Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

False alert. The videos were saved but the date was lost (stored with xx.01.2012) that's the reason I couldn't find them. :D

Did you set your shut down settings to immediate? 10 seconds does not work for you when using a super capacitor. You will lose your date settings if your shut down time is not set correctly. At least that is what I keep reading on here.

Yep, shut down is set to immediate.

The thing is that for ~9-10 days the camera was not used so that must be reason the date was reset. Also, I just formated the sdcard, as it's recommended once in a while.

Compare these 2 videos. Is it possible for the firmware to include this 0.3 correction? That would give much better video quality from the sd card if it is possible. The "fixed" video looks so much more lifelike and realistic.

Here is the original.

"The lens correction is made with a plugin called Alex4D Wide Angle Fix in Final Cut (mac program) and the correction amount is 0.3" (from the authors comment on the this fixed version of the video) Here is the web address for the free plugin. I have windows meaning I can not use it. :( http://www.alex4d.com/7-alex4d-wide-angle-fix-effect

Last edited:
I am looking forward to see this comparison! Buna treaba!

Tracking info states that my parcel just arrived at the post office in my town, so by the end of the week I'll publish a B vs C dash cam video.
Tonight I got a little surprise from Banggood... :)
Even though I placed the order on the main site (Mobius C was not listed on EU site) and the warehouse was CN, I got my parcel through normal postal service/courier at my home, not at the customs office as for other non-EU shipments (banggood included). The label says it was shipped from Netherlands on 08.02.2015, my order was placed on 03.02.2015.
The Mobius looks like the v3 HW with the light pipe for the main LEDs, I didn't open it yet to check the battery. It has the standard QA sticker on the front and FW1.20 (!?) loaded with A lens selected. Of course I updated the FW to 2.33 (I no longer have video editing software restrictions ;) ) and I'm ready to shoot some comparison dashcam videos with B and C lens. If anybody wants an A vs C comparison let me know...
By tomorrow evening (EET) I should have both a daytime and a nighttime comparison.

Would love to see the difference. Pl. post some day and night clips. Thanks.

@horaceCJ I would like to see some footage/screen caps of the C lens in 1080 narrow mode if its not too much trouble.

0:05 - horizontal comparison B wide vs C narrow
1:14 - vertical comparison B wide vs C narrow
2:26 - horizontal comparison B wide vs C wide
3:35 - vertical comparison B wide vs C wide
4:46 - comparison of C narrow and wide static stills

PS: :)
2015-02-18 16.08.08.jpg

Last edited:
Horace, thank you for uploading the video.

At 1:08 the sun glare is removed. We can see the difference in FOV. The B lens wide seems to be wider than the C lens narrow. At 1:28-1:29 we have 2 buses filling up enough of the screen to potentially see curvature. It does not look to be an issue with either lens at the settings here. The light poles bend slightly but not badly.

At 1:36-1:38 we can see a slight difference in color. This is obvious from the stripes on the van and the color of the blue car behind it. This may be a difference in firmware settings.At 1:39 a car parked by the orange thing hanging on the light pole also looks to be 2 different colors.

From 1:44 to 2:00 the B lens seems to have a lot more glare in dappled shade.

At 2:07 the sign on the light pole looks to be clearer on the C lens.

At 2:41-2:43 and 3:06 it appears the B lens has better reading capability. However, we also have reflection issues because of the dash. It may be more of a problem with reflection instead of lenses.

At 3:46 we can see the difference in FOV by looking at the stop sign and the black car. At 3:59-4:00 we can see more curvature from the c lens as the truck leaves the scene. 4:07 shows this much more clearly when a bus fills the entire scene. The bus surely has a curvy roof when using a C lens in wide mode.

I am impressed. The C lens has some extra curvature which can be removed with a video editing program. Other than that issue it looks to be a better option for dash cam use unless you want to capture license plates. Perhaps using the A lens is best for trying to capture license plates at least during the day.

I had been thinking that buying a mobius with the B lens was the way to go. The night video was superior to the A lens. Also, the extra FOV was a plus. After watching this video I see no reason to buy a B lens for day use. Hopefully the C lens night footage will be equally comparable.

Thanks so much for this video comparison @horaceCJ! I have a new C lens Mobius on its way and your video certainly confirms my decision to add it to my "fleet".

Tonight I got a little surprise from Banggood... :)
Even though I placed the order on the main site (Mobius C was not listed on EU site) and the warehouse was CN, I got my parcel through normal postal service/courier at my home, not at the customs office as for other non-EU shipments (banggood included). The label says it was shipped from Netherlands on 08.02.2015, my order was placed on 03.02.2015.
The Mobius looks like the v3 HW with the light pipe for the main LEDs, I didn't open it yet to check the battery. It has the standard QA sticker on the front and FW1.20 (!?) loaded with A lens selected. Of course I updated the FW to 2.33 (I no longer have video editing software restrictions ;) ) and I'm ready to shoot some comparison dashcam videos with B and C lens. If anybody wants an A vs C comparison let me know...
By tomorrow evening (EET) I should have both a daytime and a nighttime comparison.
A vs. B would be interesting. Thanks :)

@horaceCJ thanks for the comparison and the still shots.

And it appears you have good taste in music :D

I forgot to say that both cameras were set to the corresponding lens in the config. As @Isoprop said the C setting might not be (yet?) perfect.
The bus surely has a curvy roof when using a C lens in wide mode.
In my opinion this is not a problem for dashcam usage. What matters is to be able to prove the dynamics of an incident, not to have straight lines where anyway nothing really happens...
Perhaps using the A lens is best for trying to capture license plates at least during the day.
Again, people put too much emphasis on reading licence plates. I think this is important for parking mode, during a normal drive you should be able to see a licence number (as well as other details) better than a camera and then just say it out loud to be recorded.
Hopefully the C lens night footage will be equally comparable.
It looks ok, I'll post a comparison tomorrow. Anyway the videos are affected in a bad way by my windshield which is a little bit dirty on the inside, has a lot of small flaws on the outside and it's very inclined compared to other cars.

And it appears you have good taste in music :D
:) too bad for people in Germany who won't be able to see the video because of copyrights...

How it's best to make the comparison? Full frames like in niko's movie or croped horizontally to get the area of interest for dashcams?

Last edited:
In my opinion this is not a problem for dashcam usage. What matters is to be able to prove the dynamics of an incident, not to have straight lines where anyway nothing really happens...

I agree. I was only pointing out differences that some people might care about.

Again, people put too much emphasis on reading license plates. I think this is important for parking mode, during a normal drive you should be able to see a license number (as well as other details) better than a camera and then just say it out loud to be recorded.

This is also a good approach. I was trying to point out certain times in your video that appeared to show some differences between the 2 lenses. What anyone decides about those differences is up to them. I had to look at the footage a few times to catch some of these subtle events.

I would not be surprised to find future firmware updates that correct the color differences in the C lens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back