Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Actually it will (probably) start as soon as you unlock the car.
no, because car did not originally have remote or even central locking :D, i had to retrofit some aftermarket central remote locking and it does not affect anything else, although it would be nice to have the function to remotely start the camera :D
Interior lights have usually 2 power wires: one with permanent power and one with power when a door is open (and few more seconds). The latter is useless for dashcams...
yeah 1 wire is direct from the battery up to 14.4v when running,
other one is 11v when door open, and for some reason 6v when closed and light goes off

i am only worried about positioning the converter directly in the roof area, because of the heat that will accumulate from the sun

Hello, sorry if this was allready discussed, but my Mobius Cam V3 (Lens C) won't delete the old clips even it is set to Loop Mode. It just fills up the card (Kingston 4GB) than blinks red 3 times, for memory full. It has firmware 2015/02/04 v2.33

Please help, thx

Attached my syscfg.txt file

Attachments

Thanks for the input. I'm affraid the card works fine, recording is ok, syscfg.txt for example gets deleted with no problems, also it's the brand most recommended from the producer, and I don't have another one for the moment :( any other ideas?
I wonder why is (according to documentation) that only for length clips of 3 or 5 min (5 in my case) loop recording works and not on 10 or 15 minutes? Also, if I choose MP4 (I can view on the samsung s4 the movies, in MOV filemode can't) can this be a bug? I hope to get an experienced answer without having to try every on/off/values in the settings :(

What formats you can view on the phone is a phone issue, try another player

I'd expect longer record settings are going to be an issue as the card is too small to deal with recycling the files

Hello, sorry if this was allready discussed, but my Mobius Cam V3 (Lens C) won't delete the old clips even it is set to Loop Mode. It just fills up the card (Kingston 4GB) than blinks red 3 times, for memory full. It has firmware 2015/02/04 v2.33

Please help, thx

Attached my syscfg.txt file
Yup, that's how I replied to your post a few minutes ago in the RC Groups. :)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30937325&postcount=14177

Thank you very much guys!! Awesome support group, I will try to recompensate by offering my experience with the camera until now!

i am only worried about positioning the converter directly in the roof area, because of the heat that will accumulate from the sun
I had in the roof an "Universal Mini USB Car Charger Adapter" for 2 years already, 1.5 years powering a Mobius. No problems at all.

Is the mSetup software updated on Mac as well, i do see a mac version for mSetup, but is it as new as for Windows OS? And if it is, are there any known issues on mac, or you guys suggest windows due to any specific reason?

Windows is the original and updated more, I think. @Isoprop, the GUI creator, didn't make the Mac version.

Is the mSetup software updated on Mac as well, i do see a mac version for mSetup, but is it as new as for Windows OS? And if it is, are there any known issues on mac, or you guys suggest windows due to any specific reason?
The Mac GUI for Mobius, named "Mobius Manager" is authored by LorenzoG and is available at the bottom of the first post of the RCGroups thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2085613
It is compatible with Mobius firmware versions from 2.10 to 2.33 according to the author. :)

Last edited:
The Mac GUI for Mobius, named "Mobius Manager" is authored by LorenzoG and is available at the bottom of the first post of the RCGroups thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2085613
It is compatible with Mobius firmware versions from 2.10 to 2.33 according to the author. :)

Thanks, i am a mac guy, although not an apple fanboy. Just prefer MacBook Retina for laptop's and an Android for the phones, windows goes for my HomeServer for Media streaming on XBMC (will move to ubuntu soon though).

I will be using the windows based msetup version for configuring the dashcam as @Isoprop is the developer of this app. I am sure very soon he will be modifying this cam and the software to make it work with 4k resolution. I knw he can do it, have full confidence in his abilities. :)

Last edited:
By the way, out of a 1gb file, how much space will be the audio of the clip be occupying? Trying to see if its worth keeping the audio on for the dashcam recording.

If your an Android user, root it and use Therau2000's app for the Mobius. You don't need to root it to use it, just if you're a power user of your phone, take full control. There are some great root apps like Greenify

If your an Android user, root it and use Therau2000's app for the Mobius. You don't need to root it to use it, just if you're a power user of your phone, take full control. There are some great root apps like Greenify

yea i've rooted my phone, and is on a custom rom, infact 3 custom rom's all on safe strap, on 3 partitions.
I use greenify as well. I've taken my phone to the extreme, loaded with tasker, with tons of automations, themes etc.

I dont see that app you just mentioned about. Is it on XDA?

Back