Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Hey everyone -

I'm brand new here; just got a Mobius from "Deluxe Essentials" on Amazon (A lens, high capacity battery) last weekend. So far I'm really digging it. Question though, the camera I got came with the "A" lens. Can I do a direct swap of a C lens into it, or do I need a new case or other parts? I did some searching on this, but found conflicting information...

Thanks!

The new Mobius "C" lens module is slightly different in size and form from the older modules and the case appears to have been slightly modified as well to accommodate it. It is not yet clear how well the new C lens module will fit into the original A lens Mobius case, if at all. Up until now, you could easily just swap a "B" lens module for the old "A" lens but it needs someone to confirm how this will go with the "C" lens module.

It will be interesting to see if putting an original "A" lens module or the "B" module into the new Mobius case will be problematic as well.

Last edited:
err... this may be a dumb question, but how do I use msetup with the camera if the computer won't recognize the camera?
Also, I don't get any other lights - it was just the solid blue and now it won't turn on.

to jmccarter - you can just get a new lens module, although they are about 30 bucks. I'm not sure about just swapping the lens.

That was in answer to @Gabacho.

In your case you must first fully charge the camera. 2 hours or longer until green light goes off. I'd remove SD card and plug camera to PC. PC will treat camera as webcam. With SD card in, PC will treat Camera as mass storage. (thumb drive).
Without SD card and connected to PC. if camera don't activate, try another cable. Mobius is quite picky on cable and card.
Thanks to Isoprop he have most Mobius problems answered in this thread.

is it normal on vw that lighter plug/socket is powered all the time?
interior/reading/dome light cuts off automatically 30mins after ignition off, and starts again with opening the door...
but the lighter plug is constantly on

is it normal on vw that lighter plug/socket is powered all the time?
interior/reading/dome light cuts off automatically 30mins after ignition off, and starts again with opening the door...
but the lighter plug is constantly on

Some cars have battery cig lighters instead.

I've tried all five mini usb cables I own, none work. I was able to connect it before. I left it on the charger for at least three hours and the light never went off. The computer doesn't recognize it as anything.

have you tried other usb ports, other computer, OS?
does the camera work/record ?
is the camera on or off before you connect it to the computer?

The new Mobius "C" lens module is slightly different in size and form from the older modules and the case appears to have been slightly modified as well to accommodate it. It is not yet clear how well the new C lens module will fit into the original A lens Mobius case, if at all. Up until now, you could easily just swap a "B" lens module for the old "A" lens but it needs someone to confirm how this will go with the "C" lens module.

It will be interesting to see if putting an original "A" lens module or the "B" module into the new Mobius case will be problematic as well.

C-lens NEEDS the new case, I tried, won't fit the old case..... well not without force or cutting / modifying manually.... my advise: don't.....

Does a good job though, the C-lens, although I have some annoying blueing when day goes to night.... had that with B-lens as well, that one was blueing more then the C-lens btw....

Thanks for the information, @dirkzelf.

Have you tried fitting an "A" lens into the "C" case? I've wondered if it might be loose? At least that is something that should be easy to deal with a shim or perhaps some sort of appropriate putty.

Last edited:
The C case definitely is slightly bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
err... this may be a dumb question, but how do I use msetup with the camera if the computer won't recognize the camera?
Also, I don't get any other lights - it was just the solid blue and now it won't turn on.

to jmccarter - you can just get a new lens module, although they are about 30 bucks. I'm not sure about just swapping the lens.

Try the device manager option in control panel, refresh for new hardware by right clicking on the top of the tree, a this should pick up an new device attached to your system. Windows has a service called Plug n Play, this should pick up your device and install the drivers automatically for you. If this doesnt happen navigate to services and look for Plug and play, might be that the service is turned off, or not started, start the service and try again.

Do you think the new composite lens housing has been out long enough to know if it loses focus in the heat yet or not?
Well, my lens is mounted with an extension cable and for the moment the outside temperature didn't go above 10 degrees Celsius. Today I'll have a longer ride and maybe the sun will be out too, so I'll check tonight or tomorrow if there are any focusing problems.

And a question: before mounting the lens I tried to adjust the focus, just to be sure it's the best. However I didn't manage to turn the barrel at all, even when I took the screw out completely. Did anybody else had this problem?

Was hoping someone could help me with my inquiry.

I changed my Mobius from its stock battery to a super capacitor, and I am unable to get any videos to save automatically on my settings. When I see it record and then stop recording, there is no video file for that session. However, when I press the power button to record, it is able to record. Since I want this as a dash cam, I was hoping to find out what the issue might be. When I switched the stock battery back in for the super capacitor, I did not have this problem.

Could it be that I need a higher power output in order to get it to work? Right now I am only testing it through a wall socket at home and USB adapter. Really hoping to figure this out. Thanks a million.

Could be your home AC USB adapter is not supplying enough amps.
Did you set it to record when powered? I set mine to both. Mines on battery.

Was hoping someone could help me with my inquiry.

I changed my Mobius from its stock battery to a super capacitor, and I am unable to get any videos to save automatically on my settings. When I see it record and then stop recording, there is no video file for that session. However, when I press the power button to record, it is able to record. Since I want this as a dash cam, I was hoping to find out what the issue might be. When I switched the stock battery back in for the super capacitor, I did not have this problem.

Could it be that I need a higher power output in order to get it to work? Right now I am only testing it through a wall socket at home and USB adapter. Really hoping to figure this out. Thanks a million.
Did you set power disconnect to immediate? If not the video won't save.

Could be your home AC USB adapter is not supplying enough amps.
Did you set it to record when powered? I set mine to both. Mines on battery.

Yes, I set it to record when powered. For some reason it works when I specifically power it on with the power button, but not when it's first externally powered. I have a higher output source coming in a few days, really hoping that's what will make the difference.

Did you set power disconnect to immediate? If not the video won't save.

This might actually be it. Let me try it out. Should I change my Power-Off standby to anything different? Thanks a million.

This might actually be it. Let me try it out. Should I change my Power-Off standby to anything different? Thanks a million.
Power off standby just means when the camera isn't recording, it will power off. What's important is Power Off Disconnect, the capacitors don't have enough power to continue running and save the file after the camera turns off, so immediate must be set or you will lose the last file.

Back