Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

So, how come those people who used sd card formatter got it to work with exfat?
Most likely because they didn't have loop recording enabled, or were just lucky.

Most likely because they didn't have loop recording enabled, or were just lucky.
What would be the advantage of choosing exFAT over FAT32? If the only advantage seems to be able to save files that are over 4GB in size, why would one want to use exFAT since the max file size of the recordings in 'loop' mode would never reach the 4GB limit of FAT32? Sure I understand one would use exFAT when using the Mobius as an action-cam, but to me it introduces more problems than it solves when used only as a dashcam.

someone tell me why this Is happening.
when I connect my Mobius to my computer it does not record, it acts as a removable drive. I plug it into a 240v/5v adaptor and it records as a dash cam.
why doesn't it record as a dash cam when its plugged into my computer??

twist is here:
I got one of these today https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271598248322 i plugged it into my computer and plugged the mobius into it, it sat on 5V and current draw 390ma and Mobius started recording and computer didn't recognize it as a removable drive. I then plugged it into my 240v/5v convertor and it was outputting 5V and Mobius was drawing 390ma and recording.

why is it recoding when its attached to my computer with the ebay device and is recognized by the computer as a removable drive and doesn't record plugged in directly??

The 5 pin USB cable you use with a Mobius has the ability to transmit data as well as power. When you connect the camera to a computer it is recognized as a removable drive with "data" because that's essentially what it is and it can communicate with the computer and vice versa. When you connect the Mobius to a power supply there is no communication because the battery or adapter is "dumb" and only transmits power to the camera. That is how the camera is designed to function.

Last edited:
ah, I get it, this adaptor is not as good as I thought it was, only measures power and must only throughput power. dumbass thing.

@wozzzzza please don't take this wrong or as I'm saying don't ask questions. The First 8 posts on this thread are the advanced users guide to the Mobius and should help

someone tell me why this Is happening.
when I connect my Mobius to my computer it does not record, it acts as a removable drive. I plug it into a 240v/5v adaptor and it records as a dash cam.
why doesn't it record as a dash cam when its plugged into my computer??

twist is here:
I got one of these today https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271598248322 i plugged it into my computer and plugged the mobius into it, it sat on 5V and current draw 390ma and Mobius started recording and computer didn't recognize it as a removable drive. I then plugged it into my 240v/5v convertor and it was outputting 5V and Mobius was drawing 390ma and recording.

why is it recoding when its attached to my computer with the ebay device and is recognized by the computer as a removable drive and doesn't record plugged in directly??
You can make the camera record automatically when connecting to a PC if you use a cable to the mini USB socket which only has two wires, +5V and ground (Pin #1 and #5). Or you can simply cut the data wires (probably blue and white). However, you should treat this as a test environment. Standard USB doesn't supply enough current to charge the battery and record at the same time. It will most likely work, but you run the risk of destroying the battery and possibly the camera if you do this often or the battery isn't fully charged. It's important that any external power supply can supply 1A current. USB is specified as max. 500mA total for all connections to the same port. A single port may have more than 1 connectors.

I have read the manual, I know about the data stuff, just confused me when I hooked to comp and it recorded, I thought that it was the lack of current that stopped it recording but didn't realize that the thing I was using now doesn't throughput the data connections that makes it record. so yeah I understand it all now, I thought this current measuring thing just was a straight through thing but it isn't.

