My new Mobius ..not working

I've had 2 Sandisk 32 Gig cards (Class 10 & Class 4) stop working in an Android phone in the last year and got warranty replacements directly from Sandisk for both. Of the 2 cards they sent me, the Class 10 UHS-1 does not work in a GT300W using LS300W FW (memory error) yet the Class 4 works fine. Can't be a fake so must be the camera.

@murcod me too, the card in mine is a SanDisk class 10 and so far so good though many people in the RC support group have listed it as a problem http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

@GrayGhost that's great, glad I could help. Have fun with your new camera!
I have so many 32GB cards but unfortunately they all work. Even the latest Sandisk class 10. But there definitely is a problem with some Sandisk class 10.
However, over the weekend I did manage to create a 'problem' with one of my Sandisk class 10 cards using an external card reader. Actually, I was testing for something completely different! All I did was move 8 Mobius test files (total ~32GB) from my hard drive to a freshly formatted card. Then I realized my mistake. I created the proper DCIM folder and dragged the 8 files to the correct folder. Afterwards, my card was no longer recognized! So, I put it in the Mobius. Turned on the Mobius, so far so good. Pressed the shutter button and got a single yellow blink. Wow, I had a corrupted card! I tried corrupting another card, but no luck! Anyway, I now believe that some controllers used in some Sandisks are buggy.
FWIW I had an awful lot of trouble getting the card recognized so i could reformat it. In fact I had to restore a backup Win7 'image' which was clean of any USB drivers (vanilla installation). What I forgot to try was in-camera formatting - it may have saved me a lot of time. My cards are all genuine.
The morel of the story: Steer away from Sandisk class 10!

If every store stopped selling a product because one 0f the items was defected, the stores would be empty.
Defects happen.
Btw i think Sandisk gives lifetime warranty.
I had nothing but good experiance with Sandisk so far.
That said i heard Transcend is also pretty good.

Hi All ;)
JUST a lil note that Sandisk does stand behind thier cards for 1 yr! i was pleased to find that when i called them
and had explained that i had got my cards from So Cal on Amazon that didnt work . they immediately sent me a UPS label = so i had to pay no shipping, and they will replace those cards to me at no cost!!
I did contact SoCal and they wanted to charge me shipping both ways. and a re stocking fee on top of that.
I was rather outraged by that and called Sandisk customer service. They were extremely pleasant to deal with
and Oh what a relief to have that kind of support ....... I a,m pleased. I dod buy a sandisk at staples until the others arrive here and It works just fine..... i did format with the Mobius software. So all i have to rember is to take the lens cap off! :0 Kiova

Hi All ;)
JUST a lil note that Sandisk does stand behind thier cards for 1 yr! i was pleased to find that when i called them
and had explained that i had got my cards from So Cal on Amazon that didnt work . they immediately sent me a UPS label = so i had to pay no shipping, and they will replace those cards to me at no cost!!
I did contact SoCal and they wanted to charge me shipping both ways. and a re stocking fee on top of that.
I was rather outraged by that and called Sandisk customer service. They were extremely pleasant to deal with
and Oh what a relief to have that kind of support ....... I a,m pleased. I dod buy a sandisk at staples until the others arrive here and It works just fine..... i did format with the Mobius software. So all i have to rember is to take the lens cap off! :0 Kiova
Let's start a group calling for the creation of clear lens caps :p

I have so many 32GB cards but unfortunately they all work. Even the latest Sandisk class 10. But there definitely is a problem with some Sandisk class 10.
However, over the weekend I did manage to create a 'problem' with one of my Sandisk class 10 cards using an external card reader. Actually, I was testing for something completely different! All I did was move 8 Mobius test files (total ~32GB) from my hard drive to a freshly formatted card. Then I realized my mistake. I created the proper DCIM folder and dragged the 8 files to the correct folder. Afterwards, my card was no longer recognized! So, I put it in the Mobius. Turned on the Mobius, so far so good. Pressed the shutter button and got a single yellow blink. Wow, I had a corrupted card! I tried corrupting another card, but no luck! Anyway, I now believe that some controllers used in some Sandisks are buggy.
FWIW I had an awful lot of trouble getting the card recognized so i could reformat it. In fact I had to restore a backup Win7 'image' which was clean of any USB drivers (vanilla installation). What I forgot to try was in-camera formatting - it may have saved me a lot of time. My cards are all genuine.
The morel of the story: Steer away from Sandisk class 10!
I have spent a good few hours trying to work out what on earth is going on with my Mobius until I found this thread. I can confirm that the 32GB Sandisk Class 10 (red and grey) micro SD cards are not liked by my Mobius. I've tried 3 and none worked. Nor did a lot of my micro SD cards, to the point when I thought my Mobius was faulty. I have found an old 16 gig Sandisk class 4 that does, but I've spent a "fun" afternoon with my new Mobius resisting the urge to have a major fit and start smashing things up. :mad:

I'm happy to report that with the right micro SD card my Mobius seems to work exactly as the instructions say it should. Which is nice. :)

Last edited:
I have used the same red and gray SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 cards (purchased from Amazon) exclusively in both of my Mobius cams with consistently flawless results. I use one in my GT300W as well, also with no problems.

I wonder what the explanation could be that some of us have such trouble with the same cards in the same devices and some of us don't.

