Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

so i searched for the answer to this, and nothing was exactly like it I found, the close was dirty contacts or improper format of the card but it had different symptoms. Ontop of that, my mobius does eventually record.

I got a new mobius and twice now when I start my car it does not turn on automatically (my old mobius turned on every time).

One time, I was able to push the power button after I noticed and it started up and recorded right away. The second time, it did not. It would just turn on, have 3 red LED blinks in the back and it would turn off. After awhile, it eventually worked. . . im thinking it might be cold but that does not make since because it is not very cold out and my old mobius in colder weather did not have this issue.

Once it does fire up. if I turn my car off then back on, it fires up and records as expected.

anyone experience this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Change the folder view to "Details".
Right click on an empty space > "Sort by" > "More".
Check "Attribute".

A new column will appear. "RA" means the file is read-only or "locked".
This worked for me, thanks

just got same thing again, plugged in the cam after sitting for 2 days and it wouldn't start up just a green light came on for 10 seconds then went out then that's it, dead, nothing happening. unplugged and plugged in again and it started recording. set to start auto record when plugged in only. no other buttons have been pressed in the 2 days.

just got same thing again, plugged in the cam after sitting for 2 days and it wouldn't start up just a green light came on for 10 seconds then went out then that's it, dead, nothing happening. unplugged and plugged in again and it started recording. set to start auto record when plugged in only. no other buttons have been pressed in the 2 days.
What mobius do you have? Is the I indication light a slit, or round? The one that lights up green.
What fw are you using?

My old mobius with the circle indicator does not have an issue starting.. my new one with a slit has issues starting. Like you, it acts like it's dead then somehow works again

Nope - just go through post 5 of this thread and it will tell you how to refocus the camera - it looks like it's been knocked out but is easily fixable.

ok in that case then should check the focus, looks to be a lot of noise in the second pic but you can get the same effect from a poorly focussed lens

You didn't think it worth mentioning this in Post 825?

o_O

That could be a good bit of info! :D

VITAL. like going into the doctor after you collapsed and nearly died and forgot to tell him you overdosed on methamphetamines while he is sitting there wondering what the hell is going on with you and what is wrong with you.

Thanks everyone, tested and it all worked out

zhjlaOX.jpg

What mobius do you have? Is the I indication light a slit, or round? The one that lights up green.
What fw are you using?

My old mobius with the circle indicator does not have an issue starting.. my new one with a slit has issues starting. Like you, it acts like it's dead then somehow works again
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, slittly oval top light pin hole rear light, running V2.18 with super capacitor.
left it for 2 days unplugged and wont start again. the date and time are still correct after I unplugged it and plugged it in again so it hasn't totally lost charge.
here are the screen shots of settings.

Attachments

• advanced image settings.jpg
    advanced image settings.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 22
  • basic settings.jpg
    basic settings.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 23
  • misc settings.jpg
    misc settings.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 22
  • mode 1 and 2.jpg
    mode 1 and 2.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 20
  • photo mode.jpg
    photo mode.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 16
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, slittly oval top light pin hole rear light, running V2.18 with super capacitor.
left it for 2 days unplugged and wont start again. the date and time are still correct after I unplugged it and plugged it in again so it hasn't totally lost charge.
Our settings are pretty different. i cant see it being a setting issue though? could it...

i switched from battery to capacitor in my new mobius...it fired up no problem, so far. I will post back with it it fails again

Files corrupted. Help.
Received my Mobius from Electoponline 365 2 days ago.
Charged unit for about 1 1/2 hours until green light goes out. Insert 32 gb Kingston class 10 micro SD card. Play with the buttons a bit and connect to PC (Window 7) to configure with msetup including card format. Mount in car for a day and a half. Unit works OK. Red led blinks as recording. Download files to PC, 39 files.
2 files before I did the configure work OK.
The rest cannot be played. Tried Quicktime, Realplayer, DIVX and windows media player. All says files not recognized or corrupted.
Any idea what the problem could be? USB cable is from my Sony camera.

Files corrupted. Help.
Received my Mobius from Electoponline 365 2 days ago.
Charged unit for about 1 1/2 hours until green light goes out. Insert 32 gb Kingston class 10 micro SD card. Play with the buttons a bit and connect to PC (Window 7) to configure with msetup including card format. Mount in car for a day and a half. Unit works OK. Red led blinks as recording. Download files to PC, 39 files.
2 files before I did the configure work OK.
The rest cannot be played. Tried Quicktime, Realplayer, DIVX and windows media player. All says files not recognized or corrupted.
Any idea what the problem could be? USB cable is from my Sony camera.
What firmware version is installed? I hope v2.18 which is the most compatible - card-wise.
You should also try VLC Media Player, although I doubt the player is your problem.
Almost certainly you have a card problem and the card could well be a fake. Format the card and then test it with h2testw. If the program shows errors (not warnings) then your card is a fake.
You should also avoid class 10 cards if possible because these could be problematic, but your problems really sounds as if your card is a fake. If you bought your card from eletoponline365 it will be genuine.

