Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

That could be where I'm going wrong I've generated the syscfg.txt file following the key presses.

I'll reformat the card later on and just set the parameters via the meet up app.

Do I need to create a profile or just save over the default settings?
For the Windows GUI (mSetup) you don't need to use the profiles. Just select your camera, set the parameters you want, and then click the "Set Parameters" button.
If the camera doesn't perform as expected, repeat the process. You can repeat the process hundreds of time. You don't need to close the program in-between.

Cheers guys right I reinstalled the firmware & reformatted the sd card. I've set the parameters so hopefully it'll work.

I've left most on the default setting & changed the following

Power on Delay was already set to Fast

Power on - Auto Record to "External Only"

Power - off disconnect "10Secs"

Motion camera "off"

Mode 1
Rotate Video 180 "yes"
Loop Recording "On"

Isoprop, There is any chance that the developer will update the playback mode (with tv cable) in the next FW update?
First, the video quality with the playback mode is bad, can't even read the date/time stamp to know which clip i need to see (in case of a playback for the police or so..), but i guess that this is not fixable.
Maybe the date/time stamp can be bigger in 1080p like in the 720p?

But my main request: Maybe he could add the options: "fast forward" and previous clip?
My suggestion (while in playback mode):
1. One press on the M button will be the next clip (like now) and 2 fast presses or holding the M button for 1 second will go back a clip.
2. Holding the shutter button will fast forward the clip.
Can you please forward this request?

Isoprop, There is any chance that the developer will update the playback mode (with tv cable) in the next FW update?
First, the video quality with the playback mode is bad, can't even read the date/time stamp to know which clip i need to see (in case of a playback for the police or so..), but i guess that this is not fixable.
Maybe the date/time stamp can be bigger in 1080p like in the 720p?

But my main request: Maybe he could add the options: "fast forward" and previous clip?
My suggestion (while in playback mode):
1. One press on the M button will be the next clip (like now) and 2 fast presses or holding the M button for 1 second will go back a clip.
2. Holding the shutter button will fast forward the clip.
Can you please forward this request?
I'm afraid I don't forward requests, but I'm (pretty) sure the developer monitors this thread so will most likely read your post.
I don't think you should expect any changes in the way playback works but I do agree that it could be improved.
The playback picture will never be as clear as in the original video or photo because the output is a composite analog signal with a very low resolution NTSC or PAL signal. Like you said, it's not fixable.
The majority of people are very happy with the size of the time and date stamp as it is and would not be happy if it were larger. A larger date/time stamp would inadvertently cover up more of the original picture, which may, in turn, be a disadvantage.
I know the developer welcomes sensible suggestions but he has to draw the line somewhere. Who knows what ideas may become part of a future firmware version? It's people's ideas that have made the firmware what it is today.

Right after charging, flashing & formatting then changing the parameters using the GUI the camera worked fine when I drove home last night.

However just got in the car and the blue light comes on when I start the ignition which goes green then 3 red light flashes at the back still.

I have to still hold the power button for over 5 secs to get a response sometimes it'll flash blue when I press the power button.

About halfway I stopped and restarted the car and the camera started to work as normal any ideas on what could be causing this? Battery? Power? I'm already on my second memory card so it can't be that

I've looked at the recording from earlier and noticed the date has gone back to 2012 and time & date are all wrong.

Update drove home after 4-5 hours and the camera does the same blue light then green followed by 3 red flashes.If i hold the power button for a few seconds the light will go green (charging) if i leave it 5-10 mins the camera works fine

Last edited:
Hi, I tested my new cam as dashcam. There is a problem with the sound.
Cam was mounted with a small suction cup to the windscreen and was powered by battery.
What can I do, to remove this cracking sizzling noise?

Thanks

From here:
Tom Frank said:
a small touch of silicone adhesive inside the case top at the joint between the buttons and the case will stop any rattling of the buttons (as well as keeping them from falling out if you open your case very muc)
A side effect is that buttons will be harder to press. Also you should pay attention at the battery wires, those could also vibrate inside the case.

