Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the catch is you get credit to your 'Gearbest wallet' for your next purchase

That sounds "Very Prefect"! :D

Actually, on a more serious note, I see that someone out there on a forum is claiming that, "Gearbest is passing your email address to third parties, who're using them for spamming purposes. Maybe some other data as well". (No proof but a unique email to register with Gearbest suggested so.)

That sounds "Very Prefect"! :D

Actually, on a more serious note, I see that someone out there on a forum is claiming that, "Gearbest is passing your email address to third parties, who're using them for spamming purposes. Maybe some other data as well". (No proof but a unique email to register with Gearbest suggested so.)

sharing customer databases happens a bit in China so it's plausible

Good store Gearbest. I bought powerfull tablet Chuwi HI10. All good - fast delivery, works good. No problems with my order.

Interesting because 3 times in this thread alone GearBest has claimed they don't know who these people are and that GearBest does not pay for reviews. Could it be that GearBest is lying? :eek:

First of all, we don't know these new signed up members. I'm as curious as you are. I think they just want to share and discuss their experience with you guys just the same as this thread opener who is a new member, too. I think they did not do it only to say good things about us.

Secondly, if you guy have any suggestion to Gearbest, please speak out your mind. We are trying to improve our service step by step to meet our customers' needs. Hope you can give us some inclusion. Thank you all!

If you need any help with a product or price, pls just PM me and I will try my best to help :)

I think we don't need to make to much explanation. It's been two years from Gearbest was founded in 2014, and we have become a website that has 64.6 million monthly clicks. It definitely can't achieved by buying fake accounts or positive comments. Yes, we have some issues like other cross-border online retailers, such as products, delivery, payment, and site experience, etc. Although we are working hard to make improvements, we are not perfect yet. We still need to spare no efforts to fulfill these goals. And this is the reason why I, the representative of Gearbest, am here. If you have any question, you can contact me and I'll try my best to help you. Please just @GearBest or email me via Fiona@gearbest.com.

"The more these new members join touting how great Gearbest is the worse it looks for Gearbest." I feel the same way as you, so can I suspect they are sent by our competitors?:confused:

It's only been two years from Gearbest was founded in 2014, and we have become a website that has 64.6 million monthly clicks. It definitely can't achieved by buying fake accounts or positive comments. Yes, we have some issues like other cross-border online retailers, such as products, delivery, payment, and site experience, etc. Although we are working hard to make improvements, we are not perfect yet. We still need to spare no efforts to fulfill these goals. And this is the reason why I, the representative of Gearbest, am here. If you have any question, you can contact me and I'll try my best to help you. Please just @GearBest or email me via Fiona@gearbest.com.

Interesting because 3 times in this thread alone GearBest has claimed they don't know who these people are and that GearBest does not pay for reviews. Could it be that GearBest is lying? :eek:

quite possible the sales person from Gearbest that posts here has no knowledge of this, they're not always across everything that happens within the companies they work for

Can't believe this is still occurring.

Will ban any new members with these suspicious posts (i.e. joining just to post a positive review of a vendor for products are not even discussed at Dashcamtalk). @GearBest, you may want to rethink your "submit a review for cashback" promotion.

Looks like you can get gift cards as well as coupons. Just grabbed this from their store site.

GB.jpg

Can't believe this is still occurring.

Will ban any new members with these suspicious posts (i.e. joining just to post a positive review of a vendor for products are not even discussed at Dashcamtalk). @GearBest, you may want to rethink your "submit a review for cashback" promotion.

Hi admin, I'm surprise this is still occurring too. I'm glad you can do that. Thanks for your advice. Maybe this kind of promotion is not very good, we will rethink about it. However, we can't deny that many other online retailers make such kind of promotion too.

Last edited:
Looks like you can get gift cards as well as coupons. Just grabbed this from their store site.

View attachment 23618

Hi DT MI, yes that's for sure how you can get gift card from our site. However, I think you can grab it from other store sites, too. The following is what I grab from BG.

Attachments

• 360截图20160607084347873.jpg
    360截图20160607084347873.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 360截图20160607084437099.jpg
    360截图20160607084437099.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 360截图20160607084459156.jpg
    360截图20160607084459156.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 360截图20160607084537936.jpg
    360截图20160607084537936.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
...Maybe this kind of promotion is not very good, we will rethink about it. However, we can't deny that many other online retailers make such kind of promotion too.
...I think you can grab it from other store sites, too. The following is what I grab from BG.
It may be common and accepted practice in some parts of the world but I can assure you that in North America (and I assume Europe as well) that once this practice becomes known nobody will trust any positive reviews your company receives. I suspect the damage to your reputation has already been done, especially in the shadow of the many negative reports on this and numerous other internet forums.

Excellent shop ! I liked very much to buy in the store. Excellent service, fast processing and delivery of orders! Very high quality products! I advise everyone to buy in this shop!

Про gearbest.com узнал около трех месяцев назад. На этот магазин наткнулся в интернете и он меня заинтересовал своими низкими ценами. Сначало было опасение, что товар не придет или доставка будет очень долгой. Но я все-таки сделал свой первый заказ (W1604100836332577), который пришел очень быстро, чему я был удивлен. Дальше делал еще несколько заказов, возникали различные вопросы, которые я задавал в службе поддержки. Служба поддержки просто шикарно выполняет свою работу, на все вопросы отвечают быстро и четко. Например, был случай, когда мне надо было отменить оплаченный заказ и вернуть деньги или когда я выбрал не ту вещь, которую хотел, все это быстро решила служба поддержки и я получил, то что хотел.
Подходя к итогу, gearbest.com шикарный сайт!

Attachments

• av0KabH4Itc.jpg
    av0KabH4Itc.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 7
  • OD176J8SqSM.jpg
    OD176J8SqSM.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 6
  • xvWh583oqR4.jpg
    xvWh583oqR4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 6
Wow, customer seems to be impressed with existing "support"...

Not impressive to be spamming in different languages, than English, but pennies incentive work!

At least in that 'review' he somewhat acknowledges the profit potential of online reviews.

Edit: Or maybe not. He was referring to points for purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back