Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

If you search eBay for USB Tester, you'll find a variety of products, however, I cannot say from personal experience which are accurate / reliable.
Thanks Russ, I might have to order one..problem I have is they are from China, it always takes about 3-4 weeks to arrive?
The same type of product in Aust is 5 times the price.

Well,I must be that "one off" case then lol.
As the 2(1 short and 1 long) cable that came with the Mobius kit I purchased both made the heatsink hot while charging via AC.
The quality of the cables that came with the Mobius don't seem that good compared to my locally bought ones.
Not saying Joovuu is/are supplying crap cables,but just my observations.

Hi Atomicorion,
Don't purchase any special cables we simply sell what we are sent from the supplier. I know Therau2000 has been having issues with the quality of the cables and his app for Android as well. If you drop us a message at www.JooVuu.com/contact and let us know your problem we can get it sorted. We even have a fancy barcode thingy-ma-jig now for returns so we feel all professional ;).

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Hi Atomicorion,
Don't purchase any special cables we simply sell what we are sent from the supplier. I know Therau2000 has been having issues with the quality of the cables and his app for Android as well. If you drop us a message at www.JooVuu.com/contact and let us know your problem we can get it sorted. We even have a fancy barcode thingy-ma-jig now for returns so we feel all professional ;).

Kind regards,

JooVuu
Yeah,that I do understand as you're just the retailer(not your fault),and not the manufacturer of all the parts.
But as I mentioned in my earlier post that my cables could've been just a one off as other Mobius users have reported no probs with their cables regarding the heatsink getting hot whilst charging via AC.
I'm not too fussed mate as they're just cables that are cheaply and easily replaced.
So yeah,no biggie.:)
My apologies if there's any misunderstandings.:)

Ok.. without the usb plugged in the mobius was flawless, it stayed on the entire trip to work about 30 minutes.
On the way home it lasted for about 50 minutes due to traffic, I think the battery went flat.
So I guess i should start checking the output of the usb charger? it should be 5v/2A so it says?
Is there anyway to check the voltage and amps of a usb?
To confirm: you are using the 3m cable from the Mobius package?

Is there anyway to check the voltage and amps of a usb?

I've have one of the gadgets Russ is referring to that I bought on eBay several months ago and I can highly recommend it. It is called the "Charger Doctor" and will measure both the Voltage and Amperage on a USB port or connected cable with accuracy to two decimal points. It will show the read-out at rest and under load. The best I've been able to ascertain, it is more than accurate enough for our purposes and seems to match my multimeter pretty closely.

You will find this device for sale on eBay for a WIDE range of prices. I bought the cheapest one I could find at approximately 5 USD including shipping from China and I have no complaints.

cdoctor.jpg

charged.jpg

chargedoc.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know that www.JooVuu.com from now is giving the first 100 people 5% off their orders. Any item even if it is not in stock you can order it now and get 5% off. Just use voucher code: 5%offyay! We ship to anywhere in the world as well. We hope this 5% off helps a few people.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

PS NO QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED IN HERE: Please either PM on here or contact us at www.JooVuu.com/contact this is so the thread stays on topic! Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm having some sort of problems with my Mobius also...
Sometimes, the camera records for 1 sec and then stops without any intervention. For example, I get in the car, mount the camera in place, plug in the cable (3m cable permanent plugged in the cigarette lighter socket), the camera starts recording, everything perfect. I stop the car for a while, the camera stops the recording after 10sec, I leave the camera connected and start to drive. A few minutes later, I notice that the leds are off (i.e red one) which means the camera is off and i have to manual press the power button for the camera to start recording again. I check the SD card and found out that the camera DID record something then, but only for 1 sec, then the recording stopped without any intervention.

Any ideas?
Find attached my syscfg.txt.

