies without the resources to force eBay into compliance with its own stated policies.

lip service, eBay protects buyers, sellers on the other hand, they'll rip the money back out of them in a heartbeat which is rather unfortunate for the sellers that are doing the right thing as they suffer on account of what the bad ones get up to, eBay's primary concern is to make themselves look like the good guys

I'm pretty sure I'll get my money back but it's more of the inconvenience that bugs me. I really needed it for this weekend. Bummer. I'll have to reconfigure my original car Mobius instead.

It's funny how I also bought my first Mobius right off of eBay without doing any kind of research for knock offs and that camera ended up being authentic. Seems very hit or miss on eBay apparently. I'll need to re-order a new one off the approved list.
I have purchased my Mobius from this website: http://www.buymobius.com this is operated by Tom Frank and I can attest to the fact that all products are authentic, and the service and support is outstanding.

I have purchased my Mobius from this website: http://www.buymobius.com this is operated by Tom Frank and I can attest to the fact that all products are authentic, and the service and support is outstanding.

I agree with you completely. I have bought two of my mobius cameras there and a several accessories. They are always prompt and responsive to questions. I would highly recommend them any day!

Info from that seller's listing. Note it is described as unbranded/generic:
Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Brand: Unbranded/Generic

Info from that seller's listing. Note it is described as unbranded/generic:
Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Brand: Unbranded/Generic

Umm...excuse me, @Skysailer but that is the kind of boiler plate fine print most people tend to easily miss, which is the idea I believe. The listing prominently states that it is a "Mobius ActionCam". I think when you sell an exact looking clone of an original proprietary design and use the original brand's name, you don't have a leg to stand on with such fine print BS.

ebaylisting.jpg

bplate.png

Last edited:
Was just an observation...not meant to be taken as a statement implying any fault of the buyer. Just thought it was odd that's all and surprising that the seller didn't complete his sham by putting Mobius in the brand description. And I fully agree with you that the item is absolutely misrepresented. :)

Was just an observation...not meant to be taken as a statement implying any fault of the buyer. Just thought it was odd that's all and surprising that the seller didn't complete his sham by putting Mobius in the brand description. And I fully agree with you that the item is absolutely misrepresented. :)

it's in the title though which is far more prominent, and more importantly affects search results

Mobius is the camera model. Is there an actual brand name for it? I notice eletoponline365 labels it as brand name mobius. I thought that mobius and 808 were different models from the same manufacturer who had no brand name. eletoponline365 also claims that "We are the manufacturer and developer of this camera." I am sure that is correct as they are on the authorized seller list and the mfr would have told them to stop by now if that was a false claim.

The generic off brand junk had this in the description.
Package included
1 x Mobius ActionCam

As Mobius ActionCam is a brand name saying generic in another box should not matter. The promise is the real thing will be in the box.

Mobius is the camera model. Is there an actual brand name for it? I notice eletoponline365 labels it as brand name mobius. I thought that mobius and 808 were different models from the same manufacturer who had no brand name. eletoponline365 also claims that "We are the manufacturer and developer of this camera." I am sure that is correct as they are on the authorized seller list and the mfr would have told them to stop by now if that was a false claim.

The generic off brand junk had this in the description.
Package included
1 x Mobius ActionCam

As Mobius ActionCam is a brand name saying generic in another box should not matter. The promise is the real thing will be in the box.

I fully, absolutely and unequivocally agree that the seller was wrong, crooked, unscrupulous and deceptive. I only made an observation because to me it seemed odd that an obvious counterfeit dealer did not "cross all his T's and dot all his I's" when he crafted his eBay listing and put "MOBIUS" in the Brand Description. That's all. Perhaps Mobius is in fact a Model of a generic brand. OK I am not disputing that the promise was fraudulent just that to me it was curious that his listing was lacking in incompleteness! :) Let's all just do business with the recognized and vetted dealers of Mobius Action Cams and all will be good! :)

I am on my second Mobius (I think I gave the first one a very hard time). I use it as a incident cam on my motorbike to record my trips including dirt and rough roads. First time it worked fine but when I cleared my new Mobius I saw a flash upgrade available (Ver 2.41). It did not seem to install correctly as I did not get the "installed" message up. I did read the instructions carefully and waited 5 minutes but it did not seem to complete. Later I attempted the install again and the sequence occurred correctly.
It no longer records. I have to push the power button even though it is set to start up on power up. The yellow or blue light blinks, the rear red power blinks and then the yellow or blue blinks for 20 - 30 times and then it and the red rear light freeze. I have tried different settings including mode 1 & 2.
Every time I try to operate my Mobius I need to use the paperclip reset to either have it recognised by my computer or to have another attempt at recording.
Is it a lost cause or can anyone help me get my new camera working? Thanks.

Mobius I bought in early 2015 (the old model with "metal" lens module I think) which has been running perfectly since in my brother's car did something weird. Some other car hit his car. It was more like a mild ding or fender bender rather than a hit. The files in the card were like REC_005, REC_006, REC_008, REC_009... The missing one, which should have been REC_007 is the one with the hit moment. He didn't press any button, the car remained running, nothing unusual. The file with the accident just didn't exist. The camera still runs normal. Any ideas on this WTF situation?

Can anyone help me determine what the problem is with my Mobius C2 I bought from Spytek on Amazon. This is the second one I received after returning the first one for the same thing. Audio crackling like something is rattling or there is something else wrong.

I made a video of the noise that you can view here, both units do the same exact thing. (they are not the same unit as I didn't return the one before I got the other)

I used a new Sandisk 64gb class 10, and then swapped it with a Sandisk class 4 32gb with the same result on both units. I re flashed the firmware, I used the default settings on the mSetup and recreated my setting from scratch. I took the second one apart, siliconed the connecting bar of the buttons per Tom over at RC Forums, and taped the buttons with scotch tape...it had little if no effect. I made sure that the battery cable wasn't touching the sides of the case by twisting the cable and making sure that the double sided tape was secure.

I used it with an Anker battery pack, no battery, just the mobius battery, and a varying degree of setting.

It does seem to do much better when turned upright, but I think I can hear it when I am shaking it while recording but by now I think I am just going in circles. I am about to try the Juuvoo and use this as a rear cam, but I hate to keep this Mobius if it's actually a problem with the unit, or there is noise in my 2013 Toyota Camry that is messing with the units??? I am out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

it does sound like vibration, crackle coincides with movement

have you tried different memory cards, Sandisk are not recommended for this model

Back