Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

My mobius has arrived, and i am trying to intialize all the pre-installation setup.
Inserted the card, left it for few hours for charging, so that the battery is fully charged for both the cams.
Now when i try to hit power on button, i see a blue led coming on, then goes off, after which a yellow led lights up, stays on for about 30 seconds and then goes off, goes back to green (charging mode)?
I wonder is it cos of the card not formatted yet? i am using a 64GB samsung card, and as previously mentioned that that the card can be formatted both in the camera as well as well as PC. Do i first need to format the card in the PC? I used SDFormatter with these settings ((Full (Overwrite) and Format Size Adjustment ON))
After completion it says the card has been formatted in exFat fromat. WHY???
I dont see an option to choose Fat32, please guide.

My mobius has arrived, and i am trying to intialize all the pre-installation setup.
Inserted the card, left it for few hours for charging, so that the battery is fully charged for both the cams.
Now when i try to hit power on button, i see a blue led coming on, then goes off, after which a yellow led lights up, stays on for about 30 seconds and then goes off, goes back to green (charging mode)?
I wonder is it cos of the card not formatted yet? i am using a 64GB samsung card, and as previously mentioned that that the card can be formatted both in the camera as well as well as PC. Do i first need to format the card in the PC? I used SDFormatter with these settings ((Full (Overwrite) and Format Size Adjustment ON))
After completion it says the card has been formatted in exFat fromat. WHY???
I dont see an option to choose Fat32, please guide.

Try reading the MANUAL.

Thanks guys, both the cam's are up and running, tested out the recording abilities all looks great.
Now discovering the various functions and configurations in the msetup software.
Time to rock and roll.

Guys, thanks again for helping. I really appreciate you taking time and replying to all the questions here.

So, i am done with all the configuration settings per IsoProp's suggestions and @GJHS 's suggestions.
Thats saved as my standard default profile.
I would also like to enable Motion Detect Mode for Parking Mode.
I will be running the setup with hardwiring the cam to the fuse box, and a super capacitor for both the front and rear cams, using a cutover of 12.4V through the Lukas LK-290 during winter, and 12v during summer. At times i might just use timer based settings depending on where i cam parking for how much duration, nothing is set it stone, however intially i will try to go with 12.4v cutover settings. Lets see how my battery handles it.

Also, plan to get a portable jump starter that has an inbuilt compressor and is heavy duty.
Bolt Power® G06C Portable 600 AMP Peak With Air Compressor Car Battery Jump Starter Power Pack Charger 12V With 16500mAh - Emergency Auto Heavy Duty Jump Starter For Light-Medium Truck, Van, SUV and More (see link)

So, i need some inputs suggestions on the ideal settings for the motion detect mode, i was able to find a 2 yr old post by @horaceCJ , here but nothing after that, at the time the firmware released was v1.3 since then there's been many firmware upgrades etc.
Wanted to see if there's any update on this method, and i could improvise it. Here are the screenshots of my setup. Please let me know if you feel there is anything else that i could do to tune the settings including Parking Mode/Motion Detect.

vgnaxc.jpg

s60eqf.jpg

otnbdt.jpg

9lcy8w.jpg

Thanks again in advance for all your help.

I would set the Motion Timeout to 60 secs to have the most recorded when motion is detected. I wish they could make this setting longer. Also set Video Time Stamp to "On", Rotate Video 180 to "Yes" or when mounted the video will be upside down and set Loop Recording to "Yes". Video clip length to "3mins" and FOV to "Narrow" as you said you preferred.

Set Mode 1 WDR to "On" and Mode 2 WDR to "Low Light" so at night if you need more low light performance you can switch modes in car.

I would set the Motion Timeout to 60 secs to have the most recorded when motion is detected. I wish they could make this setting longer. Also set time to on, Rotate Video 180 to yes or when mounted the video will be upside down and set Loop Recording to Yes. Video clip length to 3mins and FOV to Narrow as you said you preferred.

