Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Still having the same issue after buying the Transcend micro 32gb class 10. I have formatted the card in msetup and reset the settings. It's still not recording.

I must say you fly the drone pretty good. Is that a custom drone, the shadow seems like one of those carbon fibre based chassis drones right?

I must say you fly the drone pretty good. Is that a custom drone, the shadow seems like one of those carbon fibre based chassis drones right?

Thanks, It is one of those new fangled carbon fiber framed fpv racers. It's a Blackout 250 mini H.

Has anyone tried out C lens focusing accuracy when it gets a bit warm? My C lens seems to not like the sun. In the morning everything looks sharp across the windshield by noon after some driving trees and posts look smeared a bit. Anyone else?

They did change the material from metal to a composite in the C lens - that would be a shame if the new material does lose focus in the heat though.

Has anyone tried out C lens focusing accuracy when it gets a bit warm? My C lens seems to not like the sun. In the morning everything looks sharp across the windshield by noon after some driving trees and posts look smeared a bit. Anyone else?

Not sure, I have a C lens too, and its just been a week.
Someone did complain about my lens not focusing accurately when i posted the Video, however many others felt there was no issue.
Summer is still weeks away from Chicago, but i think we'll have to wait and see if others are having the same issue.

I live in an area where for past few days it would go from 34 F to 74 F in a matter of 12 hours. I am still hoping that this is just one small incident. For RC people they could secure it with Play-Doh putty and it would make little difference as they fly for short time and the lens is exposed to air thus cooling it. For dashcam users the bar of quality goes way high due to prolonged exposure to heat.

Maybe someone in Florida, Arizona or California can confirm or deny this with simple test?

I am hoping the C lens plastic is not the problem but instead you have a flaky CMOS sensor. For whatever reason some electronic parts turn out to be heat or cold sensitive when the rest of the same parts are not.

I hope that is the case because it would be disappointing to reverse the quality of a well established product. But like I said it could be just my camera, but I hope people will examine their videos with cold start and heated.

Also I am confused about Narrow FOV and Wide. Some say that Möbius combines 4 pixels into one (pixel binding) for better image lighting in Wide FOV. However same people also state that Narrow FOV should be better for true 1080 quality. I am getting confused now.

I'm trying to route a USB cable into the weather lining of my car, but there's no way that I can keep it in place (the weight of the cable will eventually pull itself down from the headliner). It's a cheaper alternative than paying a shop to do the install for me and having to top into the fuse.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to best keep the USB cable firmly within the headliner/weather proof strip?

If anyone has done this option, do you notice any increased sound/wind as a result of having to lift up the weatherproofing to stick the cable in?

Alternatively, if that won't work, I'll be forced to get something that I can tap into the fuse in the car (2014 Ford Focus) in order to have the camera come on each time I turn the ignition on. Which cables would I need for that?

I've just had a quick skim through the last few pages of the thread over on RCGroups and it seems like quite a few of the newer models with the C lens are having a few problems with focus on one side being out or just focus in general being bad. One of the latest posts is someone pushing on the back of the sensor and they had to then adjust focus but it was improved afterwards.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30983686&postcount=14255

Maybe there are a few teething problems with the assembly of the new design?

I've just had a quick skim through the last few pages of the thread over on RCGroups and it seems like quite a few of the newer models with the C lens are having a few problems with focus on one side being out or just focus in general being bad. One of the latest posts is someone pushing on the back of the sensor and they had to then adjust focus but it was improved afterwards.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30983686&postcount=14255

Maybe there are a few teething problems with the assembly of the new design?

The B lens had teething problems during early production runs as well and many (including myself) had to attempt to adjust focus on one side by adding very thin shims at the rear of the module case.

Ah ok so it's nothing new in that case - to be honest it seems like everything these days has teething issues at first, heck I'm already waiting for the reports of problems with these new Apple iWatches that are inbound :)

Ah ok so it's nothing new in that case - to be honest it seems like everything these days has teething issues at first, heck I'm already waiting for the reports of problems with these new Apple iWatches that are inbound :)

And apparently you can already buy a cloned Apple watch in China even before the real one hits the market. :rolleyes:

I hope not, as I will be getting one soon ;)

sadly it has just as much appeal as the real one (aka, none)

You know, that's what many people, including quite a few professional tech writers said when the iPad was introduced. In fact, I remember seeing one of those tech writers being interviewed on TV on the day the iPad was announced by Apple and he said he thought it was an interesting gadget but he couldn't imagine any practical use for it. He felt it was a gimmick with little practical application, especially when compared to a laptop. At the end of the interview when pressed by the news anchor he reluctantly admitted that despite his views on the new device, he'd learned from past experience not to bet against Apple. So, I guess time will tell what ultimately becomes of the Apple watch.

I've got to admit I've got a Pebble from Kickstarter here and it's ok, but I moan about the battery life on this and it lasts a week.

At least I can go away for a weekend without a charger - no change with the iWatch!

Things will always improve and I've got to admit the fact you can make a call from your watch like I saw as a kid on things like Star Trek I think is amazing!

This guy was one of the first to speak into his watch and own a self-driving car. A true pioneer!

knightrider.jpg

For the life of me I don't get the reason for the smart watch battery life conundrum when a firm like Citizen Watch Co.
has had practically all their time pieces operating with Eco-Drive since 1995.

Last edited:
Funny, I just had a similar conversation with a friend. I was saying that I have a remote controlled Citizen Eco Drive watch that is accurate to a fraction of a second because it receives the the time automatically via signal, nightly from the atomic clock so you never have to set it or change it for DST and the battery is charged by light. Why dont we see it used more?

I don't understand smart watches, though if I had to buy one that Moto 360 is the nicest one so far. I tend to prefer the Android experience. I know Apple makes quality products, what I don't like is their rigid practices with little or no real control over your product. I took the IOS 8 update for my IPad 2 and now it's awful. After reading a ton of others experiencing the same thing with Apple cutting off any way of going back to IOS 7, I know I'm not the only one. Conversely I updated my Android Nexus 7 to Lollipop, and didn't like the interface and battery life, yet with Android you can easily install any version or a ton of different ROMs to get the experience you want so I just went back. So it's more than quality its a useability and customization difference for me. I know basic users won't agree

Back