Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

The Mobius is a great little cam.

The SJ WIFI feature is nice, the performance is good and I'm happy with it. I posted a review with a picture next to the Mobius. the SJ is more discreet than a lot of dash cams so it fits in a good amount of places; the box shape helps.

Nice review! Prices seem instable....? I see prices from 65 - 100 bucs..... and, copies, which one are the copies.... The SJCAM branded have the name on the housing, but there are others exactly the same without the SJCAM name on it..... are they in fact the same, or... pretty confusing....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review! Prices seem instable....? I see prices from 65 - 100 bucs..... and, copies, which one are the copies.... The SJCAM branded have the name on the housing, but there are others exactly the same without the SJCAM name on it..... are they in fact the same, or... pretty confusing....
Yes very. I got mine from @GearBest and all tests show its the original. The non original wifi came in both branded and unbranded versions which made it easy to copy. The wifi only comes branded so it should be easier. @GearBest had a coupon that made the non wifi $79.99. Attention is now on the wifi and the hopefully soon to be released A7 model so a good time to pick up an original non wifi cheap. $80 with the waterproof case and a bunch of mounts is a good deal to me.

For more info check out the RcGroups owners thread. There is a good amount of info there and it will make you see how great and friendly this DCT forum is. Or ask me any questions you want, I'm happy to discuss this camera. Maybe post them on my SJ review thread, since we are posting on the Mobius thread

Last edited:
I think SJCAM is actually a FoxOffer brand so they're definitely guaranteed to be original from them as well

I think SJCAM is actually a FoxOffer brand so they're definitely guaranteed to be original from them as well
The SJCam branding should make it easier, for now, to know why you're getting and the WIFI only comes branded. Now you find a lot of SJ5000 's out there, hoping people will think it's the next model and buy when there is no real SJ5000. The next A7 model, maybe named SJ5000, I have heard is due in November

Hi all hoping somebody can help finally solve my mobius problem

Currently im using a kingston 32gb class 4 micro sd card formatted using the inbuilt formatter
Its on V2.18

I've changed the SYSCFG.TXT file but the mobius doesn't seem to autostart

I've hardwired it into my car

Currently i get a blue flash when starting the car then 3 red flashes from the recording led then nothing.

I get the same problem using the 12v socket in my car also

The mobius however seems to work fine after its been on charge via USB or via the wall charger The camera will switch on fine when starting the car a number of times,however after a few hours sat idle it goes back to the blue flash 3 red leds

I've gave the camera 4-5 full charges also the camera runs for around 60 mins on the internal battery

Any ideas

Are you sure the supplied power from either source is 5Volt, 1 Amp? Power problems from cheap source or sources lower than 1A have been know to cause problems.

You say you modified the SYSCFG.TXT, have tried setting the cam through the GUI?

Are you sure the supplied power from either source is 5Volt, 1 Amp? Power problems from cheap source or sources lower than 1A have been know to cause problems.

You say you modified the SYSCFG.TXT, have tried setting the cam through the GUI?

I've modified the SYSCFG.TXT file via the mSetup program.

Im not sure on the 5Volt,1am ive it hardwired into a 10amp fuse piggybacked via a 4Amp fuse it works fine on other peoples setups
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380699351818
I've also tried it using the cigarette lighter using a usb adapter & the mobius cable
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B0088U4YAG
I've since bought a new sd card & super capacitor (not tried yet) as i thought it was the battery not holding its charge as its fine once charged via the pc but doesn't respond if i leave it overnight plugged in the car

Here's a vid if that helps

Last edited:
i

is this the standard lens or wide angle??
Sorry about delay in replying.I think it is the standard lens as i have not done anything with the lens since i got it.

I would connect it to a PC and use the GUI (download here) to check the settings and reformat the card. It sounds as if it could be a card problem or a power issue. You're sure the power is fine, then go into the GUI and reinstall the firmware and reformat the card

I would connect it to a PC and use the GUI (download here) to check the settings and reformat the card. It sounds as if it could be a card problem or a power issue. You're sure the power is fine, then go into the GUI and reinstall the firmware and reformat the card

That's the software I'm using I've reformatted the card several times I'm holding off opening the new one incase I get it working I can send it bk.

The camera will sometimes work if I hold the power button for 5 secs or so.

Should the camera turn on and start recording when connected to a mains charger & USB as it doesn't only when the green charge lights been on for a while I disconnect the camera then re connect and it switches on straight away & starts to record

Can you post screenshots of your settings?

Here you go as promised

Is the Date/Time supposed to be that? it was 23:12pm when synced

Left mobius on charge for 2 hours green light went out put it in car & nothing same whilst driving home until i got home & held the power button the orange & red light came on i then pressed the shutter button & it started to record.Its at this point the camera is fine i can turn the car on/off and the camera starts everytime.However when i connect the cam in the morning it wont register

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuUU6BIywUXUWZRY3dLSWtKRlU/view?usp=sharing

Sorry about delay in replying.I think it is the standard lens as i have not done anything with the lens since i got it.
cool, perfect for my remote needs.

Or ask me any questions you want, I'm happy to discuss this camera. Maybe post them on my SJ review thread, since we are posting on the Mobius thread

Just did.....

Just tried the new sd card and still having the same issues

That's the software I'm using I've reformatted the card several times I'm holding off opening the new one incase I get it working I can send it bk.

The camera will sometimes work if I hold the power button for 5 secs or so.

Should the camera turn on and start recording when connected to a mains charger & USB as it doesn't only when the green charge lights been on for a while I disconnect the camera then re connect and it switches on straight away & starts to record
If you are using mSetup (Windows) then you DO NOT use the SYSCFG.TXT file. That could be your problem. mSetup communicates directly with the camera. That means it reads and sets the parameters directly without looking at what's on the card.
Depending on your settings (in the GUI!) you may have to press the power button for 5 seconds before the camera turns on. That's a safety parameter to prevent the camera turning on inadvertently. You can set the Power On Delay parameter to Fast if you wish to only briefly press the power button to start the camera. Remember the camera still needs a few seconds to go thru it's start-up routines.
If you are using a Mac or Linux machine then you need to first generate a SYSCFG.TXT file and then use the button presses described in the manual to tell the firmware to read the parameters and automatically delete the file.
If you need further help we need to know what hardware you are using, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, etc. and exactly what you are doing to set the parameters.
If the camera starts to record automatically or not depends on your settings.

That could be where I'm going wrong I've generated the syscfg.txt file following the key presses.

I'll reformat the card later on and just set the parameters via the meet up app.

Do I need to create a profile or just save over the default settings?

That could be where I'm going wrong I've generated the syscfg.txt file following the key presses.

I'll reformat the card later on and just set the parameters via the meet up app.

Do I need to create a profile or just save over the default settings?
That's where I was confused. It seemed you said you were using the Windows GUI and yet sent the SYCFG.TXT file.

Back