Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
try finding someone to review their warranty issues, that's far more revealing, yes goods get delivered, that has never been a question and needs no review
nah, I'm good! :P
Anything of potential need of warranty- I wouldn't buy from them ;)

Clearly it has been on the mind of many, but without proof of each inrfigment of posting rules for the ban....
Best would be to delete or lock these spammy thread ('s)?
Enough is enough already ;)

The admin has looked at these already and they have all been unique IP addresses from the countries as specified so nothing to suggest that someone is faking the posts, there's no reasonable explanation as to why buyers of totally unrelated products would sign up here just to post a review of their buying experience, so does it add any credibility, hard to believe it does

Are buyers being provided some direction of where to post, what incentive is offered for posting a review, who knows, does seem extraordinary to think all these buyers just come here of their own accord

If there's some explanation I'd love to hear it

The admin has looked at these already and they have all been unique IP addresses from the countries as specified so nothing to suggest that someone is faking the posts, there's no reasonable explanation as to why buyers of totally unrelated products would sign up here just to post a review of their buying experience, so does it add any credibility, hard to believe it does

Are buyers being provided some direction of where to post, what incentive is offered for posting a review, who knows, does seem extraordinary to think all these buyers just come here of their own accord

If there's some explanation I'd love to hear it
For one, the way it is written one, two persona, with poor english skills, may even be using translator- observation;)

IP's mean almost nothing to semiprofessional troll('s) to change. Unless yo go trolling after trolls and check history for where and what they post...yawn...
Also mobile internet poster don't even get static IP to have to change...

As for this board, if GearB isn't behind it, as in "promotion", would be sensible to delete irrelevant garbage, as tbh, anybody can see that such "praise" indicates Dodgy business and works as warning not upraisal.

For one, the way it is written one, two persona, with poor english skills, may even be using translator- observation;)

IP's mean almost nothing to semiprofessional troll('s) to change. Unless yo go trolling after trolls and check history for where and what they post...yawn...
Also mobile internet poster don't even get static IP to have to change...

As for this board, if GearB isn't behind it, as in "promotion", would be sensible to delete irrelevant garbage, as tbh, anybody can see that such "praise" indicates Dodgy business and works as warning not upraisal.

I'm with you as far as how legitimate they look, the admin has checked it out so what more can you do, the reality is I think it's having the complete opposite effect to what is probably desired so I'm not sure it's all bad, grab your popcorn and sit back and watch I guess :p

I'm with you as far as how legitimate they look, the admin has checked it out so what more can you do, the reality is I think it's having the complete opposite effect to what is probably desired so I'm not sure it's all bad, grab your popcorn and sit back and watch I guess :p
+1 :D

The various order numbers or any other URL they post doesn't have some sort of embedded affiliate code? I'm just curious if these are pay per click or lead 'affiliates' who are getting some sort of commission, with the spamming not directly sanctioned/encouraged by GB, but possibly resulting in some $$?
I see the same stuff on my youtube channel. Comments totally unrelated to the content, but plugging some stuff at GB, with a url.

gearbest.com

Best Excellent online shopping store for me

I purchased many items for example orders

- W1604041145019337 Apr 05 , 2016
-W1604041059038260 Apr 04 , 2016
-W1508291429259357 Aug 30 , 2015

and it is a great site, because it has low prices they accept paypal, shipping is fast with good package and tracking number. I reccomend this site for every one .

logical place to add a review :rolleyes: https://safeweb.norton.com/reviews/310221

just thought to google the order number and see where else they come up, some come up in more than a few places, there's obviously some incentive in place to get people adding these reviews

just thought to google the order number and see where else they come up, some come up in more than a few places, there's obviously some incentive in place to get people adding these reviews
This is consistent with the methods I've seen used by vendors on photography forums. Typically $5 in store credit for each post up to a maximum of some sort. This confirmed by the customers posting the reviews (and getting the credit) but yet the tactic still denied by the retailer in question.

This is consistent with the methods I've seen used by vendors on photography forums. Typically $5 in store credit for each post up to a maximum of some sort. This confirmed by the customers posting the reviews (and getting the credit) but yet the tactic still denied by the retailer in question.

I have no doubt that there is something similar in place in this situation, just serves as a warning of what you're dealing with I guess

Hey, where can I sign up with Gearbest for these incentives? Seems like easy money! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back