My new Mobius ..not working

I was mooching around on one of the MP3 sample sites (Sounddogs, I think it was) ages ago. She has a slight German accent, but I really like her. She is like my Star Trek computer voice, consistent across my PCs. :D

I've added my notes about mini-USB cables to the support thread. :)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum so please accept my apologies if I'm not posting this in the right place or in the right way.

I would like to say that my Mobius stopped working after I applied the latest firmware version to it (i.e. v2.41). It has exactly the same symptoms presented in this movie:
. It worked just fine as a dash cam for almost 3 years with a Sony SD card 16Gb Class 10 formatted FAT32 (same card works just fine in another Mobius with the latest Firmware version).
I reset the camera with a paper clip introduced in that small hole in the back of the camera, I have fully charged the battery (I charged it overnight). I downgraded the firmware to all available versions out there. I tried several other SD cards from Class 4 to Class 10 and from 4Gb to 32 Gb, different vendors (including those suggested in this thread), I formatted the cards in all the possible ways from GUI to SDformater, full format in Windows, I checked all the cards with H2test...all the cards work fine in another Mobius or other device but not in my Mobius. I can take pictures, I can use it as a Webcam but it refuses to record. I have tried to change all the settings in all the possible combinations (including default values), I tried all the advises found in this thread and on other forums on the Internet=>no success - it refuses to record.

So I ended up writing this message asking for some help/advice. Is there anything else that I can try to do in order to fix it (and not with a big hammer:))? Any idea is much appreciated. Otherwise, R.I.P

Kind regards,
Catalin

have you opened it up and had a look at the battery to see what it looks like physically, 3 years is a long time for this battery, if the battery is starting to fail it can cause erratic behavior

quite surprised a 16GB card is still ok after this amount of time also, it would have had quite a few overwrites in 3 years I'm sure

Hi jokiin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The battery is a little bit swollen. Do you think that this is the reason why it's not recording (at all)? As I mentioned, it works fine as a webcam or to take pictures. If this might be the reason, then I'll order a new one and see how it goes.

As for the SD card, yes, it still works...:)

Regards,
Catalin

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum so please accept my apologies if I'm not posting this in the right place or in the right way.

I would like to say that my Mobius stopped working after I applied the latest firmware version to it (i.e. v2.41). It has exactly the same symptoms presented in this movie:
. It worked just fine as a dash cam for almost 3 years with a Sony SD card 16Gb Class 10 formatted FAT32 (same card works just fine in another Mobius with the latest Firmware version).
I reset the camera with a paper clip introduced in that small hole in the back of the camera, I have fully charged the battery (I charged it overnight). I downgraded the firmware to all available versions out there. I tried several other SD cards from Class 4 to Class 10 and from 4Gb to 32 Gb, different vendors (including those suggested in this thread), I formatted the cards in all the possible ways from GUI to SDformater, full format in Windows, I checked all the cards with H2test...all the cards work fine in another Mobius or other device but not in my Mobius. I can take pictures, I can use it as a Webcam but it refuses to record. I have tried to change all the settings in all the possible combinations (including default values), I tried all the advises found in this thread and on other forums on the Internet=>no success - it refuses to record.

So I ended up writing this message asking for some help/advice. Is there anything else that I can try to do in order to fix it (and not with a big hammer:))? Any idea is much appreciated. Otherwise, R.I.P

Kind regards,
Catalin
with battery, 3 year is a very long life. I think it's time for you to change with capacitor.

Last edited:
Will do. I will come back with updates in a month or so when I will receive the capacitor.

Many thanks for your help.

All the best,
Catalin

Will do. I will come back with updates in a month or so when I will receive the capacitor.

Many thanks for your help.

All the best,
Catalin
If you have another mobius, try to exchange battery and see the result.
If the battery is fail, then better to change it with capacitor if you use mobius as dashcam.

Hello everyone,

I would like to say that my Mobius stopped working ...

Welcome to DCT. I would try as many cards as you have access to ... cannot have too many ...

bf29db34e8c19d3e8400d9db67193bfd.jpg

I would also remove the internal battery & try powering Mobius from a smartphone or tablet or USB wall charger. If that works, temporarily remove the battery from the 'good' Mobius & install it in the 'faulty' one. If that works, order a new battery or capacitor kit. Good luck.

Back