Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How funny, now Gearbest wants to talk since you're complaining in public. I'm requesting a refund this very moment because my mini 0805 stopped working after approximately 30 days. Customer support was nonexistent. I'm glad that I paid through paypal. Hopefully I'll get all my money back. Never buying from them again. Stay away.

Oh dear not good to hear of some negative experiences that's put me right off buying from them.
Hope you's managed to get a positive outcome?

I'm requesting a refund this very moment because my mini 0805 stopped working after approximately 30 days. .
Bad choice 1- buy from overseas
2- most unreliable, inconsistent dashCam ever on this forum...
Clever retailers stopped selling those
Rest as support problem... well, you expect to have paid half or less price for stated quality of recording cam and not to have risk of being disappointed? it is not easy for retailers too, if they sell big quantities of vast variety of products, where they can not physically control uncontrollable factors.
And, yes, I agree, I would only buy from overseas, if it is not available locally at reasonable price.

[Notification]

We celebrate Chinese New Year Festival from Feb 6 to Feb 13.

To compensate possible delays we offer even better prices in every category.

Local Warehouse continue to work normally.

Oh dear not good to hear of some negative experiences that's put me right off buying from them.
Hope you's managed to get a positive outcome?
Well, As of right now PayPal is trying to force me to ship the camera back to China at a cost of $22.75 to me. I'll never buy from GearBest again. They shipped me a package from Staten Island, NY, and I have to send returns to China? Something is wrong with this picture.

Well, As of right now PayPal is trying to force me to ship the camera back to China at a cost of $22.75 to me. I'll never buy from GearBest again. They shipped me a package from Staten Island, NY, and I have to send returns to China? Something is wrong with this picture.

unfortunate that you get the impression of local support because it ships from a local warehouse but sadly not the case

unfortunate that you get the impression of local support because it ships from a local warehouse but sadly not the case
That's exactly right! There's nothing local about them, and they didn't care one bit that the camera didn't work. They asked for pictures and video of the issue with the camera. How am I supposed to take video of a camera malfunctioning while I'm driving?

As far as things go with PayPal... After escalating to a manager at PayPal, they offered a courtesy credit for the full purchase price of the product without me having to return the camera. They made sure to note that this is not normal procedure for them, and that buyers are normally required to return the product to the seller. At this point, the dashcam will be going in the trash, and I'll never buy from GearBest again.

Restocking fees are legitimate IF AND ONLY IF you're returning a product that works perfectly fine but you just don't like it. When a seller receives such an item they can "restock" it for sale but it needs to be sold as an "open box" item at a discount. However, restocking fees should NEVER apply to defective products because they can't be restocked. In fact any decent seller interested in retaining customers won't charge a restocking fee even if you just don't like something and decide to return it.

I had to return two SJCam cameras to B&H Photo Video (a bricks-and-clicks retailer located in New York) because they were defective - no questions from B&H on those. I later bought a substantial number of items from them for Christmas gifts for my sister. About a half dozen of those had to be returned because she already had them. As long as the item was in like-new condition and I retained the original packaging (yes to both in my case) B&H took them back with no questions asked and no restocking fees. They even paid for the return shipping. I ALWAYS recommend B&H because of their excellent customer service, no-questions-asked return policy and competitive if not rock-bottom prices. All retailers could learn a lesson from B&H.

What are you talking about? It is very good site, and one negative experience not says about overall quality. I purchased on gearbest powerfull phablet Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal memory - and all is excellent! Shipped very fast, support answer to all of my questions, phone is very good and without any damages or scratches. I order it Apr 6, and get in 2 weeks - order number was WB1604060859488568. I recommend it to all of my friends and colleagues!

Hi there, thanks for your kind comment! Hope you enjoy shopping in Gearbest.

Really don't understand, how you can problems with GB. All answers or doubts you can solve before purchasing with support. There clever men who know all about items and shipping, and they helps with ordering and purchasing. I take order there, number W1512021041373308 - it was shipped very fast, next day after purchasing, and before purchase I ask few questions about shipping and item, support answer to me very fast - so no any problems there, I'll take in Gearbest my new phone.

You want free returns, buy locally.
Any seller, whether local or in China, need product back and you have to send it.
It's same case whether you buy from gearbest or aliexpress or alibaba or blah blah...
It's privilege that few sellers pay return shipping but in most cases we have to pay it.
I had to pay return shipping for ebay/amazon returns in US as well as well as to China on my own.
Restocking fee for defective under warranty items should not be there though.
Also why would anyone buy a camera like the mini 0806, 0805 etc... that has so many problems in many review threads.
At least research little bit on the model one is interested.
Chinese retailers have great prices but you can't knock their doors like B&H due to few big ponds in between so buy a model that has great reviews and chances of getting bad unit is less.
Or pay few extra bucks and buy from local stores that you can walk into or buy from amazon. For prime members, it's free return shipping and most sellers pay return if item is defective even for non prime members.

I guess two new sign ups from Kazakhstan means the service to there is great ;)
I noticed that as well. One purchased a phone and the other didn't say what they purchased. Wonder how they found DCT? :rolleyes:

I guess two new sign ups from Kazakhstan means the service to there is great ;)

Furthermore they joined yesterday just to post these messages. That's what I call timing.

I was considering a buying a cam from Gearbest and found this forum. I like to be warned of both good and bad experiences, so here are my 5 cents...
The last product I bought from Gearbest was an iPad cover. It was shipped from China (I believe) in a padded package to Portugal.
It took about three weeks to arrive. This was amongst announced time for delivery because I selected free shipping. Previous orders have taken anywhere from 15 to 45 days to arrive.
So far I've bought 10+ products. Anything from Apple accessories to a cell phone, and so far everything arrived alright. I was a bit concerned when I ordered the cell phone because it was a more expensive item, but it was probably the fasted one to arrive in about 15 days.
I've received one product that did not work properly (a lightning cable for my iPhpne) and upon reporting to the site I was offered the choice of returning the product for exchange or getting a reimburse (chose the second because I needed a cable fast to replace a broken one).
All in all I'm very pleased with the experience so far. If I have a egative experience in the future I'll try to remember to get back to this thread and coment on it.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back