Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Dang it, my camera is now all blurry it seems as if cannot auto focus.

Before

9Z7r0V7.jpg

After

0CDnzz1.jpg

Any ideas how to fix it?

Maybe the focus has been knocked if it's been cleaned or something?

Might be worth checking this post in this thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
how long had the camera been running for in the first pic and how long running in the second?

For like 4 weeks then this starts happening.

I just opened to check it out and it all looks good from inside

PS: Could it be my windshield?

Nope - just go through post 5 of this thread and it will tell you how to refocus the camera - it looks like it's been knocked out but is easily fixable.

I meant how long had it been recording for in each case, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour etc?

If you are asking settings it is 5 minutes.

For each time I record is for 30 minutes

Yes, I think it started happening since it fell off my dash
That's good info - just connect it up to your PC in webcam mode and refocus and it should be as good as new - sometimes even better :)

o_O

That could be a good bit of info! :D
VITAL. like going into the doctor after you collapsed and nearly died and forgot to tell him you overdosed on methamphetamines while he is sitting there wondering what the hell is going on with you and what is wrong with you.

o_O

That could be a good bit of info! :D

Well, it worked well on a well lit room

Maybe the focus has been knocked if it's been cleaned or something?

Might be worth checking this post in this thread:

You mean #4?

Nevermind.

It gonna be hard without the webcam cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good info - just connect it up to your PC in webcam mode and refocus and it should be as good as new - sometimes even better :)
How do you turn it into a webcam? The manual is not very helpful

tia

Remove the sd card - plug into computer - start web cam software - yawcam works well

How do you turn it into a webcam? The manual is not very helpful

tia
Could you please tell us why you don't find the manual very helpful. Maybe it could be improved?
Taken directly from the manual:

Webcam Mode
There are two ways in which you can enter webcam mode.
Method 1:

• Connect the camera as a removable drive (see above).
  • Press the Shutter button to enter webcam mode.
  • ► If this is the first time you have connected the camera in WebCam mode, Windows will automatically install the required drivers.
  • ► Disconnect the camera or press the Power button to exit webcam mode.
Method 2:
  • Remove the flash memory card.
  • Connect the camera to the PC using a standard USB cable.
  • The yellow LED will blink at 2 second intervals indicating there is no card inserted. This is normal.
  • ► If this is the first time you have connected the camera in WebCam mode, Windows will automatically install the required drivers.
  • The camera is now in Webcam mode.
  • Start your favorite WebCam software, such as AMCap. If your screen is black, the software is not configured correctly. Make sure the program shows the "USB PC camera" as the "device" selected for video capture. If this option does not show in the "device" option list, restart the webcam program and check again.
  • Disconnect the camera or press the Power button to exit webcam mode.
►Note: Windows XP has an integrated WebCam viewer. Your Mobius should be visible in Explorer (My Computer) as a "USB Video Device". This functionality does not exist in Windows 7.

Could you please tell us why you don't find the manual very helpful. Maybe it could be improved?
Taken directly from the manual:

Webcam Mode
There are two ways in which you can enter webcam mode.
Method 1:

• Connect the camera as a removable drive (see above).
  • Press the Shutter button to enter webcam mode.
  • ► Disconnect the camera or press the Power button to exit webcam mode.
Method 2:
  • Remove the flash memory card.
  • Connect the camera to the PC using a standard USB cable.
  • The yellow LED will blink at 2 second intervals indicating there is no card inserted. This is normal.
  • The camera is now in Webcam mode.
  • Start your favorite WebCam software, such as AMCap. If your screen is black, the software is not configured correctly. Make sure the program shows the "USB PC camera" as the "device" selected for video capture. If this option does not show in the "device" option list, restart the webcam program and check again.
  • Disconnect the camera or press the Power button to exit webcam mode.
►Note: Windows XP has an integrated WebCam viewer. Your Mobius should be visible in Explorer (My Computer) as a "USB Video Device". This functionality does not exist in Windows 7.

I was reading through the whole thing and stumble upon this first

"
A/V-out (or Video-Out) requires a special cable where pin #4 is shorted to pin #5
(ground). When the firmware detects pin #4 connected to ground it will output the video
signal on pin #2 and the audio signal on pin #3. Special cables can be ordered from the
supplier in the form of a harness or you can make one yourself using a 5-pin mini USB
plug. You can also modify a Smartphone OTG (On The Go) cable which already has
pins #4 and #5 shorted in the mini USB plug. The audio signal is only available"

Useless?

---- UPDATE

Ok, so I focused the lense I will test this tonight.

Thanks everyone who helped

Last edited:
Could you please tell me if sharpness or clarity of these videos are normal? I almost cannot read any plates at night on a badly lit street. Daytime, I can only read the plate of the car right next to me. Plates two lanes right or left are illegible. Maximum resolution, wide angle lens, .mov recording format... I clipped the raw videos without re-rendering. I hope this is the right topic to ask.
http://www.ulozto.net/xhmaXzrR/day-mov
http://ulozto.net/xn7pFyny/night-mov

Back