Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I fear that we are veering way off topic here, but it is an interesting conversation. Maybe we should start a new thread over in the Off Topic forum?

Having said that, the reason Apple won't let people go back to earlier versions of iOS is because later updates patched some serious security issues that were discovered and they don't want to risk having users get hacked as it would not only be unpleasant and damaging for customers but wouldn't be good for their brand reputation if that were to happen.

P.S. The latest Eco-Drive models don't even need the earth based atomic clock signals but can time sync via GPS satellite anywhere on the planet.

So can anyone once again explain the pro and con of Wide FOV and Narrow FOV in settings? I asked earlier but some how Möbius turned into iWatch .

So can anyone once again explain the pro and con of Wide FOV and Narrow FOV in settings? I asked earlier but some how Möbius turned into iWatch .

It's not really a pro vs con thing, it's more of a preference thing.

Maybe this will help? (A lens)

Mobius-FOV-settings.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Mobius standard camera with A lens that I purchased in January 2015. My problem started with the card suddenly being very hard to extract from the camera. It would protrude slightly from the case but really took work to get it out. I then tried 3 different cards, all experiencing the same problem. The camera would still record even with these problems. Now the camera does not record at all. When power is started it will do its normal start up with the 3 blinking red lights, yellow light slowly blinking. After this the red light changes to solid red, then after a few seconds the camera will then shut off without recording anything. I have tried reloading the firmware and formatting the card in mssetup, but the camera still continues to behave in the same manner. I have read every post in this thread and have tried everything that has been suggested with negative results. I am sure I have probably missed something along the way. If anyone can add anything it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I installed the super capacitor that I had purchased along with this camera. This installation was when it was first purchased.

I have a Mobius standard camera with A lens that I purchased in January 2015. My problem started with the card suddenly being very hard to extract from the camera. It would protrude slightly from the case but really took work to get it out. I then tried 3 different cards, all experiencing the same problem. The camera would still record even with these problems. Now the camera does not record at all. When power is started it will do its normal start up with the 3 blinking red lights, yellow light slowly blinking. After this the red light changes to solid red, then after a few seconds the camera will then shut off without recording anything. I have tried reloading the firmware and formatting the card in mssetup, but the camera still continues to behave in the same manner. I have read every post in this thread and have tried everything that has been suggested with negative results. I am sure I have probably missed something along the way. If anyone can add anything it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My first thought is to check for dirt or lint inside the card slot.

I just took the cover off and inspected it and it appears to be clear.

Sorry to hear that, it would have made for an easy fix-it. Just to make sure, take a flashlight and actually look inside the slot you push the card into. You don't need to take the cover off for this.

Also, try to see if the slot housing is crimped in any way.

Sorry to hear that, it would have made for an easy fix-it. Just to make sure, take a flashlight and actually look inside the slot you push the card into. You don't need to take the cover off for this.

Also, try to see if the slot housing is crimped in any way.
Everything looks good, any thoughts on the camera just simply turning off. It can be accessed from a PC in mssetup and everything changed and card formatted etc

One way or another it sounds like a card problem but from what you describe it appears to be a mechanical issue with the card port.

One way or another it sounds like a card problem but from what you describe it appears to be a mechanical issue with the card port.
Thanks, I have been in contact with the seller, and we tried several different scenarios with negative results. He suggested that I send it back to him for evaluation. I really like the camera but I guess if I cannot get it working I will give it away to someone on this forum who has more experience than me with these cameras. I was hoping that I screwed something up that was reversible but who knows?

Hey all, I just joined. I'm having a big issue with my mobius that seems similar to others, but not quite the same. I can't get my camera to power on, and I can't get the computer to recognize it either so I don't know how I can update the firmware... The sd card is formatted to the specified type (fat32?), and I've tried sandisk and kingston cards to no avail. I was able to power it up and I got a steady blue light with no response to buttons. When I pressed the reset, the camera powered off and I was unable to get it back on. I've checked the battery with my lipo charger and it is full @ 4.2V. Any tips would be great otherwise I'm out 80 bucks, which is quite a bit for a college student :(

Edit:
I installed the super capacitor that I had purchased along with this camera. This installation was when it was first purchased.

I had the same thing happen as you stated. red light blinks 3 times, yellow light then solid red light and camera shuts off.
In my case, using Msetup, I had reformatted the card and upgraded FW to 2.33 without doing any setting or saving parameters. Didn't think it was necessary. Using Msetup to find the fault, I found I have to do all my settings again. All my settings have been set to actioncam default. May not be your problem though. Give it a try.

Hey everyone -

I'm brand new here; just got a Mobius from "Deluxe Essentials" on Amazon (A lens, high capacity battery) last weekend. So far I'm really digging it. Question though, the camera I got came with the "A" lens. Can I do a direct swap of a C lens into it, or do I need a new case or other parts? I did some searching on this, but found conflicting information...

Thanks!

I had the same thing happen as you stated. red light blinks 3 times, yellow light then solid red light and camera shuts off.
In my case, using Msetup, I had reformatted the card and upgraded FW to 2.33 without doing any setting or saving parameters. Didn't think it was necessary. Using Msetup to find the fault, I found I have to do all my settings again. All my settings have been set to actioncam default. May not be your problem though. Give it a try.
err... this may be a dumb question, but how do I use msetup with the camera if the computer won't recognize the camera?
Also, I don't get any other lights - it was just the solid blue and now it won't turn on.

to jmccarter - you can just get a new lens module, although they are about 30 bucks. I'm not sure about just swapping the lens.

I would wait on C lens as summer approaches and then see if you want to risk it after more people will give feedback. As of now I might be the only one with out of focus issue due to heat.

I did as you suggested and it worked! After doing the default settings, I reset it to my original settings and it now works as always, thanks a lot for your help and solution :)

err... this may be a dumb question, but how do I use msetup with the camera if the computer won't recognize the camera?
Also, I don't get any other lights - it was just the solid blue and now it won't turn on.

First charge the camera, then when you plug it in make sure to use USB 2.0 ports. I thought I got a bad camera because USB 3.0 did not want to recognize it. Then the front USB 2.0 ports did not want to work until I got to the back of PC. Just try different PC maybe.

Back