Isoprop,
Thanks for the quick reply.
It is indeed the card. Replaced it with a 4 gb from my wife's tablet, drove around, download to my PC, got 6 files and all played as it should.
Firmware is not v.2.18. Will upgrade when I'm more familiar to what I'm doing.
Great unit, beautiful clips.
Thanks again.

The problem with my Mobius as dashcam got worse and worse... I'm still running the latest firmware, tried multiple cards, et cetera.
Power On - Auto Record and Power Off - Disconnect is enabled.
The cam is only saving small video files of 1 second when disconnecting. And unfortunately the previous recorded part is gone.
When I press manualy the on/off button it does store the recorded data.

mobius_zpsd65a8370.jpg~original

Anyone have any idea?

The problem with my Mobius as dashcam got worse and worse... I'm still running the latest firmware, tried multiple cards, et cetera.
Power On - Auto Record and Power Off - Disconnect is enabled.
The cam is only saving small video files of 1 second when disconnecting. And unfortunately the previous recorded part is gone.
When I press manualy the on/off button it does store the recorded data.

mobius_zpsd65a8370.jpg~original

Anyone have any idea?

Probably has to do with your settings.

Post em up

These are my settings.
Here you can see it in mSetup: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll256/Kees_B/mobiussettings_zpsbec97cbe.jpg

I'm using a 32GB Class10 and a 4GB Class6 both formatted with the In-Camera Format function of mSetup.
Both card the same issue... When I bought the cam everything worked fine.

Code:
Date format=[1];set date format,0:YYYY/MM/DD, 1:DD/MM/YYYY, 2:MM/DD/YYYY
Date time=[11/11/2014-22:06:02];date time setting,yyyy/mm/dd-hh:mm:ss,dd/mm/yyyy-hh:mm:ss,or mm/dd/yyyy-hh:mm:ss

Default Mode=[0];set power-on default mode,0:Video Mode 1,1:Video Mode 2,2:Photo Mode

VIDEO MODE 1
Movie Resolution=[0];0:1080p(Wide AOV),1:1080p(Narrow AOV),2:720p(Wide AOV),3:720p(Narrow AOV),4:WVGA (Wide AOV), 5:WVGA (Narrow AOV),
Movie Frame Rate=[3];1:60fps (only for wvga and 720p Narrow AOV),2:50fps (only for wvga and 720p Narrow AOV),3:30fps,4:25 fps,5:20 fps,6:15 fps,7:10 fps,8:5 fps,
Movie Time Lapse Record=[0];0:off,1:0.25s,2:0.5s,3:1s,4:2s,5:5s,6:10s,7:30s,8:Custom
Movie Time Lapse Record Customized Value=[1]    ; in minutes, values from 1 to 1440 (1 day)
Movie Sound=[1];set movie sound,0:Mute,1:On,
Movie Cycle time=[1];movie cycle time,0:3 minutes,1:5 minutes,2:10 minutes,3:15 minutes,4:max to 4G byte,
Movie Loop Recording=[1];set loop recording on or off,0:off,1:on,
Movie Flip=[1];set movie rotate,0:off,1:on,
Movie Time stamp=[1];set date/time stamp on or off,0:off,1:on,
Movie quality=[1];set movie quality,set movie data rate,0:Super,1:Standard,2:Low,
Movie high dynamic range=[0];set movie high dynamic range,0:off,1:on,2:Enhanced Brightness,
Movie file format=[0];set movie file format,0:MOV,1:AVI,2:MP4,3:WAV (Sound Only)

VIDEO MODE 2
Movie Resolution=[3];0:1080p(Wide AOV),1:1080p(Narrow AOV),2:720p(Wide AOV),3:720p(Narrow AOV),4:WVGA (Wide AOV), 5:WVGA (Narrow AOV),
Movie Frame Rate=[1];1:60fps (only for wvga and 720p Narrow AOV),2:50fps (only for wvga and 720p Narrow AOV),3:30fps,4:25 fps,5:20 fps,6:15 fps,7:10 fps,8:5 fps,
Movie Time Lapse Record=[0];0:off,1:0.25s,2:0.5s,3:1s,4:2s,5:5s,6:10s,7:30s,8:Custom
Movie Time Lapse Record Customized Value=[1]    ; in minutes, values from  1 to 1440 (1 day)
Movie Sound=[1];set movie sound,0:Mute,1:On,
Movie Cycle time=[0];movie cycle time,0:3 minutes,1:5 minutes,2:10 minutes,3:15 minutes,4:max to 4G byte,
Movie Loop Recording=[1];set loop recording on or off,0:off,1:on,
Movie Flip=[1];set movie rotate,0:off,1:on,
Movie Time stamp=[1];set date/time stamp on or off,0:off,1:on,
Movie quality=[0];set movie quality,set movie data rate,0:Super,1:Standard,2:Low,
Movie high dynamic range=[0];set movie high dynamic range,0:off,1:on,2:Enhanced Brightness,
Movie file format=[0];set movie file format,0:MOV,1:AVI,2:MP4,3:WAV (Sound Only)

