Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Out of interest.... When using the Mobius as a dashcam why do people feel the need to use a card greater than 32gb anyway?

A 32gb card records around three and a half hours of footage doesn't it? And even if the camera is running in a vehicle for say 8 hours a day a required clip of an incident can still be write protected by pressing the mode button at the time therefore enabling continued use of the camera etc..... Now in my mind that's a lot of 3 or 5 minute clips that could be saved before the card becomes full.....

Here in the US, its very common for people to drive Interstate, being a big continent just leaving one state and driving to another one can take hours, some take 5-6 hrs, or more.
Driving across the states for half a day or more is common, specially during summer.

Some people work far from home. Construction workers work where the job is not where they live. A 2 or more hour drive to work is possible for these workers.

There are also people who live in a small town with no work nearby. Many small towns were a one horse town. they had a mill, railroad yard, or another industrial work area that died thanks to bad government policies and global competition. Now to get a job they either have to sell their house for almost nothing or drive a long way to work. Others have lost a job and can only find work far from home. Not everyone lives with 20 miles from work.

Guys does this card works fine or not. I realize its an overkill, but it doesnt hurt if the price to pay isnt much. Atleast the quality should be good. What i really need to know is if this card has created any issues of any kind for anyone.
Samsung 64GB PRO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 90MB/s

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU88U

Here in the US, its very common for people to drive Interstate, being a big continent just leaving one state and driving to another one can take hours, some take 5-6 hrs, or more.
Driving across the states for half a day or more is common, specially during summer.

Some people work far from home. Construction workers work where the job is not where they live. A 2 or more hour drive to work is possible for these workers.

There are also people who live in a small town with no work nearby. Many small towns were a one horse town. they had a mill, railroad yard, or another industrial work area that died thanks to bad government policies and global competition. Now to get a job they either have to sell their house for almost nothing or drive a long way to work. Others have lost a job and can only find work far from home. Not everyone lives with 20 miles from work.

Ok yet do you need to record it all? If I drive 7 hours and after 4 hours, nothing happened and it loops then great. Even on vacation are you going to go back and view 8 hours of driving? If any clip is important, lock it and save it.

• Guys does this card works fine or not. I realize its an overkill, but it doesnt hurt if the price to pay isnt much. Atleast the quality should be good. What i really need to know is if this card has created any issues of any kind for anyone.
Samsung 64GB PRO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 90MB/s

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU88U
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU786 Or https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU7AO is better, you will see absolutely no difference using a pro card. The camera doesn't write or need even class 10, so even the Evo would be considered too much, you could use a Class 4. I use the Evo 32gb in most of my cameras because their cheap and good quality. Just buy from Amazon or Best Buy, clone cards are everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: map
Texas comes to mind..;)

Ok yet do you need to record it all? If I drive 7 hours and after 4 hours, nothing happened and it loops then great. Even on vacation are you going to go back and view 8 hours of driving? If any clip is important, lock it and save it.

Agree, but think about it this way, there could be days when you can get busy, or might forget, or for the matter of fact get a bit lazy, and ignore to take out the card to preserve an event (not necessarily an accident), that you might have encountered while you were driving. Atleast a larger card gives you enough confidence that the clip you want to preserve might still be there if you are late by a day or two. Little bit extra doesnt hurt.

Agree, but think about it this way, there could be days when you can get busy, or might forget, or for the matter of fact get a bit lazy, and ignore to take out the card to preserve an event (not necessarily an accident), that you might have encountered while you were driving. Atleast a larger card gives you enough confidence that the clip you want to preserve might still be there if you are late by a day or two. Little bit extra doesnt hurt.
It's locked, you can leave it there indefinitely. Some people like bigger cards, ok, yet except recording over night or long stretches away from the car, they're not usually necessary. Better to have two 32gb cards and keep one as a back up in the glove box.

It's locked, you can leave it there indefinitely. Some people like bigger cards, ok, yet except recording over night or long stretches away from the car, they're not usually necessary. Better to have two 32gb cards and keep one as a back up in the glove box.

Actually i dreamt yesterday that @Isoprop has tweaked the software/hardware in the Mobius cam to capture 4K resolution in the coming future, hence need a bigger and faster card, to future proof the setup. :D:D
Jokes apart, but think of this, GoPro has already come out with a 4K cam, its just before time, it will come to Mobius. 4K/8K is a reality that is gonna come and hit us anytime now.
4K TV's are a thing of the past, people are looking beyond. Infact they've even started selling cards for 4K resolution. Will you be going out and buying a new card once you have an option to replace lenses or just a simple hardware tweak in the cam? think!!

Last edited:
GoPro has already come out with a 4K cam, its just before time, it will come to Mobius. 4K/8K is a reality that is gonna come and hit us anytime now.

I am confused how they have a 4k setup with only 12 megapixels. I would think with 4k the megapixels would be a lot bigger.

Actually i dreamt yesterday that @Isoprop has tweaked the software/hardware in the Mobius cam to capture 4K resolution in the coming future, hence need a bigger and faster card, to future proof the setup. :D:D
Jokes apart, but think of this, GoPro has already come out with a 4K cam, its just before time, it will come to Mobius. 4K/8K is a reality that is gonna come and hit us anytime now.
4K TV's are a thing of the past, people are looking beyond. Infact they've even started selling cards for 4K resolution. Will you be going out and buying a new card once you have an option to replace lenses or just a simple hardware tweak in the cam? think!!
Nice dream, but I think you'll have to wait a year or two until technology solves the miniaturization, heat, power consumption and card capacity issues. Remember that the Mobius is much smaller than the GoPro or similar cameras.
I'm sure that once suitable and reliable chips are available your dream will come true, but this won't be in the near future.

Does the Mobius lock files to prevent from overwritting? There is no GPS right?

Does the Mobius lock files to prevent from overwritting? There is no GPS right?

With the typical cheap DashCam, if you press the button to lock a file, it's possible the incident you wanted to keep is on the previous file that ended a second or two before you pressed the button. The critical file may be overwritten before you check the memory card. Mobius does it this way...

a. If the current running file is less than 1 minute old, it locks the previous file and the current file.

b. If the current running file will be closed in less than 1 minute, it locks the current file and the next file.

c. If the current running file has recorded over 1 minute and will be closed after 1 more minute, only the current file is locked.

does mobius ever reset/glitch because of the temporary accesory power cutoff while starting the engine?
could an extra capacitor or a battery between power source and mobius help keeping the power intact/flat for mobius during those several seconds while starting the engine, and thus avoid any possibility of mobius get into trouble :D?
or is there some kind of stable power source available only when the engine is running?

i think i will connect it to cabin interior/dome light, that way i can have 15cm cable, only "problem" is that it will start the camera every time i open the door but i will have extra half an hour of "parking recording" until the car cuts off power...

Last edited:
i think i will connect it to cabin interior/dome light, that way i can have 15cm cable, only "problem" is that it will start the camera every time i open the door but i will have extra half an hour of "parking recording" until the car cuts off power...
Actually it will (probably) start as soon as you unlock the car. Interior lights have usually 2 power wires: one with permanent power and one with power when a door is open (and few more seconds). The latter is useless for dashcams...

Are you a Project Manager by profession anyways? :D Awesome explanation.
No, just did some trainings few years ago. It's just my nature...

Back