Motorcycle dash cam(Waterproof)?

This is the SJ3000 (look familiar?):

Wow, a clone of the Sony AS-10/15.

Obviously a deliberate ploy because their sj1000 is also close copy of the Liquid Ego. I suppose they just think they can con enough people to make money. Customer aftercare will probably be non-existent.

It's a shame they try to copy better quality cameras. The sj1000 seems a decent camera for the price. I was even considering buying one, but now I think I'll go for a Mobius on principal. I know from previous experience they do care about their product.

Wow, a clone of the Sony AS-10/15.

Obviously a deliberate ploy because their sj1000 is also close copy of the Liquid Ego. I suppose they just think they can con enough people to make money. Customer aftercare will probably be non-existent.

It's a shame they try to copy better quality cameras. The sj1000 seems a decent camera for the price. I was even considering buying one, but now I think I'll go for a Mobius on principal. I know from previous experience they do care about their product.

to be fair there's only so many different form factors you can use for a sport camera and if you're entering the game now you're going to look like someone else's product, refreshing to see this instead of the 100's of GoPro knockoffs that are out there, I don't even think the GoPro form factor is that great, although their huge marketing push says consumers don't care anyway

I added some test footage from mobius action cam

By the way, please note that there is no video with pin lock wich adds glare on sunny days, and you may notice that the center where the camera is pointing changes. This is due tue the fact that the camera isn't fix "hard way" as I posted before so the vertical position changes and some times I get more dash and mirrors and sometimes more upper view. The horizontal position changes as well so sometimes the videos are curved to one side.

Very nice! Any idea how it was mounted inside and all the heating comments I've heard about the mobius?

Last edited by a moderator:
Channels2
Record resolution720 x 480
Frame Rate25 fps
I'm still learning in the whole resolution specs but... isn't this just horrible? I can't find any outdoor cameras that goes beyond 720x480...

I'm still learning in the whole resolution specs but... isn't this just horrible? I can't find any outdoor cameras that goes beyond 720x480...

Correct. For some reason a lot of the dual channel or outdoor/hunting cameras are 720 at best. (and not even HD)

You also wan 30fps (Frames Per Second) 24fps is weak. 60fps DashCam models are coming out over the next few weeks as well. (more FPS the bttter for fast movement action)

There is no reason to get anything other than 1080P in 2013. (when a 1080P DashCam is under $100) You should see several new Ambarella A7 based dual channel 1080P cams out in the next few weeks/months.

1080p.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm debating waiting a bit longer to get something. Sadly, none of them are waterproof to use outside. I'm not sure the ones coming in the next few months will be either.

It's still surprised. Lots of talk on various forums for motorcycle/outside dash cameras but not many people going into it.

Alright, I've been doing A LOT OF research lately in to buying a helmet cam. So far I haven't decided anything yet but I'd like to share the things I have found with you guys.

Bullet Cams (no waterproof jacket needed for riding)

First of all, this is the thing Mio put out there, and I have to say, I like it! Loop recording, waterproof (including charging 12v and usb cable), bullet style, vibrates, light weight, 170° wide angle , 1080p and the claim it lets more light in so it should be good for night videos too... Sounds promising!
http://eu.mio.com/en_eu/mivue-m350.htm
199 euro

Next up, as mentioned before the Roadhawk ride, good thing about this one is you can hardwire it to your motorcycle. Does pretty much anything you want from a motorcycle camera, loop recording, bullet style, decent battery life (90 mins)
http://shop.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-ride-bullet-camera
179 euro

The Ion Air Pro 3 Wifi, a beast I believe, waterproof up to 15m, that's about 45 feet I think. 1080p, wifi so you can work it from your phone, they have a cloud where you can save your videos to, 12 megapixel
http://www.ioncamera.com/ion/ION-Air-Pro-3-Wi-Fi-HD-Sports-Video-Camera.html
349,99 euro

Gopro like cams

The AEE S50, like gopro but better, wifi included, 1080p, remote control, extra battery pack, g-sensor..
http://aee-en.szvi.com/center/Mini.aspx?Ftid=336
299 euro

Drift hd Ghost S, tags videos, loop mode, remote control, low light sensitivity, wifi, external mic plug, rotatable lens
http://driftinnovation.com/drift-ghost-s/
369 euro

There are so many things out there but these are the ones that stood out for me, I still haven't decided yet, I think I haven't found the right one for me, or it's not been made yet. I might pick one of these... For now the Mio is more my thing with the 1080p and waterproof charging..

Motorcycle with bicycle tachograph
Made in Taiwan FULL-HD waterproof
Welcome to wholesale agents ym061984@gmail.com

Attachments

• 車1.jpg
    車1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 29
  • 車2.jpg
    車2.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 車3.jpg
    車3.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 車4.jpg
    車4.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 34
russ331, it looks like straight-rider is in the different price range for a cam. All of those mentioned cams seems to be good as told with their pluses and minuses..

I am using the Mobius as a dashcam for my motorcycle, just waiting for the waterproof case to arrive from JooVuu. I will then place a small hole in the rear and attach my usb lead proly silicon it?
I love the fact that its just "start the bike and away it goes", hassle free from charging batteries and deleting files when the memory stick gets full..
I have also ordered the C1 and waterproof case to try that out as well, I might end up having one of them for the rear of the bike?
21ca6ph.jpg
[/IMG]
2pt85qs.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I am using the Mobius as a dashcam for my motorcycle, just waiting for the waterproof case to arrive from JooVuu. I will then place a small hole in the rear and attach my usb lead proly silicon it?
I love the fact that its just "start the bike and away it goes", hassle free from charging batteries and deleting files when the memory stick gets full..
I have also ordered the C1 and waterproof case to try that out as well, I might end up having one of them for the rear of the bike?
21ca6ph.jpg
[/IMG]
2pt85qs.jpg
[/IMG]

Good idea but aren't you afraid that people will steal it?
Maybe I'm a pessimist but bikes are usually left outside and people can be dumb.

Good idea but aren't you afraid that people will steal it?
Maybe I'm a pessimist but bikes are usually left outside and people can be dumb.

I just unplug the camera and slide it out of the holder when I arrive at work...takes 2 seconds...

I am using the Mobius as a dashcam for my motorcycle...

Doesn't high rpm engine vibration through the handlebar mount affect video quality... the RC Aircraft fans call it jello?

Having now watched the video, it doesn't appear to be a problem.

Doesn't high rpm engine vibration through the handlebar mount affect video quality... the RC Aircraft fans call it jello?

Having now watched the video, it doesn't appear to be a problem.

Yeah mate, its pretty stable only when I really get up the gears does it have a bit of jello effect but once I maintain any speed its fine.

Back