Never Buy from Gearbest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: let's make this interesting...guess the next irrelevant product someone will post about saying how gearbest is so good.

I've got tablet oe thermometer.

I'm going to go with a smart watch or battery charger. I was going to pick electronic cigarette but that would be cheating. :D

I ordered some stuff from Gearbest and it arrived in great time and their customer service is very good and helpful I would definitely recommend to anyone.

I ordered a lot of goods on gearbest. My last order is Xiaomi Mi Band 2015 (Order No.:W1603281458513323) on 31 march 2016. And i received it after 30days .I really liked service in site. All my orders was great quality and originals products. Good shipping, i recommended!

I'm going to go with a smart watch or battery charger. I was going to pick electronic cigarette but that would be cheating. :D

DING DING DING DING! YOU WIN DT MI!

You want free returns, buy locally.
Any seller, whether local or in China, need product back and you have to send it.
It's same case whether you buy from gearbest or aliexpress or alibaba or blah blah...
It's privilege that few sellers pay return shipping but in most cases we have to pay it.
I had to pay return shipping for ebay/amazon returns in US as well as well as to China on my own.
Restocking fee for defective under warranty items should not be there though.
Also why would anyone buy a camera like the mini 0806, 0805 etc... that has so many problems in many review threads.
At least research little bit on the model one is interested.
Chinese retailers have great prices but you can't knock their doors like B&H due to few big ponds in between so buy a model that has great reviews and chances of getting bad unit is less.
Or pay few extra bucks and buy from local stores that you can walk into or buy from amazon. For prime members, it's free return shipping and most sellers pay return if item is defective even for non prime members.
It's very hard to find a model dashcam has not problem. Can you name any ? Please :(

Since i bought a lot of stuff from Gearbest i thought i share my experiences with them as well. I think some stuff gets a bit exaggerated here.

A friend of mine told me about GearBest,
I searched for reviews and experiences of people with Gearbest, online and stumbled over reports like this which made my sceptical but i gave it a try.

AND I AM GLAD i still ordered from them and i totally don't regret it !
I ordered a lot of stuff from them, for Example like MicroSD card and reader, Cables, Headphones, Flashlights etc. but also non electronic stuff like a nice Pocketknife.
Everything came within 10 days (!) which is surprisingly fast for China to Austria, also ordered stuff to my parents in Germany and it was the same super fast shipping.
The Items all were original and genuine, no fake products and to this day i did not have any problems or issues with the items i ordered.
Also i made sure that the Items i ordered are reliable and that others had good experience with them before i ordered them.
Everything was just perfect in my experience.

The thing is a lot of local dealers will slap a higher pricetag on the same mostly chinese products, and even on sites like Amazon the same items are more expensive most of the time.
Ordering directly from china gives you a better price.
And Gearbest is one of the shops with the best prices and is also one of the biggest shops with a big range and variety of products.
You simply have to consider a few things when you order from any shop from China. It is mostly stuff everyone knows but it seems like some people are a bit naive or don't think too much about it.
I list a few of them here and also some tips from my personal experience with Gearbest...
Always check taxes and customs for your country, this will prevent your order from getting stuck or causing extra cost. Shipping also will be a lot faster if you are under the limits for taxes/ customs.
Order Items that are in Stock, otherwise it will also increase the time until you receive your order.
Just use PayPal, so that you have an escrow company for paying. Shipping is mostly free because the chinese governement supports and subsidized the shops and dealers. But returning Items, or sending them back will obviously cost you a lot, that is why you should not order products that are known to be unreliable and it is also not the fault of the dealer/ shop. If they would pay the shipping fees for returning they could not have this amazingly low prices, because the shipping fees would be higher than the actual costs of the products !

In my opinion it is just silly to make an Account on a Forum and tell people to - "never buy from Gearbest".
It is not Gearbests fault when you buy a product (which is also known to be unreliable) and it breaks, it is actually the fault of the manufacturer.
And the service Gearbest offers is great.
Your whole Issue also sounds more like a communication problem. You could have just open a dispute or ask them again. Stuff like that happens in every big shop. I even got a refund problem with Amazon once.
Guess what, i simply called/ wrote them again and explained them my situation again and everything was solved. Mistakes can happen sometimes, and Mistakes can be solved.
Just complaining on the internet, writing unfair stuff won't solve anything.
It also seems like Gearbest tried to solve the Issue with the thread opener, but he never replied back.

No offense and nothing personal, but i think it also could be possible that a competitor wrote this to denounce other shops.

Why is it "questionable marketing" if a shop offers a reward program?
A lot of big and reputable stores offer something like this.
Is Amazon shady because of Amazon associates, AmazonVine or their Affiliates program?

Summing things up, my experinces with Gearbest are very positive and i strongly recommend them.
Simply be aware of the details and differneces when you order from China. Then nothing can go wrong.

It's very hard to find a model dashcam has not problem. Can you name any ? Please :(
If there are many threads with problems for a particular dashcam (example, mini 0806, initial version of NanoQ etc...), chances of getting bad one is high so better to avoid it but if you really like the design, buy locally so returns are easier.
D201 doesn't seem to have many issues and few issues are not big ones.
Ausdom A261 is another one with hardly any issue.
Vantrue is also pretty good.
Lukas brand overall has very few issues but it's Korean.
If a model has good reviews, it's much safer to buy after few months of wait period to check reliability compared to one with bad reviews or something that just came out.

There are others that I haven't reviewed but just going through few threads will give an idea whether a particular model is good or not.
If it's brand new product, obviously reliability can't be tested but at least video quality, focus shift, out of focus etc... that are essential to function as a dashcam can be checked.

