Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Not yet.. was thinking about a Transend 64gb 60MB/s or a Kingston 128gb 45MB/s both class 10.. Should I just stick with 64gb?

Ugh.. Out of the 14 cards I have of varying sizes 13 are Sandisk and only one is a Kingston, a 16gb calss 4, I am going to try it.

Well, I was giddy with hope.. but it's still doing it with a Kinston 16gb class 4: (Yes my windshield is filthy inside.. )

What else could be moving around?? Why on two separate C2's?

I am getting another mount tomorrow. I do notice that there is more vibration in my car than usual, but I will be transferring to different rental cars and the visor mount seems to be the only way to go in some states in the US legally anyway.

Any other possible suggestions? I will do whatever it takes. Anyone know if all the dashcams are subject to this? Joovuu X?

Ok, so I thought maybe something to do with my car and the visor mount, even though it wouldn't make any sense, but I took my Buick Enclave which is a yacht in comparison to my Camry, I taped the buttons, have the Kingston 16gb Class 4 card in, I used tie wraps and secured it to the visor. Battery self powered nothing but the camera and the Mobius holder. Same problem as the fist C2 I received. I think I am done, bummer, I really wanted this to work.

In the Camry, I am using the Spytek Visor mount. It is actually very sturdy. But on the Buick test, I just used the mobius and its holder with tie wraps. It was very secure. Something in the camra is vibrating, all three screws are on the board, the battery is stuck to the board, the buttons are sealed to the case along the connecting bar with sealant, I even placed a small cut out of a bounce sheet in between the buttons and the board to see if it were vibrating there. I checked the aluminum heatsinks and they didn't seem to be moving. I just don't know, must be something I am missing, or the case is allowing the lens to vibrate. I can't tell.

Thanks for trying to help, I am done for the night, spent all day messing with it.

Could it be the wire. Grasping at straws really. :DIf there's something loose just shaking it should show. Just too bad for the noise. Recording look good.

I've got an issue with my newly acquired Mobius. It doesn't seem to lock clips when I press the Mode button. I've tried all sorts of ways of pressing the button. Quickly, firmly, holding it. Nothing seems to result in a clip being locked (At least not from what I can see on my Mac. No permissions changes, no "uchg" or similar flags...).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting I've missed?

Hi guys, I had another instance today of the wrong video being locked.

Here was the scenario:

My cam turns off and on with my car.
I parked somewhere s, turned off my car therefore my recordings stopped. This was recording REC_3139 for example.

I later, got in my car and drove. I locked a video with the middle button, this was recording REC_3140.

Now when I look at the files on my computer, the wrong video is locked. REC_3139 is locked and REC_3140 is not locked at all.

It is my understanding that the mobius locks the current file, plus the one before or after depending on when in the recording you push the button. In any case, the wrong files are sometimes being locked and this is causing me to lose recordings if I do not sync them for awhile.

Any ideas?

I usually try and replicate the problem and then report my findings to the developer. However, I would require a copy of the SYSCFG.TXT file or it's contents. It's also a bad time of year and I'm clogged down with work but hopefully will have more time about mid January. I also believe the developer monitors this thread but I know he's very, very busy (Mobius2, among other things), so very much doubt he'll have time to test either.
But, like I said, without a copy of the SYSCFG.TXT file or it's contents there will be no testing whatsoever - the malfunction may be due to a specific parameter setting.

Hi guys,

Not sure if the above messages relate to my problem, but it's all I could find on locking issues in v2.41. My cams were on this FW since November without any problems. Last week I decided to benefit of the new feature (file name change) and I set the leading 4 characters to "FRO_" and "REA_" respectively. Since then, I lost the ability to lock files... I tried also with freshly formatted cards, but still no luck.

Yesterday I changed back to "REC_" and magically files are locked again at a press of a button. Is there any chance this could be solved in a future FW update? If there will be any...

it's definitely a rattle of some sort, where it comes from is hard to know

Could it be the wire. Grasping at straws really. :DIf there's something loose just shaking it should show. Just too bad for the noise. Recording look good.

Thanks guys, it's a new day and I am ready to get to it again... I want the mobius to work, it's just too cool of a device.
I am going to tear it apart again and see if there is anything I could latch down or tape.

Thanks guys, it's a new day and I am ready to get to it again... I want the mobius to work, it's just too cool of a device.
I am going to tear it apart again and see if there is anything I could latch down or tape.

Try stationary recording indoors. Like pointing it outside a window or doorway and see if the annoying noise still shows. That'll eliminate vibration as the cause.

Well, I was giddy with hope.. but it's still doing it with a Kinston 16gb class 4.
Of couse it is! The rattling has nothing to do with the memory cards.
If it's the 2nd camera doing this, then probably something is failing in the production line.

I was more hoping that the card itself was rattling, or generating noise from rattling.. but.. I think it has something to do with the case. I tried isolating the lens, the buttons, the card, a new suction mount, upside down, right side up.. it should be simple but it kicked my butt. I thought of just running it without Audio, but I shouldn't have to and I want to be able to hear that my blinker was active, which it would but the rattle noise gets to me. maybe I'll wait for the Mobius 2.

hello,

i have a question. how can i make my mobius action cam to have a delay on start, because i needed for diesel vehicles to prevent power surge when cranking.

the camera is connected to 5v power connector of vehicle all the time, and when i start the want to start the engine it's get turned on, and after that 1 sec goes off, because he think that the engine is off, because of that "part-time" power surge.

thanks

This issue of engine start/camera boot delay seems to come up so often maybe we should have a sticky about it, or at least a dedicated thread.

Just an update, I returned the Mobius C2 for one more and this one is silent. Can't say for sure what it was, but I just wanted to thank everyone for trying to help.

Using the camera with only external USB power (internal battery disconnected)
The camera can be used without the external battery connected. Remember that the RTC (Real Time Clock) will be reset every time the external USB power is removed.
• The camera requires an absolute minimum of 4.18V to operate correctly. This value may vary with the type of card used. I would think 4.3V would be a safer figure.

Just checking on the above- shouldn't it read "The camera can be used without the internal battery connected"?

(I might need to use my camera without a battery/ capacitor fitted, so want to be sure I won't fry anything.)

Back