Attachments

Hey guys, I'm having some sort of problems with my Mobius also...
Sometimes, the camera records for 1 sec and then stops without any intervention. For example, I get in the car, mount the camera in place, plug in the cable (3m cable permanent plugged in the cigarette lighter socket), the camera starts recording, everything perfect. I stop the car for a while, the camera stops the recording after 10sec, I leave the camera connected and start to drive. A few minutes later, I notice that the leds are off (i.e red one) which means the camera is off and i have to manual press the power button for the camera to start recording again. I check the SD card and found out that the camera DID record something then, but only for 1 sec, then the recording stopped without any intervention.

Any ideas?
Find attached my syscfg.txt.

One of my Mobius cameras had a chronic issue with basically the same symptoms but the problem was that the microUSB connector had an intermittent connection that would shut down the camera. Just pressing the power button again would get it working so it took awhile to realize it was the connector. I live in a rural area where there are bumpy roads so it would work itself loose very easily. My other Mobius never does that. Anyway, this is a simple thing worth checking just to eliminate that this might be the cause.

Hi guys, I've tried searching through this thread and the forum but can't seem to find anything on the issue I am having:

I got the Mobius 3 days ago and installed it into my car with the 3m cable and the suction cup all from eletoponline365 and the output is really messed up, glitchy, weird colors and multiple copies of the same image, below are some links to my video outputs:

http://videobam.com/VZgXT

http://videobam.com/NsdbI

I have tried reformatting the memory card (also bought with the camera, 32gb) but that did not help :(

Hi guys, I've tried searching through this thread and the forum but can't seem to find anything on the issue I am having:

I got the Mobius 3 days ago and installed it into my car with the 3m cable and the suction cup all from eletoponline365 and the output is really messed up, glitchy, weird colors and multiple copies of the same image, below are some links to my video outputs:

http://videobam.com/VZgXT

http://videobam.com/NsdbI

I have tried reformatting the memory card (also bought with the camera, 32gb) but that did not help :(
Which SD card are you using?

Kingston 32gb, I bought it with the camera as a package so it should be compatible

Kingston 32gb, I bought it with the camera as a package so it should be compatible
It sounds card related. If you want, first step is to test the card using h2testw.exe, which will confirm the read/write integrity of the media on the card, and CrystalDiskMark.exe, which will measure the speed of sequential and various block sizes of random read/write tests.
You could also, try attaching the Mobius to the computer without the SD card installed and use it as a web cam. If you don't have a compatible program, use AMCap, it's a free webcam program that works with the Mobius. This way you can test the video quality without the sd card and without recording.
http://download.cnet.com/AMCap/3000-13633_4-10504734.html

New FW released:
Tom Frank;27855534 said:
I just posted FW v1.20 for download. This FW has a
- fix for the incorrectly rendered Narrow, 180 deg. rotate video,
- a much more accurate battery status LED flashing sequencing,
- and new code to accommodate the Android External Webcam app authored by therau2000.

There is also new memory card communication code! This code has shown to work with the memory cards available to the developer and FW beta testers. Obviously we do not have access to the cards which have been problematic with the entire user base. Some worked with FW v1.13, but not FW v1.17, and vice versa. We're hopeful v1.20 will work with more of these problematic cards, but only users who have these cards can determine that. So, we'd like to hear if problem cards work with the new firmware or not. You can post your feedback here. If you still have a card that will not work, please test it first with h2testw.exe program if you have access to a Windows PC. If it checks out OK, post this confirmation along with the card brand name, Speed class, and capacity. I have left FW v1.13 and v1.17 available for download until new communication code is proven.

I've have one of the gadgets Russ is referring to that I bought on eBay several months ago and I can highly recommend it. It is called the "Charger Doctor" and will measure both the Voltage and Amperage on a USB port or connected cable with accuracy to two decimal points. It will show the read-out at rest and under load. The best I've been able to ascertain, it is more than accurate enough for our purposes and seems to match my multimeter pretty closely.

You will find this device for sale on eBay for a WIDE range of prices. I bought the cheapest one I could find at approximately 5 USD including shipping from China and I have no complaints.