PHOTO MODE
Photo Mode Capture Size=[0];set photo size,0:2304x1536,1:1920x1080,2:1280x720,3:848x480
Photo Set Time Lapse Shooting=[0],0:off,1:0.25s,2:0.5s,3:1s,4:2s,5:5s,6:10s,7:30s,8:Custom
Photo Time Lapse Shooting Customized Value=[10]   ; in minutes, values from 1 to 43,200 (30 days)
When time lapse shooting set to 5Min or above, Mobius will work in power saving mode (auto turns on/off).
Photo Flip=[1];set Photo rotate,0:off,1:flip on
Photo Time stamp=[0];set date/time stamp on or off,0:off,1:on,

Power on=[1];set system  power on time,0:delay,1:fast
Power off=[1];set system auto power off time when system pending,0:off,1:30 seconds,2:1 minutes,3:2 minutes,
Auto Record with External Power=[1];set connect with power to start video recording automatically,0:off,1:on,
One Power Button to Auto Record=[1];set press power key to start video recording automatically,0:off,1:on,
Auto Off with External Power disconnected=[0],0:Immediately,1:delay 10s;2:record to low battery power off,
LED=[1];set LED flicker when recording,0:off,1:on,
Charge from USB Host=[0]; when connecting with USB host, charge camera or not,0:on,1:off
Lens option =[0];select lens,0:lens A,1:lens B
Light frequency =[0];set light source frequency,0:50 HZ,1:60 HZ
Web camera mode =[0];set web camera mode,0:USB video class(Mjpg codec),1:USB video and audio class(H.264 codec)
Web camera Flip=[0];set web camera rotate,0:off,1:flip on

TV out=[0];set Tv out,0:NTSC,1:PAL,
TV Display Ratio=[0];set display ratio,0:4*3,1:16*9
TF card format filesystem=[0];format TF card to FAT32 or exFAT,0:FAT32,1:exFAT

Motion Detect=[0];set motion detect,0:off,1:on
Motion Detect Timeout=[2];set motion detect timeout,0:5s,1:15s,2:30s,3:60s
Motion Detect Sensitivity=[1];set motion detect Sensitivity,0:high,1:nomal,2:low

White Balance=[0];Set White Balance,0:Auto,1:Sunny,2:Cloudy,3:Tungsten,4:Fluorescent,5:Custom WB1,6:Custom WB2,7:Custom WB3
Sunny(5000-6500K) used for sunny with clear sky(Rgain=301,Ggain=256,Bgain=368);
Cloudy(9000-10000K) used for shade or heavily overcast sky(Rgain=301,Ggain=256,Bgain=384);
Tungsten(2500-3500K) used for Tungsten bulb (or called Incandescent light)(Rgain=184,Ggain=256,Bgain=711);
Fluorescent(4000-5000K) used for fluorescent lamps(Rgain=333,Ggain=256,Bgain=525);
Customized White Balance 1 Red Gain=[333],Green Gain=[256],Blue Gain=[525];
Customized White Balance 2 Red Gain=[333],Green Gain=[256],Blue Gain=[525];
Customized White Balance 3 Red Gain=[000],Green Gain=[000],Blue Gain=[000];
Set red ,green,blue gain,256 is 1x gain,value from 100 to 999;

Color Effect=[0];Set Color Effect,0:Standard,1:Mono,2:Sepia,3:Cool,4:Cooler,5:Warm,6:Warmer,7:Vivid
Exposure Value= [0] ;Exposure compensation,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,
Contrast= [0]  ;Set Contrast,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,
Saturation= [0]  ;Set Image Saturation,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,
Sharpness= [0]  ;Set Image Sharpness,values from -128 to +128,In 1 increments,default value is 0,

{TLCAM MOV:TLCAM Mobius ActionCam 2014/09/17 v2.18}
{LDTLCAM,v003}

Might have to do with your wiring or cable as it works manually.

anyone got any answers to this?? its a continuing problem I have that I don't know how to solve. it has happened again, left for 2 days, turn on and it wont record automatically. I have to power cycle it to make it record.

anyone got any answers to this?? its a continuing problem I have that I don't know how to solve. it has happened again, left for 2 days, turn on and it wont record automatically. I have to power cycle it to make it record.

I don't recall everything you've written about this. Are you referring to how it reacts to your wired power supply when you start the car? Does it start recording when connected to a USB wall plug adapter or phone or tablet charger or battery power bank?

Back