Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Anyone on the above question- is it a typo?

The only issues I can see (apart from losing the date time) is the last video clip won't be saved.

Anyone on the above question- is it a typo?

The only issues I can see (apart from losing the date time) is the last video clip won't be saved.
The original text I wrote here reads:
Using the camera with only external USB power (internal battery disconnected)
The camera can be used without a battery connected to the internal connector on the board. Remember that the RTC (Real Time Clock) will be reset every time the external USB power is removed.
• The camera requires an absolute minimum of 4.18V to operate correctly. This value may vary with the type of card used. I would think 4.3V would be a safer figure.

Hello, i've got a severe rattling problem with a mobius bought from eletoponline at ebay.

It's mounted upside down with a sturdy suction cup mount, in its original craddle and i've already taped the buttons. They did have some play that was fixed it with some tape but the rattle is still present. Even in good paved roads, it matches with small imperfections on the pavement or with painted markings.

Everything inside is properly fixed with the provided sticky foam and the screws are tight. So i made a few tests and when putting the finger on the micro-sd slot the rattling seems to stop.

I disassembled the mobius and with the bare board on the hand without the lens, the battery and the micro-sd i hear something loose when i shake it. The sound doesn't come from the tactile switches because i'm holding them with the thumb.

I've tried wedging a bit of plastic over the micro-sd but that didn't work. It seems to me that the rattle stops when the micro-sd is pushed a little bit inside.

I've seen videos of rattling mobius but mine is by far the worst case.

Here's a video of it:

http://sendvid.com/eqco9062

Any help?

Ps: Tried with different cards and the result is the same. The windows are closed and ventilation is off, so no windnoise. It is running on its internal battery and the wire is twisted so it doesn't touch anything.

Last edited:
The original text I wrote here reads:
Using the camera with only external USB power (internal battery disconnected)
The camera can be used without a battery connected to the internal connector on the board. Remember that the RTC (Real Time Clock) will be reset every time the external USB power is removed.
• The camera requires an absolute minimum of 4.18V to operate correctly. This value may vary with the type of card used. I would think 4.3V would be a safer figure.

Okay, thanks Isoprop.

Someone who can edit that quoted post might want to correct it.

Can someone help? I'm trying to hard wire this cam and when I put the red wire into the fuse and the black wire to the ground, when I turn on the car the cam won't turn on. But if I press the button on the cam then then it turns on fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Did you set it "power on to both"? In Msetup.

Before you manually turn the Mobius on when you start your car, did the Mobius's LEDs light up? What colour and how many times did it blink? (rear LED.)

I suggest that you connect Mobius to a smartphone or tablet charger, or to a power bank. If recording starts automatically, the problem is within the hardwiring kit.

These $10 kits are of variable quality, can they be trusted to supply a steady 5V to the camera? Mobius has overload voltage protection, which is tripped if voltage exceeds approx 5.5V.

Does anyone have some suggestions about the rattling issue?

I don't know if i touched any taboo subject, but i'd really appreciate some help.

I don't know if i touched any taboo subject, but i'd really appreciate some help.

pretty much everyone here is helpful, not sure it's something that's easy to diagnose though, if you pulled it all apart and it still has it then maybe not much you can do

pretty much everyone here is helpful, not sure it's something that's easy to diagnose though, if you pulled it all apart and it still has it then maybe not much you can do

Thanks for your help. I'm a newbie at this so i could be completely oblivious to something that is obvious to a more experienced and knowlegeable person.

Thanks for your help. I'm a newbie at this so i could be completely oblivious to something that is obvious to a more experienced and knowlegeable person.
Hi there. A couple of pages back (pages 129-130 of this same post) @Techoutside mentioned a similar crackling/rattling sound issue. In the end the solution was returning the camera to the seller and replacing it with a new one. If your purchase was recent, I would go that way since there was never an actual solution to the problem.

Hi there. A couple of pages back (pages 129-130 of this same post) @Techoutside mentioned a similar crackling/rattling sound issue. In the end the solution was returning the camera to the seller and replacing it with a new one. If your purchase was recent, I would go that way since there was never an actual solution to the problem.

Hello, thanks for your help. I saw those posts but i'm unable to see the videos. Yes, the purchase is very recent. Meanwhile i returned the camera for a replacement. Let's see how this goes.

Hello.

I have successfully used the original [smaller battery] möbius in my vehicle for nearly a year, but suffered problems in my wife's car.

Lately, her camera will flash three times to say it's recording then stay solid red.

I've connected to the PC and updated firmware and nothing seems to be a miss.

Similarly, on the drive in this morning and having added a further camera to the rear of my vehicle, mine is now doing the same thing.

Could anyone kindly assist?

Back