Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Right they do. But does the inbuilt formatter formats through exfat? Or will the cam recognize the 64gb card if formatted via external app converting it to fat32?
The internal formatter will format 64GB cards to both FAT32 or exFAT. It's your choice, but I would always select FAT32. The camera will work with both FAT32 and exFAT cards but you cannot update the firmware if your card is formatted with exFAT.
Another restriction is with loop recording. Here you should always use FAT32. For 128GB cards you have to use exFAT, FAT32 is not supported. Firmware update is not possible with 128GB cards.

I've read that the Mobius doesn't have good night view? Is this true?

This is night time footage I took with the B lens on FW 2.33 and includes driving under white LED street lighting, regular street lighting and no street lighting at all.......

Out of interest.... When using the Mobius as a dashcam why do people feel the need to use a card greater than 32gb anyway?

A 32gb card records around three and a half hours of footage doesn't it? And even if the camera is running in a vehicle for say 8 hours a day a required clip of an incident can still be write protected by pressing the mode button at the time therefore enabling continued use of the camera etc..... Now in my mind that's a lot of 3 or 5 minute clips that could be saved before the card becomes full.....

One could use it in motion detect mode as a parking cam... no way to protect a file (without modifying the camera).

Out of interest.... When using the Mobius as a dashcam why do people feel the need to use a card greater than 32gb anyway?

Some Truckers & Bus Drivers, etc want to record their daily shift in loop-recording mode, so they need 64GB cards when they don't have the opportunity to stop & swap 32GB cards.

I believe that @Isoprop has said that Mobius can use 128GB cards reliably in loop-recording mode, however, as they cost more than the camera I don't suppose anyone's actually using one.

so that would mean, even though mobius can record on >32gb cards, it is practically useless as a reliable dashcam
Not at all! During my testing I recorded hundreds of hours using loop recording on my 64GB cards. But you must (in-camera) format the card to FAT32. Don't use exFAT if you use loop recording.

Some Truckers & Bus Drivers, etc want to record their daily shift in loop-recording mode, so they need 64GB cards when they don't have the opportunity to stop & swap 32GB cards.

I believe that @Isoprop has said that Mobius can use 128GB cards reliably in loop-recording mode, however, as they cost more than the camera I don't suppose anyone's actually using one.
I haven't done extensive testing on my 128GB cards. Like you say, they are too expensive for experimenting. Even though a possible defective card would most likely be replaced, it's a hassle I've gone thru too often with my Sandisks.
I think I looped over mine about 3 or 4 times without problems.

Looks like C lens set narrow will be ideal.
It be great to see comparisons between standard Lens A and Lens C with narrow settings.
Here you are: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-a-wide-vs-mobius-c-narrow.9969/

Does anyone know what the FOV of the C-Lens is in Narrow View.
Not sure about the FOV but you can see it in "action" in the video comparison linked above.
Compared to B lens you can see a video here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-b-vs-mobius-c.9782/

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you are: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-a-wide-vs-mobius-c-narrow.9969/

Not sure about the FOV but you can see it in "action" in the video comparison linked above.
Compared to B lens you can see a video here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-b-vs-mobius-c.9782/

@horaceCJ , this is amazing. So happy to have brought both the cams for front and back with C Lens. I think C narrow is the way to go.
I think the narrow C lens can now beat any dash cam lens built for night mode out there.
Can you please post your settings for C lens? Are u using similar settings for both day and Night?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the lens cap the same for the B and C lens?
Yes, the C lens seem a very-very-very little bit wider.
Can you please post your settings for C lens? Are u using similar settings for both day and Night?
Yes, I used the same settings day and night as posted in the thread. I guess I mentioned the most important, if you need more info let me know.

Back