Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Just for kicks, open camera 003 and carefully unplug (being sure to first lift the locking tab) and then re-plug the lens module ribbon cable according to the instructions found HERE. You want to make sure it is seated properly.

Also, while you have the camera opened up, unplug the battery for about ten seconds or so and then plug it back in.

This may or may not fix your problem but it should at least help advance your trouble shooting. Mobius cams are extraordinarily reliable but they occasionally do fail from time to time when a component on the board decides to give up the ghost.

...open camera 003 and carefully unplug (being sure to first lift the locking tab) and then re-plug the lens module ribbon cable...also, while you have the camera opened up, unplug the battery for about ten seconds or so and then plug it back in.

No change, still battery strength flash followed by one red and blue flash then a solid red and blue.

No change, still battery strength flash followed by one red and blue flash then a solid red and blue.

Did you ever use the GUI to format your new card before using it? Perhaps try it again if you haven't already
Other than that I don't know what else to suggest. :(

Yep, all cards formatted with the interface.

Thanks for your persistence.

@Bungus provided a tip a long time ago that worked for me as well. Follow @Dashmellow's suggestion formatting the card in the GUI, and also set the parameters once again, even if you have not changed them. It has worked for me in the past.

Reformatted card just now and updated parameters with a slight change.

Still the same.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello, i've returned the crackling / rattling mobius but there seems to be a problem with the delivery to eletoponline365.

It arrived at their local post office to be delivered but it seems no one is at the address to receive it?

Could someone who speaks chinese, translate this correctly, please?

2016-06-13 17:33 小金口配送部, 试投
2016-06-13 08:40 小金口配送部, 正在投递
2016-06-12 18:27 小金口配送部, 试投
2016-06-12 08:59 小金口配送部, 正在投递
2016-06-11 17:35 小金口配送部, 试投
2016-06-11 09:42 小金口配送部, 正在投递
2016-06-10 18:09 小金口配送部, 试投
2016-06-10 09:15 小金口配送部, 正在投递
2016-06-09 17:09 小金口配送部, 试投
2016-06-09 14:13 小金口配送部, 正在投递

Google translates to "trying to vote" in my native language. Is it trying to deliver?

This is becoming a struggle, as i was repeatedly told the rattling was windnoise though the weather was cold and no windows were open and ventilation was off.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: I printed the labels in a label printer, so no handwritting mistakes.

Google translate in the US also mentions voting but also "distribution unit being delivered"

2016-06-13 17:33 Xiaojinkou distribution unit, try to vote
2016-06-13 08:40 Xiaojinkou distribution unit being delivered
2016-06-12 18:27 Xiaojinkou distribution unit, try to vote
2016-06-12 08:59 Xiaojinkou distribution unit being delivered
2016-06-11 17:35 Xiaojinkou distribution unit, try to vote
2016-06-11 09:42 Xiaojinkou distribution unit being delivered
2016-06-10 18:09 Xiaojinkou distribution unit, try to vote
2016-06-10 09:15 Xiaojinkou distribution unit being delivered
2016-06-09 17:09 Xiaojinkou distribution unit, try to vote
2016-06-09 14:13 Xiaojinkou distribution unit being delivered

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of their mobius not saving clips. I use it as a dash cam and when I get home nothing is recorded.
If I test it out at home though it saves the clips just not if I leave it recording for long periods. I've tried reformatting
Thanks

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of their mobius not saving clips. I use it as a dash cam and when I get home nothing is recorded.
If I test it out at home though it saves the clips just not if I leave it recording for long periods. I've tried reformatting
Thanks
Welcome to DCT. Did you buy it recently? Has it ever recorded enough clips to loop-over & start recording over the oldest clips? Does the red rear LED flash repeatedly when using it in the car?

Hi thanks for the reply . Yes it was working fine until one day when trying to watch back the clips on my laptop the files were all corrupted and not playing.
So I've got a new SD card and now it's not saving them. The red light does flash when it's recording.

It's set to record MOV.
And it seems when I get back home and test it out it decides to save the clips

I suggest that you connect Mobius to a phone or tablet charger, or to a power bank, & record clips at home until the memory card is full & overwriting the oldest clips.

If that's successful, the problem may be with the in-car power supply possibly spiking & tripping the Mobius voltage protection circuitry?

An update on my issue with the mobius:

Eletoponline received the camera, tested it while recording on the hand and on the desk and the rattling sound doesn't manifest, obviously. So, they are returning the same unit because the rattling is caused by vibrations on the car even though i sent them several recordings where it rattled even in smooth pavement with minor imperfections and after verifying that when shaking the bare board there's something loose there (probably a tiny spring on the microsd slot).

So, this is an action camera that can't be used with cars, boats, motorcycles, bikes, rc toys, etc. It's a handcam or deskcam or even a move slowlycam

The suction cup is rock solid, tested it in two cars, with 3 different cards. Same result.

I was repeatedly told that the problem was windnoise, when it obviously wasn't. I don't drive in cold weather with my windows rolled down and i thought that reaching the manufacturer directly would not go on the direction of this kind of avoidance.

There's thousands of happy mobius owners and this unit may come from a bad component batch (there are several similar complaints on youtube), but this is a really bad customer experience.

Neither my unit was exchanged by another one and neither i got refunded for a defective product.

Last edited:
This cam really is frustrating. I've been struggling to get it to work as a dashcam for almost 2 years now i guess.
It doesn't work on the power supply that came with a different dashcam (for a first test), that's ok.
It doesn't work properly on a 12V USB adapter, custom made to hardwire it to ignition, okaaay...
Today i got a hardwire kit that is sold on ebay, wired it to the car, it looked like it worked at first try. Camera (or its LEDs) behaves like it is recording, but the SD Card is empty.
Connected the Mobius to the computer, formatted the card (16GB) and checked the settings (like i did 10 times before). Put it in the car for a test and check the card again, finally a video. :eek:
Put it in again, drive around. Check again to make sure the LED arent just faking a record, and again card is empty.
I didn't change a thing - settings, card, wiring.

Funny thing is, at home, on a Apple power supply it works everytime, the way i wanted it to. But the moment the cam is put into the car, it never really works the way it should.

Luckily it isn't my first dashcam, if it was, i would most likely not bother with the whole dashcam topic at all.

I'm about to buy a 3rd Cam, for the rearwindow in my sportscar (already has one in front). I want it to be as tiny as possible, the mobius would be a good choice, but i seriously won't buy a second camera that causes this trouble.

Sorry, it's just that I'm so frustrated about this cam.

Back