Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

View attachment 11534

It's nearsighted. The Mobius' should be set on "infinity" focus.

You can focus the lens in a room by focusing on something obvious a few meters away from the lens.

Guys do you agree with this, or is it just that the image is soft. Sometimes the snow all around can play on the lens, make it reflective and colors bounce off. This is true to photography also. The flare caused by snow can make photos look very hazy.

Your YouTube footage look good. Dropbox, not so. That's weird. Thought Raw footage should be better.

While i have the file uploading, i have a couple of questions that's lingering in my mind regarding the use of this cam.
After turning off the ignition, the car goes into motion detect mode, the camera goes to sleep after 1 min, because of the motion detect "motion timeout" feature enabled to 60 seconds, that although the duration for the cam to shutdown is after 10 seconds, if in case, i have to remove the card from the cam do i need to wait for 60 seconds, or can i just remove it right away? do u guys wait for a few seconds after turning off the ignition and wait for the led in the cam to go off?

Second question was, can i on the fly switch the cam to video mode 2 while the cam is already running and capturing on mode 1, i've set WDR to low light on this?

Bought a mobius back in October to film my FPV flying.

It's been thrown around and beaten. It looks fine internally. Haven't checked the BGA.

Recently it has started to turn off in the middle of recording. Anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 mins into recording. Now it's not even starting to record. When I power it on. The blue light flashes. Then the rear red light flashes the times. Next simultaneously the top amber and the rear red lights come on. I then hit the shutter button and the amber light on top flashes once. I try again and nothing happens. Then I turn it off.

SanDisk Extreme microSDHC UHS-I Card
The card has been formatted in msetup.
Latest Firmware

Even if the memory card worked before?

Yes, SanDisk has a reputation for problems and failure. I own three that I've never had any problems with but one abruptly died on me several days ago.

EDIT: @Isoprop often speaks of problems with SanDisk cards, like in this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll order another card. What do you recommend? I read the Kingston 32gb class 4 is good.

Ok, I'll order another card. What do you recommend? I read the Kingston 32gb class 4 is good.

I have never had the slightest trouble with class 10 cards in any of my Mobi and there is no cost savings over class 4 nowadays.

Buy from Amazon to be sure you are getting a legit card.

I'd recommend the Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class10
or the Kingston Digital 32 GB microSDHC Class 10

The Transcend is an excellent deal at $14.95 and the card is 45 MB/s.

The Kingston is $16.05 and is a 30 MB/s card.

BTW, as I'm sure you know, a new card may or may not fix your Mobius, it's just the first thing one should try, especially with a SanDisk card. Also, it may be worth checking your current card to make sure the contacts are not dirty.

Last edited:
You sure it's not that referral link that's making it a relevant option?

I'll be nice and use your link since you took the time to help. The guy I fly with is having the same issue with a different card.

You sure it's not that referral link that's making it a relevant option?

I'll be nice and use your link since you took the time to help. The guy I fly with is having the same issue with a different card.

Those are links I have bookmarked on my computer for my own reference. I get nothing out of them. I was merely responding to your request for a recommendation. Please use whatever source or brand of cards you find work best for you. :)

Edit: Many links people post here at DCT get sidetracked by "Share-a-Sale" and other affiliate links that are internal to DashCamTalk which profits from them. (Not sure if that is what you are referring to though, but it sounds like it.)

Last edited:
Just to clarify for some people who may not be aware, the site uses referral links for funding. Hence that is why links are changed for eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress and for some Shareasale vendors. But for what is worth, the 2 links in the message previously are NOT DashCamTalk referral links due to the way they were embedded.

Thanks for the clarification DashCamMan. It didn't seem on my end that the links I posted were modified in any way, so I was puzzled by the response to my recommendations.

Back