Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

have a feeling that was the case in some earlier firmware versions, perhaps the manual wasn't updated as that was improved, or perhaps it was left like that to account for people that still run older firmware versions

In that case the manual should probably be updated to explain the changes and updated capabilities.

In that case the manual should probably be updated to explain the changes and updated capabilities.

I think if using the GUI it doesn't allow settings that won't work so probably not something that comes up often (considering people don't read instructions :D )

I think if using the GUI it doesn't allow settings that won't work so probably not something that comes up often (considering people don't read instructions :D )

Yes, that's right. If the manual says it won't allow you to shoot longer than 5 minute clips with looping and the GUI shouldn't allow settings that won't work then the question is why does it in fact allow it? That was the point of my posts.

The manual just needs a correction, I think. It was probably just an updating oversight from legacy firmware.

Yes, that's right. If the manual says it won't allow you to shoot longer than 5 minute clips with looping and the GUI shouldn't allow settings that won't work then the question is why does it in fact allow it? That was the point of my posts.

The manual just needs a correction, I think. It was probably just an updating oversight from legacy firmware.

was only updated in version 2.37 according to the change log

was only updated in version 2.37 according to the change log

I seem to recall that I've been shooting 10 and 15 minute clips since before v2.37 but I guess the only way to confirm would be to flash some older firmware. I've carried a Mobius as a pocket camera and voice/memo recorder for quite a long time and always opted for longer clips than I might ever use in a dash cam. There were some periods when I didn't use looping in the pocket cam though.

I seem to recall that I've been shooting 10 and 15 minute clips since before v2.37 but I guess the only way to confirm would be to flash some older firmware. I've carried a Mobius as a pocket camera and voice/memo recorder for quite a long time and always opted for longer clips than I might ever use in a dash cam. There were some periods when I didn't use looping in the pocket cam though.

was only going by the change log, not sure of the specifics, v2.37 was released 14 months ago though so would have been available for quite some time already

I've never seen the option to record longer than 5 minute segments in loop recording mode. I've had my mobius for years now

Yup, something that needs to be corrected in the manual. The 5 min. limit only applies to firmware versions less than v2.35. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I'll correct it when I have a spare minute - but that may take a while...

Yup, something that needs to be corrected in the manual. The 5 min. limit only applies to firmware versions less than v2.35. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I'll correct it when I have a spare minute - but that may take a while...

If @russ331 hadn't tried to help out another member by quoting that sentence from the manual referring to the 5 minute upper loop limit and I hadn't been using the longer loop times all along it wouldn't have caught my attention either, so at least some of the credit should go to him. :) Obviously, it would be unreasonable to expect you or anyone else who has put so much effort into this to dot every "i" and cross every "t".

Oy vey, I guess this will need to eventually be corrected in all the different language Mobius manuals. :(

Today, I went to remove the microSD card from the Mobius I've been carrying around as a pocket camera for a long time and it wouldn't come out. Finally some careful pointy tweezer work did the trick.
So, I opened up the camera to have a look and discovered that the 820 mAh battery I'd installed some while back (long enough ago that I can't remember quite when) had swelled up and caused the problem.

I'd noticed recently that the battery wasn't holding a charge as long as it should so I already have a new one on order but I didn't get quite far enough along to make it 'til it arrives.

I was pretty bummed as this is one of my prized vintage V1 Mobius cams with its original metal based "A" lens :eek:. It thought I'd lost it. (at least the original PCB, anyway) Fortunately, after removing the bloated battery, blowing out all the dust that had collected in there from hanging out in my pocket and popping in the old 520 mAh battery, the camera is as good as new. Amen. :)

If @russ331 hadn't tried to help out another member by quoting that sentence from the manual referring to the 5 minute upper loop limit and I hadn't been using the longer loop times all along it wouldn't have caught my attention either, so at least some of the credit should go to him. :) Obviously, it would be unreasonable to expect you or anyone else who has put so much effort into this to dot every "i" and cross every "t".

Oy vey, I guess this will need to eventually be corrected in all the different language Mobius manuals. :(
You've hit the nail on the head. Most, but not all translations, be it for the manual or mSetup, are a one time translation. In time, most translators lose interest or don't have the time to add corrections or additions. For the manual I can understand this. It's a lot of work to compare both manuals. It may be partially my fault, but I just don't have the time to protocol each and every change I make. Some translation have been done by two people because I never received a reply from the original translator or the original translator agreed that someone else should continue.
I have also been promised many translations but the would-be translator became silent.
I am, however, very, very thankful for the work done by the translators. I already have offers for translating the M2, so that's a good start too. Any more offers? :)

You've hit the nail on the head. Most, but not all translations, be it for the manual or mSetup, are a one time translation. In time, most translators lose interest or don't have the time to add corrections or additions. For the manual I can understand this. It's a lot of work to compare both manuals. It may be partially my fault, but I just don't have the time to protocol each and every change I make. Some translation have been done by two people because I never received a reply from the original translator or the original translator agreed that someone else should continue.
I have also been promised many translations but the would-be translator became silent.
I am, however, very, very thankful for the work done by the translators. I already have offers for translating the M2, so that's a good start too. Any more offers? :)
I think you have done, and continue to do a great job.

Isoprop, if you'd like I'll put out a call for translation on the BudgetFlashlightForum. A safety article there went from English to a dozen or so languages in well under a month. Some of those people may not be dashcam users but are more familiar with electronics than usual. Thus I can't assure full accuracy, only an honest earnest effort from those who respond. I can assist them with any questions they have as I'm a Mobuis fan myself :) Of course you'll need dataspace for it all, and they will need someplace to send it to.

Sound good to you?

Phil

I was pretty bummed as this is one of my prized vintage V1 Mobius cams with its original metal based "A" lens :eek:. It thought I'd lost it. (at least the original PCB, anyway) Fortunately, after removing the bloated battery, blowing out all the dust that had collected in there from hanging out in my pocket and popping in the old 520 mAh battery, the camera is as good as new. Amen. :)

Dashmellow, I'm afraid you're mistaken. That cam is junk now so you might as well send it to me. I'll offer you a box of donuts (your favorite flavor) for it :D

Well you can't blame me for trying, can you?
Phil

Dashmellow, I'm afraid you're mistaken. That cam is junk now so you might as well send it to me. I'll offer you a box of donuts (your favorite flavor) for it :D

Well you can't blame me for trying, can you?
Phil

You're gonna need a whole LOTTA donuts for me to give up THAT cam! :D

I can see a mint Original Mobius going in the 4-digit dollar range someday :cool: I am not a collector, all I want is the metal lens/CMOS base. Someone with a 3D printer will make a batch someday and I'll grab a few then.

Phil

I can see a mint Original Mobius going in the 4-digit dollar range someday :cool: I am not a collector, all I want is the metal lens/CMOS base. Someone with a 3D printer will make a batch someday and I'll grab a few then.

Phil

Yeah, the original Mobius is a true "classic". So far not so with the new Mobius 2.0 :(.

Back