Hardware Update
A new updated hardware version of the Mobius (V3) and a couple of additional hardware features have been announced in RCGroups.
For dashcam users I can imagine the 5 volt overload protection could prevent a few cameras from going up in smoke. It may also lead to more questions: "Hey my camera doesn't charge", or "Hey my camera doesn't auto-start recording".
I'll add these questions to the FAQ the next time I update the manual.
As has been previously posted, the case has also been slightly modified and contains a small light pipe which makes it easier to see the main LEDs.
For me, I find the new 820mAH battery the most exciting news. It's now possible to record for over 2 hours without using external power.
It will most likely take a while until all vendors stock the new model so if you really want the new hardware you'll have to specifically ask if it is stocked.
It is not possible to identify the V3 model without opening the case. A new case design does not not necessarily mean the mainboard is also the latest model. Also, the high capacity battery will cost ~$1 more so most likely doesn't come as standard. This may, however, change in the future. The motherboard is constantly undergoing small changes, but this is the first major upgrade for a long time.
The hardware revision is located under the lens ribbon cable. I do not recommend removing the lens module to find the revision date! Most other models have the revision date etched in more visible places.
All HW revisions produced from 2014-08-19 will have the voltage protection circuitry installed.

Mobius_V3.jpg

From that RC Forum Link Isoprop posted:

"Optional Battery Available: An 820 mAH battery is now available, which fits in the standard Mobius case and will boost the normal recording time (in default 1080p mode with normal data rate) by about 60% to approximately 130 min . Charging, of course will take proportionally longer. The V3 circuit board has a higher battery charge current than the V1 and V2 boards, and will recharge the new battery in about 3 hours, whereas the earlier circuit boards will take about 5+ hours for a full re-charge. The new battery weighs about 5 gms more than the 520 mAH original battery, and will cost about $1 more. The original battery will continue to be sold, but you may need to specify what you want if it's not specified in the product description."

Looks like they are compatible.

Hi. Today I checked the nigth videos from my rear mounted B lens Mobius with 2.10 firmware. I have noticed a lot of flickering so I updated to the latest firmware. Could anyone tell me which is the firmware with the less amount of flickering? Thank you.

since I put the capacitor in my cam, I have been testing it for a couple of days I have an issue I don't know how to solve.
first time I powered it up after putting capacitor in it didn't start recording like it should, I plugged into computer set parameters and it started recording ok after power connection.
left it 24 hours unplugged, plugged it in now and same thing, it didn't record, just the greenlight came on for about a minute and went off, never started recording until I pressed the power button.
what gives here??

Can't wait for the new battery to come out. Any ETA when that might be?

Things (small ring and a lens) are falling out of my front mobius lens... I didn't touch anything there and it just fell out all of a sudden. This is the 2nd time, first time I heard it but didn't see it... must be something small, what to do?

Can't wait for the new battery to come out. Any ETA when that might be?
The new battery is already available, but I expect it will be a while until all the vendors have it in stock. Maybe drop your favorite vendor an email or ask eletoponline365 or digitalele889. The last two sellers are at the 'source' so will most likely have them before the other vendors unless they are already out of stock.

Confirmed, I formatted my using SD card formatter with full overwrite and exFat and works flawlessly

64GB Sandisk

PS: I do not recommend sand disk b/c it has a lot of fake versions

Not sure if dumb or blind, tried googling this and came up empty handed.
When a file is locked, on my Macbook it would show the file as locked (locked by pressing M button on mobius during a recording).
On windows (got rid of my mac) I don't see the lock file being displayed as locked. Is there any way in windows to see which files are locked?

Not sure if dumb or blind, tried googling this and came up empty handed.
When a file is locked, on my Macbook it would show the file as locked (locked by pressing M button on mobius during a recording).
On windows (got rid of my mac) I don't see the lock file being displayed as locked. Is there any way in windows to see which files are locked?

Change the folder view to "Details".
Right click on an empty space > "Sort by" > "More".
Check "Attribute".

A new column will appear. "RA" means the file is read-only or "locked".

Right click on an empty space > "Sort by" > "More".
Check "Attribute".

A new column will appear. "RA" means the file is read-only or "locked".
OR, one mouse click less: :)
Right click on one of the column headings (Name, Date modified, etc.), then click "More...".
Check "Attribute".
While you're at it, I would also check "Length" which will show the length of each clip in hours, minutes and seconds.

Not very intuitive, so it doesn't surprise me that the original poster had trouble finding out how to do it.

Back