Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Hello everybody ! Thank you all for your altruism and time spent for our edifications ! I was very happy till now with my two Mobius , but suddenly one doesn't work (after many hours of recordings in ten months ) : rapid flashing yellow led 6-7 sec and stop . Another try with 10 sec of good recording and suddenly stop ! I use original Kingston 32 GB 4class , the battery charging is well ,firmware as original . I have tried with the microSD card from my second Mobius (that works without problems) - same Kingston type -but Mobius failed in same manner ! What would be the reason ? Thank you in advance !

I don't recall everything you've written about this. Are you referring to how it reacts to your wired power supply when you start the car? Does it start recording when connected to a USB wall plug adapter or phone or tablet charger or battery power bank?
haven't made it past bench testing yet, so not in car, this is on the bench this is happening, using 1.5A USB power supply.

haven't made it past bench testing yet, so not in car, this is on the bench this is happening, using 1.5A USB power supply.

mine acted up like that a few months ago...i ended up pressing all the buttons on top a few times. eventually it started working perfectly again. perhaps dirty contacts or a sticking button?

Hello again ! I get back with my wish , about a possible solution for my Mobius failure.. I make a request to Isoprop or Jokiin - if they have a little time - for my question . My Mobius , discontinuous ( I mean between longer or shorter recordings ) has periods of nonworking : after pressing power button (blue , followed by continuous yellow ) , press shutter button -----> rapid blinking of yellow for 5-6 seconds , following a few red ones , yellow again continuous for 2-3 sec and stop . I have learned a lot from this excellent forum about the ,,claims'' Mobius has to have for a proper functioning ( Kingston 32Gb 4 class , Min 1 A charging device , good cables , etc ) . I did not make any update of the original firmware ( 10 months ago ) . The battery charging and the levels of charging seems to be OK . I have another Mobius with an original Kingston microsd 32 gb from same seller ( apropos -eletoponline 365 is a very professional and prompt seller ) , I have tried with this one , but same result.. Thank you in advance for your time .

Hello again ! I get back with my wish , about a possible solution for my Mobius failure.. I make a request to Isoprop or Jokiin - if they have a little time - for my question . My Mobius , discontinuous ( I mean between longer or shorter recordings ) has periods of nonworking : after pressing power button (blue , followed by continuous yellow ) , press shutter button -----> rapid blinking of yellow for 5-6 seconds , following a few red ones , yellow again continuous for 2-3 sec and stop . I have learned a lot from this excellent forum about the ,,claims'' Mobius has to have for a proper functioning ( Kingston 32Gb 4 class , Min 1 A charging device , good cables , etc ) . I did not make any update of the original firmware ( 10 months ago ) . The battery charging and the levels of charging seems to be OK . I have another Mobius with an original Kingston microsd 32 gb from same seller ( apropos -eletoponline 365 is a very professional and prompt seller ) , I have tried with this one , but same result.. Thank you in advance for your time .
It sounds card related. Did you format your card in the camera using the GUI? Have you tried the other card? I would test your card using h2test.exe just be sure. I pulled this off of Isoprops Mobius user guide

Q. When I turn the camera on the blue LED turns on and then off and is followed by a short yellow flash which is immediately followed by 15* red or yellow flashes and then 32* very fast red or yellow flashes. The camera then turns off.

*The flashes are either red or yellow, depending on what firmware version is running. There are 3 red flashes at the end of the sequence which may be visible or not visible. A. There is no SD card inserted or the card is full or not formatted correctly or the card contacts are dirty. Format the card or use another card.

Thank you very much for your reply ,GJHS ! I think that the proof the card is not the fault is the fact that I use another microsd card (Kingston 32 Gb 4 class , from eletoponline 365 ) from my second Mobius (works OK ) that didn't work in the faulty Mobius ! I have read the user guide , but I find only card reasons as you have pointed out too !

