nanoQ 0903

People tend to prefer that products they purchase be more or less perfected before they purchase them.

Last edited:
product itself is ready with completed firmware.
New products should be perfected gradually, thanks.

I have read the manual.
Is the "optional Parking Guard hard wire "available?
Has Parking Guard been tested and found to be working properly?

The parking guard cable will be available after Chinese New Year.
Holiday starts 30th Jan -15th Feb.

Testing passed and work properly!

New products should be perfected gradually, thanks.

Personally the new products I develop are perfected during alpha & beta prototype runs. At production they are ready go and conform to all specs listed.
My 0803 required a few modifications to get it working the way I expected it to from the factory. I really wanted to replace it (and still do) but the 0806 was just more of the same if not worst.
The above comment does not instill confidence in the 0903 for me. I'll wait and see with the 0903 again, or just get the Mobius II when it's ready. My rear mounted Mobius has worked as expected since purchase without ever having any issues let alone requiring custom modifications.

The parking guard cable will be available after Chinese New Year.
Holiday starts 30th Jan -15th Feb.

Testing passed and work properly!

Thank you Lili Yang.

How about the OBD power cable shown on the accessories page of the manual.
Is its purpose simply to power the camera from the OBD port, or does it have other functions as well?
Is it available at this time?

I saw the announcement that the first batch is now available

I saw the announcement that the first batch is now available
First batch orders should be with resellers now. Hardwire kits however just missed the holiday so will be shipping after CNY Holiday.

I saw some page already sell 0903. Is anyone have vid made by 0903 ? Can you post them ?

Not long to wait for the general public to buy the 0903 nano maybe next week they will be ready to ship.

nanoq 0903 costs as 2 xiaomi yi car and xiaomi yi car support 1080p@60 and 2k resolution (that is 44% more pixel). Excellent night footage and wifi to share video with your app. So I think nanoq 0903 is too expensive just now ...

Also consider first batch of mini 0806 and mini 0826 were full of bugs and problem, so no warranty 0903 is ok. Also consider this is a minor version, nanoq 0903 plus (next version) will support also 1080@60 and will use ambarella chipset

I just bought the Mini 0903 NanoQ from Amazon that had a defective GPS connector. The problem is that after connecting the dash cam with the GPS connector it would not come off. It stops about half the way out of the connection and will not come off without forcing it apart. The reason for this is that the 3 metal connectors on the GPS housing are inset and not flush with the top surface of the plastic housing which creates a lip that catches the 3 pins on the dash cam connector when you try to take it apart. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Here is a picture of the GPS Connector. I have circled the location where the dash cam pins get caught by the plastic lip.

Attachments

• Mini 0903 nanoq GPS Connector.JPG
    Mini 0903 nanoq GPS Connector.JPG
    789 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
sure it's defective, looks like it has been made that way

has that been damaged getting it off or was the finish just rough like that?

iCodeHead, Thanks for being a NanoQ early adopter.

Have you figured out why they have a external cable routed around the GPS mount? Cable seems silly with the pin connector bayonet type mount. Maybe you can re-route the cable and provide a connector directly to the camera.

jokiin, I think the high magnification makes this look rough but I don't notice anything odd looking at it normally. What ever marks are on it was the result of QA testing and also when I disconnected the connectors. I am sure that the plastic lip is the cause of the disconnection issue.

borland, The nanoq comes with an extra GoPro mount which is the reason for the USB power connection directly on the nanoq. If you use the GPS mount then it is powered from the USB on the GPS housing.

I live in Arizona and have waited for a super capacitor mini dash cam for over a year. The nanoq is a really great dash cam and this one would work fine as long as I didn't need to disconnect it. I intend to use my nanoq on separate cars using the extra GoPro mount which make this disconnection issue such a problem for me. This is such a bummer.

I should also mention that the 2 connectors do not securely lock together as I would hope. This one is loose and easily falls out especially the extra GoPro mount. I'm afraid that a hard bump could cause the nanoq to fall off.

Can anyone that has a mini 0903 nanoq tell me if there GPS connector has a high plastic lip like this one and if so does it get stuck when you disconnect it?
I appreciate your help.

Last edited:
jokiin, I think the high magnification makes this look rough but I don't notice anything odd looking at it normally. What ever marks are on it was the result of QA testing and also when I disconnected the connectors. I am sure that the plastic lip is the cause of the disconnection issue.

borland, The nanoq comes with an extra GoPro mount which is the reason for the USB power connection directly on the nanoq. If you use the GPS mount then it is powered from the USB on the GPS housing.

I live in Arizona and have waited for a super capacitor mini dash cam for over a year. The nanoq is a really great dash cam and this one would work fine as long as I didn't need to disconnect it. I intend to use my nanoq on separate cars using the extra GoPro mount which make this disconnection issue a such a problem for me. This is such a bummer.

Can anyone that has a mini 0903 nanoq tell me if there GPS connector has a high plastic lip like this one and if so does it get stuck when you disconnect it?
I appreciate your help.

I have looked at 3 and this is how they look out of the box. This particular mount has been in use. in and out of the bracket only about six times. Not the best image but the connectors sit flush and not indented like yours. I also find it hard to mount and unmount from the GPS bracket but on mine it is because of the clip on the camera, not the GPS connectors.

IMG_Q 1.gif

Wow! Thank you so much for your reply. Even from the blurry picture I can see that the pins on the GPS connector are flush, which means I can expect the next mini 0903 nanoq I order will hopefully not have this issue. Thanks again for your help.

I appreciate your help.
Mine is about identical, the pins are springy and should move inwards to allow it to slide out, the ridge does stop it from falling out but shouldn't take much force. Are your pins OK?

Is that a prototype mount? They were going to do some redesign to make it lock in place more securely.

Nigel, It may be a prototype of some sort but not an improvement in my opinion. It doesn't lock in-place like it should. It is somewhat snug but could fall off.
I had not thought about the pins being damage because the dash cam works fine but now that I look at it I can see the pins look flat like they have been squashed together. Thanks for the reply

Nigel, It may be a prototype of some sort but not an improvement in my opinion. It doesn't lock in-place like it should. It is somewhat snug but could fall off.
I had not thought about the pins being damage because the dash cam works fine but now that I look at it I can see the pins look flat like they have been squashed together. Thanks for the reply
My pins are not round, they are more like springs, the important bit is that if you slide your fingernail over them then they should press in and move out of the way instead of catching on the ridge.

Back