Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Dashmellow...you are correct your links were not modified and in fact they are not even affiliate links. They are actually just regular Amazon links.

Dashmellow...you are correct your links were not modified and in fact they are not even affiliate links. They are actually just regular Amazon links.

Yes, that is what I was saying. Again, that is why I didn't understand the response I got to them.

With time change, how do you make sure your mobius updates time stamps?

Does it do it automatically or you need to press set parameters?

Press Set parameters. Just learned that today.
All other time devices have time advanced before bedtime last night except Mobius.

Ok guys, here is a little update. I called up BuyMobius dot com the vendor whom i brought the cam from, and they told me that they calibrate the lens and make sure the focus is perfectly set before they send the orders.
I've done a couple of tests today, infact my neighbour is into custom Drones (saw him flying one today), and he has used Mobius extensively (though not right now), i asked him test the cam and the output out, and he feels the lens is perfectly calibrated for the focus. So this overrules my doubts.
Lets move on to exploring new worlds while travelling with this cam.

Yep, it's not so easy to tell from downloaded video sometimes. You're running two?

Yep, it's not so easy to tell from downloaded video sometimes. You're running two?

yes sir, running two. For both front and rear.
Its been great. really love the cam, the concept and the idea behind it. I've been driving my wife's car since two days like a soccer mom (yea the Acura is). All of my employees, and friends have been been asking me about this, and wanting to install the cam in their cars too.

I've got the Lukas LK-290 installed too for the motion detect mode, and its been working great. The cutover has been set to 12.4v, and the cam keeps recording for about 10-11 hrs, after which it disconnects. I've tested the battery with the multimeter and it exactly is at 12.4v-12.5v after the disconnects.
The installation is really stealth, looks OEM, credits to the installer he did a good job. Proper power management with add-on-circuits and fuses, into the fusebox. Credits to the forum members here to help me get on board the party. and special thanks to you @GJHS, who helped me with every single PM i sent, @Russ, @Dionic90, @reverend, @albertson, all have been very helpful and patiently replied to every single PM i sent.

By the way Lukas LK-290 is really a good product, fully recommended. Looks well made, and does the job really well.
Its getting a bit warmer in Chicago now, and the day looks bright and beautiful. Once the snow clears out, i will post a few more videos showing the beauty of this city.
I've already driven a bit around today, and the videos look stunning.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're happy with the Mobius, it's truly a great little camera. I am also glad you like the install, since you were worried about it looking out of place. Now do you plan to install some cameras in your Maserati?

I'm glad you're happy with the Mobius, it's truly a great little camera. I am also glad you like the install, since you were worried about it looking out of place. Now do you plan to install some cameras in your Maserati?

Not yet, will not. But i will have it done on the other cars next week.

Maserati is very fickle minded, very picky about accessories, it would not even accept the Viper's SmartStart kit for remort start. Yes but it did work for the LoJack.

EDIT: nevermind, tried another cable and it is recognised now

are there some video instructions, or some shorter instructions for fastest way of setting mobius as a dascham?
i cannot connect it to computer, it records when started manually, and i can transfer files if i plug microsd directly in the computer, but the msetup does not recognize camera, turned on or of, any usb slot, using original mobius cable.

now it is green while connected to computer
if i press power it flashes blue and turns to yellow/orrange and after several seconds to green again

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html
this is the msetup i am trying to use, windows 7.

i tried this

1. When first switching the camera on you need to download the camera's default settings to the card. This is done by holding down the function and on/off button, keep these held down.
  2. Hold them down until the red LED flashes 3 times. This may take up to 5 seconds.
  3. Now release both buttons

and it did transfer the config file, i can see when i remove tha card and insert it to computer, but still no luck with recognising mobius, i uploaded the file that mobius put on the card (kingston 16gb class 4, it was formatted in the computer using windows quick format and FAT32, and tested with h2test)

cam is V3 C lens from banggood

Attachments

Last edited:
Bought a mobius back in October to film my FPV flying.

It's been thrown around and beaten. It looks fine internally. Haven't checked the BGA.

Recently it has started to turn off in the middle of recording. Anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 mins into recording. Now it's not even starting to record. When I power it on. The blue light flashes. Then the rear red light flashes the times. Next simultaneously the top amber and the rear red lights come on. I then hit the shutter button and the amber light on top flashes once. I try again and nothing happens. Then I turn it off.

SanDisk Extreme microSDHC UHS-I Card
The card has been formatted in msetup.
Latest Firmware

Still having the same issue after buying the Transcend micro 32gb class 10. I have formatted the card in msetup and reset the settings. It's still not recording.

Back