Thanks, for your answers. Good to know, that there is no problem with the mic. Everything else I can fix... hopefully...

Hi, I tested my new cam as dashcam. There is a problem with the sound.
Cam was mounted with a small suction cup to the windscreen and was powered by battery.

Thanks

Further to Tom's suggestion, you could just cut a small strip of Scotch tape and stick it over the buttons on the outside. Worked for me and much easier than opening up the camera. Buttons still work OK.

(Sorry if I messed-up this posting - haven't got the hang of it yet.)

Last edited:
I saw what looked like a pretty convincing Mobius copy in Hong Kong today, I'm no expert when it comes to Mobius but pretty sure the genuine ones don't record in AVI format, came in a colour box and had some cheap looking accessories with it alsoIMG_7094.JPG

For anyone that's interested in these I'd strongly suggest only buying from the approved sellers listed on the first page of this thread

Did you ask the seller/company, what was inside?

Did you ask the seller/company, what was inside?

I did, I wouldn't class them as product experts though, you'd think they should be well versed since they claimed it was their exclusive private model (I never trust that statement coming from Hong Kong companies), anyway as I mentioned already if there's copies out there make sure to stick to the list of verified sellers only

I wonder who will be the first person to pick up one of those thinking they've got a bargain and then come on here complaining about it?

I wonder who will be the first person to pick up one of those thinking they've got a bargain and then come on here complaining about it?

unfortunately it seems a lot of people become great at searching model info once they work out they have a problem and not before they buy

Just like me before I bought a few of mine :D

I saw what looked like a pretty convincing Mobius copy in Hong Kong today, I'm no expert when it comes to Mobius but pretty sure the genuine ones don't record in AVI format, came in a colour box and had some cheap looking accessories with it also

For anyone that's interested in these I'd strongly suggest only buying from the approved sellers listed on the first page of this thread
Using the latest firmware you can configure both Mobius video recording modes independently to MOV, AVI, MP4 or WAV (sound only).
Tell-tail signs of a fake are a non-lasered DSP or an NTK 96650 processor. If there's a Sunplus or AIT DSP then the camera is also a fake.
Unfortunately, the DSP (on the original Mobius) is on the underside of the board so the whole board would have to be removed to take a peek :eek:
On your picture the LED hole looks a little bit larger than the original.

It's certainly not good news if the Mobius design has been copied. Who knows what cheap components are inside...
The color box is definitely NOT original :D

I think a big problem is that the Chinese factories know people are trying to spend as little as they can and will buy the cheapest one that looks or they think is real. It's almost like a competition and the prize is the cheapest price.

SJ4000 copies and copies of copies are everywhere and everyone is worried about getting a fake, yet people still search everywhere for the cheapest model. The WIFI sells around $100 and the RC groups user thread is filled with people asking "is this $50 ebay listing real?"

Guys any ideas how to fix this?

"
No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."

If I record short videos it works but when I let it recording for long it shows me that when I try to play them

I am running 2.18 formatted from mobius software and using 64gb SanDisk ultra

Using the latest firmware you can configure both Mobius video recording modes independently to MOV, AVI, MP4 or WAV (sound only).
Tell-tail signs of a fake are a non-lasered DSP or an NTK 96650 processor. If there's a Sunplus or AIT DSP then the camera is also a fake.
Unfortunately, the DSP (on the original Mobius) is on the underside of the board so the whole board would have to be removed to take a peek :eek:
On your picture the LED hole looks a little bit larger than the original.
It's certainly not good news if the Mobius design has been copied. Who knows what cheap components are inside...
The color box is definitely NOT original :D

I didn't have the opportunity to open it up, as I said I'm no expert on the Mobius, just whatever info I pick up here is what I had to go off, it didn't have the warranty sticker on the casing, the finish looked different (almost black in colour, I thought the real ones were more of a dark grey but I could be wrong not having seen a real one), it also slipped on and off the bracket quite easily which seems to go against what I've read before about the bracket being so solid, those things combined with the comments from the seller raised my suspicions

Anyway just mentioning it for anyone that is in the market, buy from the listed sellers and avoid any potential grief

Back