I have used the same red and gray SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 cards (purchased from Amazon) exclusively in both of my Mobius cams with consistently flawless results. I use one in my GT300W as well, also with no problems.

I wonder what the explanation could be that some of us have such trouble with the same cards in the same devices and some of us don't.
I sourced my Sandisk cards from MyMemory, which I thought were a reputable company. I have no idea what the issue is, though I suspect it is possibly not a single issue. There are possibly tolerances in the manufacturing of both the memory cards and the Mobius that when combined mean the two don't work together. It might be that some Mobius are more tolerant of memory card variations than others. To be honest, I just made that up, but it sounds vaguely plausible. ;)

I don't know, especially when a replacement card comes directly from Sandisk and doesn't work in a GT300W

I like the last one best :)

I sourced my Sandisk cards from MyMemory, which I thought were a reputable company. I have no idea what the issue is, though I suspect it is possibly not a single issue. There are possibly tolerances in the manufacturing of both the memory cards and the Mobius that when combined mean the two don't work together. It might be that some Mobius are more tolerant of memory card variations than others. To be honest, I just made that up, but it sounds vaguely plausible. ;)
I most likely have about 50 different cards and they all work perfectly in the Mobius. I'm still trying to find one that doesn't ;)
However, I can assure you that the same card, but not physically the same, may not perform in the same way. Some time ago I made some tests with a #18 and found about a dozen cards that didn't work correctly. However, an almost identically marked card (same brand, same capacity, same class but different batch number) would work normally. So cards are definitely not cards! The current card issues can only be corrected by the DSP manufacturer. Since the Mobius developer has a good relationship with the chip manufacturer I'm sure the issue will be corrected once the developer/chip manufacturer can get their hands on one of these problematic cards. The #16 had a similar issue about 2 years ago. It took a few months to solve.The same issue with the #18 (different developer) is still not solved today, unfortunately.

I keep seeing that posted - but who has actually had problems? A quick search only shows up one person, with another mentioning them causing problems in a different brand camera (not the Mobius.)

I'm using 3 Mobius with 3 Sandisk Class 10 UHS1 cards - with no problems on any of them.

I had a class 10 "Ultra" card that didn't seem to be working for video although stills were working OK. But after returning that SD card and using another it seems to work OK. It doesn't seem logical and I'm tempted to try another Sandisk Class 10 Ultra again, but don't want to shell out the money.

Ill chime in saying im using a 32GB Patriot HC class 10 sd card.
Didn't have any problem with it in the 5 month i used it in the mobius.

I'll Chime in ;)

Machines= Mobius is of a female personality
micro SD's are a male counterpart= even smart & logical dont always match o_O :confused: :p

I've ordered a Transcend 32gig (Transcend TS32GUSDHC10 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card) so I'll see how I get on with that. Worst case is I'll have to make do with the 16gig I'm presently using, though that's not ideal.
Well the Transcend arrived and didn't work. But I recalled I'd seen the Android "LOST,DIR" folder on my working uSD card. So I mounted the Transcend on my phone and had this directory appear automatically. I then read the uSD on my PC via a reader. I then plugged it into my mobius and connected to and disconnected from my PC a few times and eventually it appeared as a drive. So I now have a working 32gig card, which I'm happy about.

I can't help but think there's some sort of "knack" to getting the Mobius to work with memory cards that I seem to lack. :confused:

Ah ha! More info. So I wanted to fit my new super cap, but first I wanted to check my Mobius was talking to my PC, as I'm cautious like that. I couldn't get it to talk. :mad: Now I know it works, it's been working just fine. So I went through my different mini-usb cables and found that different cables did different things with my Mobius. I have different mount/dismount noises on my PC. (A female voice saying "I'm ready" and "Thank you", respectively, since you wondered. It freaks out people when they first hear it. ;) ) Anyway, I got all kinds of random mount/dismount noises with some cables, so I think the cables may be a variable too.
Anyway I found a cable that worked okay, did my work, checked it still worked, updated the firmware, checked it still worked, formatted my new Integral 64GB card on my PC and checked it was found on the Mobius then formatted it in the Mobius. Yay! :)

A bit of a faff, but hopefully with the new firmware, the memory card issues will no longer be issues. I reckon it's worth having a few data cables to try on uncooperative Mobius units, though.

Ah ha! More info. So I wanted to fit my new super cap, but first I wanted to check my Mobius was talking to my PC, as I'm cautious like that. I couldn't get it to talk. :mad: Now I know it works, it's been working just fine. So I went through my different mini-usb cables and found that different cables did different things with my Mobius. I have different mount/dismount noises on my PC. (A female voice saying "I'm ready" and "Thank you", respectively, since you wondered. It freaks out people when they first hear it. ;) ) Anyway, I got all kinds of random mount/dismount noises with some cables, so I think the cables may be a variable too.
Anyway I found a cable that worked okay, did my work, checked it still worked, updated the firmware, checked it still worked, formatted my new Integral 64GB card on my PC and checked it was found on the Mobius then formatted it in the Mobius. Yay! :)

A bit of a faff, but hopefully with the new firmware, the memory card issues will no longer be issues. I reckon it's worth having a few data cables to try on uncooperative Mobius units, though.
Yes, it's been said many times that the supplied USB data cable gets wonky easily. Great post, maybe you can add it to the Support thread. It's useful info

Haha What file did you have to change to get the voice prompt?

Back