Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

just got my Mobius in the mail, set it up and working as a dashcam, just need to install.
but before I do, it has the 1.20 firmware on it, what should I do with this? upgrade to 2.18 or down to 0.59 for night performance or overall performance?? using it as a rear dash cam with 64GB card.

just got my Mobius in the mail, set it up and working as a dashcam, just need to install.
but before I do, it has the 1.20 firmware on it, what should I do with this? upgrade to 2.18 or down to 0.59 for night performance or overall performance?? using it as a rear dash cam with 64GB card.
Try both and make your judgement. If the night performance is good on v2.18, then enjoy all the advancements and upgrades.

Be warned that you may have card compatibility issues with your 64GB card if you use any firmware versions below v2.18. Firmware v2.18 uses updated low-level card access codes from the chip manufacturer.

daytime seems a lot better and cleaner and brighter on 2.18 than 1.20, will see about night time tonight.
but so far very happy with it, cant wait to get it mounted in back window.
video quality looks better than the blackspews

I was testing FW2.18 for few days and today I tried to edit some files in AVS Video Editor which I successfully used until now to edit Mobius MOV files, as well as other formats. However, this time I got an unpleasant surprise:
AVS error MOV FW2.18.jpg

At first I blamed Registrator Viewer which I updated recently (the files were fragments generated with RV), but then I tried with the original MOV files and got the same error message.
Just for testing I switched to AVI (non-standard format and cannot be edited without re-packaging or re-encoding), generated 2 clips and imported them into AVS. There were no errors, but AVS can't handle them correctly, there are problems with playing the imported clips and the produced file didn't have all transition/effects that I applied.

So... back to FW1.13 for me.

had to reset my Mobius just now, is this normal?? had it only a few days, bench testing it and it locked up, satt here with just a green light on solid, computer wouldn't recognize it either. not sure if it was because the card was full or what is going on but I deleted a few files off of the card and set it going again.
I have a Samsung evo 64GB card in it, the file system for the card is set to FAT32, loop recording ON, anyone know whats going on?? have I missed something??

I have had this Mobius running since my last post just above, just 2 hours ago it locked up again, orange light and red back led on constantly, computer wont recognize it, power button unresponsive, nothing working, had to press reset button again. it seems to be looping ok and deleting old files but locking up sometimes.
what is going on??

not yet, got one sitting here, will keep it running then try it if it locks up again.

32gb is going to be a lot more suitable, you may find other models of 64gb that are more reliable than what you've been using, it is possible but not all models work reliably

I have had this Mobius running since my last post just above, just 2 hours ago it locked up again, orange light and red back led on constantly, computer wont recognize it, power button unresponsive, nothing working, had to press reset button again. it seems to be looping ok and deleting old files but locking up sometimes.
what is going on??
Mine had something similar but was because it was a fake Sd card.

What firmware are you running?

Hi.
My Mobius records fine to a Class 2 card, but I cannot open and view video files it records on a Kingston Class 4 card. I did an on-camera format as directed in the manual. The card seems OK with read and write jobs on the PC. What should I do now?

32gb is going to be a lot more suitable, you may find other models of 64gb that are more reliable than what you've been using, it is possible but not all models work reliably
locked up again last night, trying 32gb card now.

Anyone here faced issues when using Android app via OTG cable to mobius?

When I try to connect it it says USB connection problem 305--1

I recently received my Mobius in the mail, and I've had issues using the Android app as well. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It would "sort of" connect, but not really. It would freeze my phone when trying to browse the contents of the microsd card, and the configuration app would only sometimes work. I thought it was my OTG cable at first, but it wasn't. It was the actual mini USB cable that CAME WITH the Mobius. I got my Mobius from eletoponline365, but the USB cable that came along with it was no good. I used another mini USB cable from some digital camera, and it works perfectly now.

Hi.
My Mobius records fine to a Class 2 card, but I cannot open and view video files it records on a Kingston Class 4 card. I did an on-camera format as directed in the manual. The card seems OK with read and write jobs on the PC. What should I do now?

Try using a different miniUSB cable. The one that came with my Mobius was crap. I have a Galaxy Note 3, and whenever I tried browsing the contents of the microSD card on my phone, it would either freeze my phone (when using the My Files app), or I wouldn't see the USB Mass Storage at all using other file browsing apps. Now I'm using a miniUSB cable from some old digital camera and it works fine.

Try using a different miniUSB cable. The one that came with my Mobius was crap. I have a Galaxy Note 3, and whenever I tried browsing the contents of the microSD card on my phone, it would either freeze my phone (when using the My Files app), or I wouldn't see the USB Mass Storage at all using other file browsing apps. Now I'm using a miniUSB cable from some old digital camera and it works fine.
I tried 2 different cables and a MicroSD to USB adapter. Windows can see, copy or delete the files. But I cannot play them back both in WinXP or Win7. At first try VLC gave "unknown undf format" or something like that. Now tries to play and just gives up.

I tried 2 different cables and a MicroSD to USB adapter. Windows can see, copy or delete the files. But I cannot play them back both in WinXP or Win7. At first try VLC gave "unknown undf format" or something like that. Now tries to play and just gives up.

which format are you using, MOV, MP4 or AVI?

have you tried any of the alternate formats?

tried another memory card?

Back