Oh right, i completely forgot about the Narrow FOV. Damn, i am over worked, stock market is driving me crazy.
Will do that now. Also are there specific settings for preserving the clips, on how it deletes the older clips vs the newer one? or its a default nature?

My suggestion for motion detection is DON'T use it!

Motion detection is iffy at best. You may find that an incident was missed because the camera didn't start to record until after the fact. Motion detection is also basically useless outdoors. Wind blowing through the trees, clouds passing by, birds or other animals (including pedestrians) moving through the FOV will cause countless false triggers, etc. etc. It will be hard to find a sensitivity setting that will work reliably in all situations. Maybe you'll catch what you are after on video and maybe you won't.

Motion detection is really a technology designed for static interior surveillance such as in an office or warehouse after hours where the motion detected is the ONLY motion happening and is the target of your surveillance.

My preference is to run the cameras full time when I am away from my vehicle using a 64GB card.

Will do that now. Also are there specific settings for preserving the clips, on how it deletes the older clips vs the newer one? or its a default nature?
That is Loop Recording, so setting it to 3 mins means it will record 3 mins then start a new 3 min file until the card is full. When the card is full, it will write over the oldest file. To lock a file, press the Mode button while recording.

Hope this is good now.

2hd4l93.jpg

3518yg6.jpg

What do you recommend about the Wide Dynamic Range to keep it off or Low Light? or On.
This is under Mode 1 tab.
Also is Motion Sensitivity is Normal, hope thats ok?

Set Mode 1 WDR to "On" and Mode 2 WDR to "Low Light" so at night if you need more low light performance you can switch modes in car.

Does that mean, the real time application for this mode is switching the Mode 2 button each time thats pre-set to WDR to Low Light when driving at night? Meaning u have to do this everytime when driving at night? and then switching it back to Mode 1 when driving in the day? Cant it automatically read low light and switch to wdr low light, and turn it on in the day?
Will the WDR turn on too much saturation? like HDR in photography that looks more like artifical processed images?

My suggestion for motion detection is DON'T use it!

Motion detection is iffy at best. You may find that an incident was missed because the camera didn't start to record until after the fact. Motion detection is also basically useless outdoors. Wind blowing through the trees, clouds passing by, birds or other animals (including pedestrians) moving through the FOV will cause countless false triggers, etc. etc. It will be hard to find a sensitivity setting that will work reliably in all situations. Maybe you'll catch what you are after on video and maybe you won't.

Motion detection is really a technology designed for static interior surveillance such as in an office or warehouse after hours where the motion detected is the ONLY motion happening and is the target of your surveillance.

My preference is to run the cameras full time when I am away from my vehicle using a 64GB card.

Thats scary, have u tried it recently with the latest firmwares? I was assuming a lot of members in here use Motion Detect /Parking mode, wernt you using PMP or the Lk-290 as well, and i rememeber you recommending it as well.

Everyone has their own preferences. I am just not a fan of motion detection in dash cams. I also have experience with CCTV cameras and won't use it for that either unless it is in interior static settings.

Now that you have your cameras, try it, along with all the other settings and functions and learn for yourself what works for you and what doesn't.

Everyone has their own preferences. I am just not a fan of motion detection in dash cams. I also have experience with CCTV cameras and won't use it for that either unless it is in interior static settings.

Now that you have your cameras, try it, along with all the other settings and functions and learn for yourself what works for you and what doesn't.

Yea, i am gonna start experimenting on this starting tomorrow once its installed, just received the LK-290 as well from Korea, it took 3 working days to get here through DHL

Looked up couple of videos on WDR mode both on and off, and night mode, it looks like people prefer using it just as you defined, in two different modes.

Look till the end.

On the off chance you plan on using that compressor more than on the rare occasion, you should look into buying something else.
A compressor that small will take a very long time to air up to road pressure.

Back