Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Looks like C lens set narrow will be ideal.

So as i mentioned earlier that a Lens C with Narrow settings can easily replace the Lens A which is a pretty sharp lens but not good in low light, where are the lens C with capable low light lens with narrow settings can work wonders culminating the benefit to work in low light at night at the same time be tack sharp compared to the Lens B or wider angle of Lens C.

Mobius C by night in the rear window. Lens type set to B!

Looking at these 2 replies I wonder how the C lens would do on the A settings. It worked very well with B settings. It might be better in some areas using the A lens settings or it might not be.

@Isoprop which is better the A on wide or the C on narrow? Will the new C lens settings when released, change anything? Any cropping on either, which run full sensor?

Thank you..However in my case, the camera starts auto record correctly if I connect to the same power source with a shorter cable. It has problem only with the 10 metre cable. I tried with both v2 (lens B) and v3 (lens C) cameras. Both behaved the same way.

Your USB repeater cable might be bad.

It be great to see comparisons between standard Lens A and Lens C with narrow settings.

the B lens pics look like they're out of focus
I had the same feeling...
buildings have more details on the C and also the focus looks better. But this could be a problem of my B lens, I never adjusted it's focus.
It be great to see comparisons between standard Lens A and Lens C with narrow settings.
I'll try, but I can't promise it will be this week... too busy at work :(

@Isoprop which is better the A on wide or the C on narrow? Will the new C lens settings when released, change anything? Any cropping on either, which run full sensor?
Maybe someone with both lenses could make a comparison. I'm rather pressed for time at present. Otherwise, I may be able to make a short comparison clip next week.
The 'C' lens setting only adjusts the colors to compensate for the different glass, it doesn't do any cropping etc.

I've read that the Mobius doesn't have good night view? Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
If a 32gb microsd card works why cant a 64gb card work in the same cam?
Is there a software restriction?
Is kingston 32gb class 4 the recommended card? or can i use class 10? what about samsung class 10? Have people reported issues using these higher end cards?

Up to 32gb the cards use FAT32, over that the specifications call for exFAT
Ah ok!

Fat32Formatter is freeware and made by TOKIWA to format drive larger than 32GB to FAT32, which means it can walk around the OS restriction that you can format drive to FAT32 only the size up to 32GB on Windows2000/XP/Vista/7. You think this could work? I understand its recommended to format the card using the Mobius cam itself, but i wonder if this would work?

I use a class 10 Kingmax 32gb that performs great.

I thought they had their own formatter built into the GUI
Right they do. But does the inbuilt formatter formats through exfat? Or will the cam recognize the 64gb card if formatted via external app converting it to fat32?

Back