Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I have, but alas my sequence is not mentioned, hence my query....

There do indeed seem to be a number of undocumented flash sequences. Some become self evident if you repeat them enough, like when you manually activate the camera with no microSD card in it. (Just yesterday, I happened to do this twice in a row and wondered what all the strange flashing was all about until I realized my blunder....duh?) Other flash sequences seem to be developer's codes. If this is true it would be cool if these were published. It might help us with some of our troubleshooting efforts.

There do indeed seem to be a number of undocumented flash sequences. Some become self evident if you repeat them enough, like when you manually activate the camera with no microSD card in it. (Just yesterday, I happened to do this twice in a row and wondered what all the strange flashing was all about until I realized my blunder....duh?) Other flash sequences seem to be developer's codes. If this is true it would be cool if these were published. It might help us with some of our troubleshooting efforts.
Look at the end of the manual, under Trouble Shooting. A lot of additional LED sequences are defined there, for example the fast blinking red LED sequence. All known LED blink sequences are published.
The recent mSetup corrects a reversed aspect ratio for the #16 and now allows you to download v1.13 which wasn't possible in previous versions due to a file naming conflict. It also contains the latest manual.

Look at the end of the manual, under Trouble Shooting. A lot of additional LED sequences are defined there, for example the fast blinking red LED sequence. All known LED blink sequences are published.
The recent mSetup corrects a reversed aspect ratio for the #16 and now allows you to download v1.13 which wasn't possible in previous versions due to a file naming conflict. It also contains the latest manual.

I see. Thanks!

Edit: Apparently, I've never given the "troubleshooting" section of the manual more than a cursory glance as I've been fortunate enough not to need to.

Last edited:
Hey guys just a quick one, I live in Aust/Queensland it gets pretty hot here, my mobius has started to turn itself off for about 15-20 minutes then it will start again?
I have it hooked up to my motorcycle and plugged into a hardwired usb port 5v 2A, I'm not sure if its turning off due to heat issues then once cooled down kicks in again?
I'm going to try it tomorrow without the usb power on. I've also used the usb cable that came with it, the short one not the long one, not sure if that would make a difference?
My EGO 727 used to turn off when too hot, but that was in its waterproof case, outside of the waterproof case its been fine.

Hey guys just a quick one, I live in Aust/Queensland it gets pretty hot here, my mobius has started to turn itself off for about 15-20 minutes then it will start again?
I have it hooked up to my motorcycle and plugged into a hardwired usb port 5v 2A, I'm not sure if its turning off due to heat issues then once cooled down kicks in again?
I'm going to try it tomorrow without the usb power on. I've also used the usb cable that came with it, the short one not the long one, not sure if that would make a difference?
My EGO 727 used to turn off when too hot, but that was in its waterproof case, outside of the waterproof case its been fine.
If you're using the short cable that came with it, that probably is the issue. When plugged in it may record one file, then sense that it's connected to a computer and go into standby mode (solid amber light). The short cable is a data cable, the pins on the short cable are different than the long cable.

If you're using the short cable that came with it, that probably is the issue. When plugged in it may record one file, then sense that it's connected to a computer and go into standby mode (solid amber light). The short cable is a data cable, the pins on the short cable are different than the long cable.
Thanks mate i will swap them over...

Another thing I noticed is that if the data cable(be it long or short) is used to charge the camera via AC,the camera's heatsink becomes very hot.
Now,i'm not exactly sure if my case is just a one off or if somebody else has experienced this same scenario?

Ive used the data cable for testing the Mobius, with no problems. Plugged into a USB wall charger, I've filled the memory card with three minute video clips, & overwritten the oldest files.

Mind you, it wasn't the original data cable, which fell to bits, it was a replacement sent to me by JooVuu.

With regard to heatsink temperatures, try altering the bitrate from high to standard. See if you can detect any reduction in a) heatsink temperature & b) video quality. I reckon the answer will be a) yes & b) no.

Last edited:
My camera had this issue when there were card compatibility issues. I updated to 1.17 and all was well.

How can we tell wich cable came with the Mobius? Is there a marking on it that could identify it?
I have a bunch of them around and have mixed them up a bit.
I don't need it for day today use because I'm using a Converter in the Jeep But it would be
nice to have if I take the Mobius traveling with out my ride.

How can we tell wich cable came with the Mobius? Is there a marking on it that could identify it?
I have a bunch of them around and have mixed them up a bit.
I don't need it for day today use because I'm using a Converter in the Jeep But it would be
nice to have if I take the Mobius traveling with out my ride.
Check out. Post #7 "Mobius is normally sold with a universal cable harness."
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...ts-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/#post-49843

For data, I have used other cables without problem. In fact I have used a cable that came with my hard drive. The connector has a snugger fit and it's longer. The pin setup for charging and recording is different. Pins#2,3,4 are shorted

Last edited by a moderator:
Pins#2,3,4 are shorted
Got it thanks.
Not until I got on DCT did I realize that not all USB cables are the same.

Have had no problems with mobius usb cables and non-mobius usb cables plugged into amazon extension cables.

Ive used the data cable for testing the Mobius, with no problems. Plugged into a USB wall charger, I've filled the memory card with three minute video clips, & overwritten the oldest files.

Mind you, it wasn't the original data cable, which fell to bits, it was a replacement sent to me by JooVuu.

With regard to heatsink temperatures, try altering the bitrate from high to standard. See if you can detect any reduction in a) heatsink temperature & b) video quality. I reckon the answer will be a) yes & b) no.
Hi Russ, I just checked and I already have the bitrate on standard? tnx anyway mate...

Well,I must be that "one off" case then lol.
As the 2(1 short and 1 long) cable that came with the Mobius kit I purchased both made the heatsink hot while charging via AC.
The quality of the cables that came with the Mobius don't seem that good compared to my locally bought ones.
Not saying Joovuu is/are supplying crap cables,but just my observations.

Just tested with the long cable that came with the camera plugged into the usb charger, it lasted 7 min then turned itself off? that's 2-3 minute files and 1-1minute?
I'm just about to head to work so I will try just on battery power alone...its a good 30min ride to work...

Well,I must be that "one off" case then lol.
As the 2(1 short and 1 long) cable that came with the Mobius kit I purchased both made the heatsink hot while charging via AC.
The quality of the cables that came with the Mobius don't seem that good compared to my locally bought ones.
Not saying Joovuu is/are supplying crap cables,but just my observations.
Write JooVuu of your situation. It doesn't seem normal and may be a problem in the future. Better to maybe exchange it if neccesary.

Last edited:
Ok.. without the usb plugged in the mobius was flawless, it stayed on the entire trip to work about 30 minutes.
On the way home it lasted for about 50 minutes due to traffic, I think the battery went flat.
So I guess i should start checking the output of the usb charger? it should be 5v/2A so it says?
Is there anyway to check the voltage and amps of a usb?

Is there anyway to check the voltage and amps of a usb?

If you search eBay for USB Tester, you'll find a variety of products, however, I cannot say from personal experience which are accurate / reliable.

Back