My new Mobius ..not working

Kiova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
MOBIUS
Hello All ;)

Got my new Mobius wide angle today! Im Excited ;)
[yes i had ordered it as a wide so i didnt touch any of that electrical stuff or take it apart]

1 read all structions
2. did purchase from one of the noted approved seller.
3. did charge it and installed 16 gig sandisk 4 card- formatted fat32
4. had no problems with the program to set it on my PC that was easy to understand.
and during all timeframes i have now 3 profiles.
5. got in car- plugged in seems ok- Oops not ok - took lens cap off after 5 miles.
6. next 6 miles power leds are on . record is on. yellow light is steady not flashing.
7. in house tried to do a few stills= Nothing >and a a few videos to test = Nothing !
made a profile to have cam not auto shut off and still shuts off also ...
i figured i would at least have a few minutes to grab some stills !

Problem= No Pictures No Video No files/ yes card is inserted upside down as is proper<----

Solutions= dbl checked card- went to Staples got another card in-case the Amazon seller who was So Cal?
had bad cards ? /// but havent tried it yet.

Am going out again even tho' its extremely cold here to test it again.

What could i be doing wrong? Im totally bummed but i do have a hammer just in case! Ahaha!

Thanks ever so much everyone who might offer ideas to help this old lady

Kiova

Did you format the card in the camera? Did you update the firmware when you got the camera?

Did you format the card in the camera? Did you update the firmware when you got the camera?
yes did use an external for-matter with card out of the cam [ Trendy Co] / and my firmware is V 1 1 3

Try to format the card in the camera using the GUI

ok thanks i will try it / but instructions said it doesnt always work so well / but will try it

ok thanks i will try it / but instructions said it doesnt always work so well / but will try it
no tried that ..... nothing yet

And you are using the Staples card? I would say try a fresh card and start over. @Isoprop is the man who can help more. He wrote the GUI and is very verse in these cameras. I linked him to this conversation, so due to the time difference he should respond tonight.

First of all, charge your battery at home using your PC or an external power supply. When you connect the camera it will turn on. Turn it off. The green LED should come on, maybe not immediately.
Charging takes about 2.5 hours if your battery is depleted.
When charged, disconnect/reconnect to your PC and set the default settings in the GUI and set them. The camera should automatically "safely remove" itself. Now disconnect it.
Turn it on and wait about 5 seconds until the yellow LED turns on. Press the shutter button. Does the yellow LED blink? It should. Press the shutter button to stop the recording. If the yellow LED doesn't blink, what LEDs are lit and how?
If the yellow LED blinked as it should have done you should have a video recording on your card.
BTW, the in-camera formatter integrated in the GUI is THE recommended method to format your card. The only other formatter you should use is SDFormatter, but that is a definite second choice.

Hi

did all the above.
1. when i remove cam from the PC. and turn it on i have the yellow led is lit and is solid and NOT blinking at all
, i press the shutter to record and the yellow stays lit constant with the red led lit as well.
I reformatted using the GUI, set it to defaults. = still the card is empty .

OMG im so happy. !

I had gone to Staples and got a new sandisk 16 G 4 card.
I loaded it / formatted it with GUI and I am ecstatic to report the camera
IS now functioning normally! i will test drive it in car later.
But i have clips and stills that are very nice from here in the house.

>> so these 2 /16 G 4 cards that i had bought on Amazon from seller
SoCal Trade in Pasadena CA . are not working in the camera for whatever
reason i do not know. so i guess even if they say the cards are brand name
could this be a lie? I will be contacting them today.

Thanks every one so much for helping.

now on to find out what is a best player to load and edit vid clips
for you tube !

Kiova

Hi

did all the above.
1. when i remove cam from the PC. and turn it on i have the yellow led is lit and is solid and NOT blinking at all
, i press the shutter to record and the yellow stays lit constant with the red led lit as well.
I reformatted using the GUI, set it to defaults. = still the card is empty .
It's good to hear your camera is working! :D
There should be NO PROBLEM with class 4 cards! I have many Sandisk class 4 and they work perfectly.
If you have a card reader you could test them with h2testw. You may even be able to do so using the Mobius connected as an external drive.
The test won't tell you if your cards are genuine, but it will tell you if they are the correct capacity. If the test fails, then the cards are almost certainly fakes.

Congratulations! Glad it worked. Ya a lot of problems are based on cheap SD cards from iffy sellers that are fakes. Sometimes it doesn't pay to save a buck. Mobius owners know the benefits of getting the real thing :D

It's good to hear your camera is working! :D
There should be NO PROBLEM with class 4 cards! I have many Sandisk class 4 and they work perfectly.
If you have a card reader you could test them with h2testw. You may even be able to do so using the Mobius connected as an external drive.
The test won't tell you if your cards are genuine, but it will tell you if they are the correct capacity. If the test fails, then the cards are almost certainly fakes.

GJHS and isoprop,

I've followed this thread, hoping for a solution, but all of the above did not result in a solution for me, although Kiova and I appear to have the same problem.

Got my new Mobius ActionCam Standard a couple of days ago and I have yet to see a single recorded file. It seems strange that everything works as advertised but it will not record.

I'm using a 32Gb SanDisk Class 10 from my camera. It's never been an issue

I've reformatted the card using the Mobius and the SetUp.exe

I've used the Start and Mode buttons to create a .txt file with the settings. The file contents are the same as those I set up using the SetUp App

This afternoon, after a full charge, I started the camera using the power button...no USB power source. The yellow light staid on along with the red led on the back. I just let it run until the camera shut down by itself, thinking that was the only thing I hadn't tried. The heat sinks did get hot so I would have expected to see video. Still no video files. However, each time I have started the camera after a reformat, the camera creates a DCIM/100HDDVR folder(s) but no files. AND, the .txt file created by the camera dose record on the SD card.

The webcam also functions so it's not the lack of video.

Should I still assume that, based on the above info for Kiova, that I'm using a bad SD card?

Any help would be appreciated. Like Kiova I'm excited to have the Mobius, and based on the Techmoan reviews, I think I've made the right decision but I'm sure frustrated.

I've included a screen shot of the setup I'm using.

Regards,
Steve
iMac using VMWare, SetUp.exe, and the beta mobiusGIU.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 7.24.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 7.24.25 PM.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 12
Ok, lets see. Have you tried another SD card? You could test the card using h2testw, yet the camera has been know to have trouble with the SanDisk Class 10 cards. The most reliable cards are the SanDisk Class 4 cards or any other class 4 for that matter. I would start there and hopefully that works.
I would also try using the Windows GUI and formatting the card there, since the Mac version is beta.

Last edited:
... the camera has been know to have trouble with the SanDisk Class 10 cards...

I keep seeing that posted - but who has actually had problems? A quick search only shows up one person, with another mentioning them causing problems in a different brand camera (not the Mobius.)

I'm using 3 Mobius with 3 Sandisk Class 10 UHS1 cards - with no problems on any of them.

Ok, lets see. Have you tried another SD card? You could test the card using h2testw, yet the camera has been know to have trouble with the SanDisk Class 10 cards. The most reliable cards are the SanDisk Class 4 cards or any other class 4 for that matter. I would start there and hopefully that works.
I would also try using the Windows GUI and formatting the card there, since the Mac version is beta.

Well, it appears you are correct. I bought the Sandisk 32gb card from Costco so I doubt it is counterfeit. That said, I dug out an old class nothing 4gb PNY card and it worked. So I suspect the issue has more to do with cards in general and getting one that works is probably a crap shoot.

Thanks for your help...problem Solved!
Steve

Back