I have had an absolutely horrid experience with Gearbest. I purchased a mini 0805 camera that burnt up after two days and filled my car with electrical smoke. I had successfully installed two other dashcams previously in my other vehicles, I know it's not user error). I notified them well within their 14 day warranty period, and paid to send the item back in accordance with their instructions. They confirm they have received it but then want to charge me $50 for a restocking fee (the camera was only $80 to begin with). I said never mind, just give me a refund and after months of haggling with them, they now claim I had the item too long for a refund. Please save yourselves some misery and use any other vendor than these guys. I wish somebody would have created this thread a long time ago and saved me some misery. Learn from my mistakes.
Problems with them are commonplace!

Its a matter of self respect, if one does tolerate such blithering 1 or 2 post counters here, but only about one supplier- they are "not guilty" for being (or presented) to be bad- GearBe needs to be banned of the site(?)! as it is not discussion, it is persistent spamming!

to this day i did not have any problems or issues with the items i ordered.
Also i made sure that the Items i ordered are reliable and that others had good experience with them before i ordered them.
Everything was just perfect in my experience.

as a seller for the most part they are no issue, if you order from them, or indeed any of the other sellers on here for the most part you get what you've ordered and everything is great, this has been your experience

It is not Gearbests fault when you buy a product (which is also known to be unreliable) and it breaks, it is actually the fault of the manufacturer.
And the service Gearbest offers is great.

this is where it falls apart and where they get the most hate, when you get something that is faulty you get the run around, partial credits to your gearbest wallet, suggestions to gift it to a friend or resell it and order another one, send it back at half what you paid to get another one sent, half price offer for a replacement, send it back at half the cost to get a refund to your gearbest wallet (they really don't like returning money, it's always the gearbest wallet to tie you into another purchase)

so while you may be qualified to comment on how well they can pack and send something it's their aftersales service where they fail, don't rely on one post wonders for that detail though, the internet is littered with horror stories about what happens when dealing with faulty products

the golden rule when buying from another country and there are no consumer protection mechanisms available should be only spend what you are prepared to lose, if it works out then all good, if not then suck it up and move on

Restocking fees are legitimate IF AND ONLY IF you're returning a product that works perfectly fine but you just don't like it. When a seller receives such an item they can "restock" it for sale but it needs to be sold as an "open box" item at a discount. However, restocking fees should NEVER apply to defective products because they can't be restocked. In fact any decent seller interested in retaining customers won't charge a restocking fee even if you just don't like something and decide to return it.

I had to return two SJCam cameras to B&H Photo Video (a bricks-and-clicks retailer located in New York) because they were defective - no questions from B&H on those. I later bought a substantial number of items from them for Christmas gifts for my sister. About a half dozen of those had to be returned because she already had them. As long as the item was in like-new condition and I retained the original packaging (yes to both in my case) B&H took them back with no questions asked and no restocking fees. They even paid for the return shipping. I ALWAYS recommend B&H because of their excellent customer service, no-questions-asked return policy and competitive if not rock-bottom prices. All retailers could learn a lesson from B&H.
It seems that respect for retail customers and laws protecting same may not always be true in China!

I too find it very strange that we have 4 (or is it 5 now) new members and with their first post on their first day on this forum, go out to find this thread to complement a seller who is getting bad comments,

one has to wonder what they used in google to find dashcamtalk, and then find this thread knocking the seller of whom they might have purchased a TV or gambol or something , why would anyone search for dashcamtalk when they only bought a TV off GB?

as judge Judy say’s “if it smells like sh*t it’s because it is sh*t”

these first day posters with their first post telling us just how good a seller is, in selling a TV on a dash cam forum with there first post, smells just like I remember an animal farm smelling

the problem isn’t that an issue has arisen, its how they resolve it, I will say I have used GB once, will I buy from them again, only if the item costs a quid or two, cost any more and I fear if anything goes wrong with the item, I will get the opportunity to re experience my first transaction with them once more, and I don’t want that

no one expects everything to work 100% of the time but expect when something does go wrong it can be put right very soon and with out too much hassle

a little story, years ago I used to use Hasselblad cameras and even in those days they were expensive, but after sales service was second to non. I had one of their lens hood bellows, I wanted to make a filter holder but needed the mount to make one, buying an old bellows lens hood was out the question as a new one in those days was around £150.00 (todays equivalent around £400)

So I picked up the phone and phoned Hasselblad in Sweden (where they used to make them) told them what I was planing, got put through to the person that might of been able to help me and I explained to him what I wanted, what I wanted to do with it and that I couldn’t get hold of just the mount and buying a complete bellows lens hood money wise was out the questions, was there something he could suggest? he asked me for my address (no emailed in 1984) and said he would send two mounts over, in case I messed up the first,

I was very pleased and asked how much was the cost, you guessed it, free, not even the P&P, in 24 / 25 years of using Hasselblad I had invested heavily with them as their customer service was second to non
Any retailer worth its salt shouldn't have more than a few complaints.

Selling is an obligation, no?

Any retailer worth its salt shouldn't have more than a few complaints.

it's a percentage thing, the more sales the more problems so the more successful the seller the more likely you are to see or hear of problems

to quote Jack Ma, owner of Alibaba, they have 1% of sellers that are just bad guys, doing the wrong thing, ripping people off

they have 500 million sellers though which means they have 5 million bad guys on their platform, 1% doesn't sound like much but when you realise that equates to 5 million bad guys that's huge

in the case of gearbest a lot of their problems are self inflicted, they start out with good intentions and the sales process is ok, if you don't have a problem product, it all falls apart if you have a problem product, that bit they get very wrong

In case any has lost count we now have 17 new members, in this thread alone, who've joined DCT for the sole purpose of 'pimping' Gearbest (18 if we count TechGuy0815 who posted 1 message to the YI forum after his glowing 'review' of GB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back