Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Isoprop, if you'd like I'll put out a call for translation on the BudgetFlashlightForum. A safety article there went from English to a dozen or so languages in well under a month. Some of those people may not be dashcam users but are more familiar with electronics than usual. Thus I can't assure full accuracy, only an honest earnest effort from those who respond. I can assist them with any questions they have as I'm a Mobuis fan myself :) Of course you'll need dataspace for it all, and they will need someplace to send it to.

Sound good to you?

Phil
Thank you for your offer to put out a call for translation.

The more translations, the more work I have to do :)

I believe the GUI translations are the most important, but there is an awful lot of text. Currently, there are over 900 lines of text that need translating. Most, if not all people totally underestimate the amount of text in such a 'simple' program.
You are very welcome to put out a call for translators, but potential translators should be made aware of the amount of work involved. I have had so many people offer to do translations, but after I send them the translation file I never hear from them again. Also, people should NOT use a resource tool to translate the resource. As soon as there's a GUI update the resource will no longer work so all their hard work was for nothing!
Potential translators should contact me (my address is at the bottom of the GUI/Manual download page - http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius1/index.html) and I'll send them a Unicode text file with brief instructions. The download page also lists the translations that are already available for the Mobius (M1).
Translators for the Manual (#16, M1, M2) are also very welcome. The original manual is in pure HTML without any CSS code. I prefer to keep it this way because it can then be compiled into the foreign dll. But I can make exceptions...
Once again, many thanks.

I'll put out the call shortly. They're the right kind of people, but it will depend on their level of interest.

Phil

I am, however, very, very thankful for the work done by the translators. I already have offers for translating the M2, so that's a good start too. Any more offers? :)
I don't know if there's a Portuguese translation already or if our market is of any interest to the Mobius people, but if you want I can do one.

we need to go through our camera menus and do some corrections which is why I asked, even I know some people that speak the respective languages it also needs someone that understands the products as direct translations don't always make sense in other languages, character limitations and how to abbreviate is another issue to deal with as well

As far as the Mobius (M1) is concerned, both mSetup and the Manual already exist in Spanish.

If you go to http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html you will see which languages already exist. Some translations may be incomplete or not perfect. I have no means of checking.
Currently, mSetup exists in 11 different languages plus English.
The Manual also exists in 11 different languages plus English.

@jokiin may be able to use some of the translations for his own dashcam.

What does solid yellow LED with accompanying solid red LED to rear of camera indicate?

Thanks Dashmellow, I should really know this by now given the number of these mobiuses I own. Bad memory though. Well I'm chasing an issue on my dashcam mobius but will do a little more testing before posting details, to see if I can describe it fully.

So I have a mobius dashcam which is playing up. The video below illustrates that when I can get it to record it overexposes as soon as I drive out of the garage. It's also doing other screwy stuff like freezing, not responding to button presses, etc.

A couple of factors which might be contributing - I've remoted the lens module using an extension cable. Also power is via a 12v to 5v regulator. I will be trying a different regulator but just wondered if anyone has seen this before? All image settings were at auto and I even tried restoring to default parameters in msetup, which made no difference.

I haven't - maybe I should try that next. Thanks

Well I reloaded the fw by the card method and that didn't help, but by a process of elimination I think it's the lens extension cable. i had actually connected two 20cm cables in series in order to route the cable nicely above the headlining to exit just above the interior mirror, with just the lens module showing (but barely noticeable).

It was lovely looking.... But it didn't work, so time to throw that in the bin and start again with a single 20cm cable running direct from mobius body to lens.

I think one extension cable is the max you can hook up. Any longer and the signal degrades.

While recording in ACC mode, when the engine is cranked, my Mobius goes off and doesn't turn on. It's a diesel. Any remedies?

That's a neat DIY but I'm trying to reduce the number of fuse taps connected, this just adds an extra one.

Planning on powering all the dash cams using a Aukey 4 port USB car charger + cables from Amazon basics, with just one hardwired female cigarette lighter socket running to the glove box. So if the Mobius is running off the mentioned setup, the DIY won't be applicable anyway.

Any solution other than swapping back the battery?

Back