Thank you very much for your reply ,GJHS ! I think that the proof the card is not the fault is the fact that I use another microsd card (Kingston 32 Gb 4 class , from eletoponline 365 ) from my second Mobius (works OK ) that didn't work in the faulty Mobius ! I have read the user guide , but I find only card reasons as you have pointed out too !
Yes, your problems are almost definitely card-related but could also indicate a faulty contact between the card and the card holder or even a bad solder joint between the card holder and the mainboard. If you have a good magnifying glass and bright light you could check the contacts inside the card holder. If you decide to prod inside, don't use anything made of metal and be very, very gentle. Don't prod anything at the side where the card latches (side facing the center) or you could easily damage the extremely fragile latch mechanism. I can only advise prodding as a last resort! There may be dirt or foreign matter inside the card holder. If you have access to compressed air it may be worthwhile blowing very low-pressure air into the slot. Do not use high pressure. I would think 2 Bar (30 PSI) would be more than enough, maybe less pressure would be better to start with. Another idea would be to squirt a little isopropyl alcohol into the holder and then insert/eject the card a few times in order to clean the contacts.Don't use other liquids. Make sure the camera is turned off when you do this and preferably disconnect the battery.
When looking at the card holder from the top (solder pads facing upwards) and from the rear (where the card is inserted) the leftmost contact near the edge of the board is the detect pin. Maybe it's worth special attention.
I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions except I would definitely first update your firmware to v2.18 before attempting anything else. Who knows, your card may work perfectly after a firmware update!

Thank you too, Isoprop . I will follow your advice with firmware update , but how could I make that if the Mobius doesn't work ? (it will shut down after 10 sec )

Bad news ! Now the Mobius doesn't charge anymore ! No lights ! I think it has suffered a mechanical shock in the near past , with some physical damage , with intermittent functioning till now , and now suddenly nonresponding !

Hello Jokiin . The camera has a battery with signs of good working till now (recording time withoue external power aprox 60-70 min , 1-2-3 blinking reds proportional with the charging level , green led lasts 1 an a half hour at the wall charging and then stop etc ) . Few moments ago has appeared another ,,symptom ,, : when I put the charging cable , it appears one blue led followed by one green and then stops...

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, slittly oval top light pin hole rear light, running V2.18 with super capacitor.
left it for 2 days unplugged and wont start again. the date and time are still correct after I unplugged it and plugged it in again so it hasn't totally lost charge.
here are the screen shots of settings.
just got same thing again, plugged in the cam after sitting for 2 days and it wouldn't start up just a green light came on for 10 seconds then went out then that's it, dead, nothing happening. unplugged and plugged in again and it started recording. set to start auto record when plugged in only. no other buttons have been pressed in the 2 days.
anyone got any answers to this?? its a continuing problem I have that I don't know how to solve. it has happened again, left for 2 days, turn on and it wont record automatically. I have to power cycle it to make it record.
still happening, very consistently, leave 2 days then power up it doesn't record. Isoprop, can you reply to my problem with your thoughts on this, the camera wont start recording again until the capacitor has reached full charge. then when you power cycle it starts recording straight away. is this normal or not? if not how to fix?? all my settings are on the previous page.

Came across this short video of the Mobius V3 improvements. The Mobius team making continual improvements on the hardware and software side as @Isoprop pointed out

still happening, very consistently, leave 2 days then power up it doesn't record. Isoprop, can you reply to my problem with your thoughts on this, the camera wont start recording again until the capacitor has reached full charge. then when you power cycle it starts recording straight away. is this normal or not? if not how to fix?? all my settings are on the previous page.
25 hours this time, just plugged it in and didn't work, just green light came on for 10 seconds then went off again and nothing. had to power cycle to get it recording. date and time are still correct.
Whats the issue? how to fix??

Last edited:
I am about to jump off a bridge with the frustrations I've had getting the mobius cam to auto-record. I just bought one, charge it overnight, updated the firmware to 2.18 and set my Power On - Autorecord to both. The camera will not auto-record whether I plug it in either of my 2 cars, wall socket (tried 3 different external chargers), or my computer. It will record if I manually do it, but what good is that as a dashcam if I can't use all of the features. I've checked to make sure that I had the autorecord on probably 50 times now and reviewed some of the other posts about this. I can not find anything that explains what I am having issues with. I read the posts about a drop in voltage as a cause, but I've tried this with 3 external charges. The dashcam stays in a standby mode. Any ideas?

post screen shots of ya setup like I did on the last page.. im still trying to figure out the same issue but only after a day or 2 of sitting there without power.

@wozzzzza have you tried reinstalling the battery and seeing how it runs?

runs perfectly on the battery. just capacitor.

Back