View attachment 4385

View attachment 4386

View attachment 4388
Thanks mate I had a look at those, they look great. problem is they don't sell them in Oz, and I'm in a bit of a hurry to work out why my mobius shuts off when plugged into the usb charger on my motorcycle.
I have found a multimeter for $5 at jaycar near me, going to pick it up tomorrow and check the usb.

Thanks mate I had a look at those, they look great. problem is they don't sell them in Oz, and I'm in a bit of a hurry to work out why my mobius shuts off when plugged into the usb charger on my motorcycle.
I have found a multimeter for $5 at jaycar near me, going to pick it up tomorrow and check the usb.
With the above mentioned firmware upgrade v1.20 released, I would upgrade and see if that fixes it. The previous firmware was really buggy

It sounds card related. If you want, first step is to test the card using h2testw.exe, which will confirm the read/write integrity of the media on the card, and CrystalDiskMark.exe, which will measure the speed of sequential and various block sizes of random read/write tests.
You could also, try attaching the Mobius to the computer without the SD card installed and use it as a web cam. If you don't have a compatible program, use AMCap, it's a free webcam program that works with the Mobius. This way you can test the video quality without the sd card and without recording.
http://download.cnet.com/AMCap/3000-13633_4-10504734.html

Unfortunately I'm running a Mac so I don't think that I can use CrystalDiskMark.exe or Amcap (I don't have parallels/bootcamp either :( )

Unfortunately I'm running a Mac so I don't think that I can use CrystalDiskMark.exe or Amcap (I don't have parallels/bootcamp either :( )

Bkag, Macintosh computers ship with software that allows you to connect an external camera as a web cam. You don't need to go looking for anything. If you want to test to see if your Mobius is capable of capturing video as a web cam do the following:

● Plug your Mobius into the Mac using a miniUSB to USB cable.
● Open QuickTime Player.
● Go to the "File" drop down menu and choose "New Movie Recording"
● Press the Power button on your Mobius and make sure it is on. Then press the shutter button.
● You should now see the live video from the attached Mobius in the QuickTime Player "New Movie Recording" window.
● If instead you see the video from your built-in iSight camera, click on the small down pointing white triangle on the right hand side of the floating control palette in the QuickTime window and select "Mobius" instead of "Built-in iSight". A fresh "New Movie Recording" window will launch with the Mobius operating as a "webcam".
● If you wish, you can press the red record button and record what your Mobius now sees as a webcam, assuming the camera is functioning properly.

It could be that you will see the same weird video artifacts you saw in your previous recordings which would tell you if the problem is with the camera rather than with the microSD card. If there is something else wrong with the camera, you may not be able to get it to mount on your computer at all but this method should help you with your troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Bkag, Macintosh computers ship with software that allows you to connect an external camera as a web cam. You don't need to go looking for anything. If you want to test to see if your Mobius is capable of capturing video as a web cam do the following:

● Plug your Mobius into the Mac using a miniUSB to USB cable.
● Open QuickTime Player.
● Go to the "File" drop down menu and choose "New Movie Recording"
● Press the Power button on your Mobius and make sure it is on. Then press the shutter button.
● You should now see the live video from the attached Mobius in the QuickTime Player "New Movie Recording" window.
● If instead you see the video from your built-in iSight camera, click on the small down pointing white triangle on the right hand side of the floating control palette in the QuickTime window and select "Mobius" instead of "Built-in iSight". A fresh "New Movie Recording" window will launch with the Mobius operating as a "webcam".
● If you wish, you can press the red record button and record what your Mobius now sees as a webcam, assuming the camera is functioning properly.

It could be that you will see the same weird video artifacts you saw in your previous recordings which would tell you if the problem is with the camera rather than with the microSD card. If there is something else wrong with the camera, you may not be able to get it to mount on your computer at all but this method should help you with your troubleshooting.

Unfortunately it has taken a turn for the worse and can't even be seen by the Mac any more, the seller wants me to send it back and replace it :(

Unfortunately it has taken a turn for the worse and can't even be seen by the Mac any more, the seller wants me to send it back and replace it :(

A replacement sounds like a good idea, so things may be more fortunate than unfortunate when all is said and done. :)

Back