New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

mkrubsack said:
I put a couple of ferrite beads, aka RF chokes.

Anyone know a source to buy them in the Toronto, Canada area?
can't seem to find anything online

Possibly here? I am not affiliated with this store.

I just ordered some in Germany, with internal ø 3mm for putting the power cable straight through and with internal ø 6 mm for a cable loop. I will test with my GPS and my car radio which way will be the most effective.

If you have a Radio Shack store, they are called rf chokes there, and they have two styles a snap on and a wrap through.

eBay is also a good source, that's where I got mine. These are very similar to what I use at the camera end: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ferrite+snap&_frs=1

These also look good for the camera end: https://www.radioshack.com/product/inde ... Id=3012599 They just snap around the cable and are light enough to hang loose there.

For the cigarette lighter end, you want one big enough so you can wind at least 4 or more loops around/through it. This is what I used at the cigarette lighter end: https://www.radioshack.com/product/inde ... Id=2103979

They will help. But my dvr207 also emits rf from the camera even when it's not plugged in and is running on the battery. The chokes helped me alot, but did not entirely eliminate the noise problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great posts! I saw some of those RF chokes on Ebay, but they list different sizes. Do you know what the cable size is for a DVR-207?

iamdrumming said:
Great posts! I saw some of those RF chokes on Ebay, but they list different sizes. Do you know what the cable size is for a DVR-207?

The Radio Shack one at https://www.radioshack.com/product/inde ... Id=3012599 in the description says it's 16x29.5x5mm. It seems any 5mm size would snap around the 207's cable. That' seems to be a common small size on eBay as well.

So this POS ruins FM reception too, huh? Nice. :evil:

mkrubsack said:
iamdrumming said:

The Radio Shack one at https://www.radioshack.com/product/inde ... Id=3012599 in the description says it's 16x29.5x5mm. It seems any 5mm size would snap around the 207's cable. That' seems to be a common small size on eBay as well.

Thanks for that link! So, you snap one on right at where the cable enters the dash cam, and another one close to the cigarette lighter plug? Do they stay in place?

Ramshackle's response from Vicky. Note that the last item in her list says that the "027 has better and stable firmware". I hope that that's an error on her part and it's actually the 207 with the better firmware.

Ramshackle said:
I contacted estore009 and sent them the link to this thread. Here is the response:

Dear customer,

I saw the forum just now and I think It is not true.

There are several difference between old 027 and new 207:

1. 207 has much clearer and colorful video, which use better lens (you can see the video comparison in our listing )
  2. 207 has extra 1080*1440 (15FPS), 027 doesn't have the choice.
  3. 207 207 has 15fps/20fps/30fp, it is better fps setting.
  4. You can see recording time in 207 monitor, however, you can't do that in DVR027, you even don't know how long the recording records.
  5. You can set image size in 207, however, you can't do that in 027, there is no such option.
  6. 027 has better and stable firmware.

In a word, 207 has better video and the stable quality. It deserve extra USD 10.

Best regards
Vicky

-estore009

I went for a night drive and wanted to change the Exposure Value to something different than 0.0 on my DVR207 to see what effect it has. But where is the menu selection to change it? Is it in a sub-menu that I have yet to discover?

iamdrumming said:
mkrubsack said:
iamdrumming said:

Thanks for that link! So, you snap one on right at where the cable enters the dash cam, and another one close to the cigarette lighter plug? Do they stay in place?

On the camera, I have my rt angle connector pointing up, so the wire coming out of it goes up, then across my visor to the door, etc. Since the wire is running up, the ferrite is held down by gravity.

You will have to experiment, but generally the ferrite chokes work best when the wire is looped several times through them. Just clamping them on may be effective, but may take one or more chokes in line to achieve the same level of rf attenuation as having several loops. The small beads are OK for the camera end, but for the cigarette lighter end I found a larger choke to allow several loops of the power cable through the choke worked better that just a single small choke clamped around the wire.

EDIT: I guess an alternative option is to purchase a different power adaptor with the appropriate plug, shouldn't be too expensive.

Ramshackle said:
So this POS ruins FM reception too, huh? Nice. :evil:

I have mine in a 2004 Toyota Tacoma with stock AM/FM/CD/Cassette and it does interfere with FM. AM seems ok.

Quote from sackrubber:

"I guess an alternative option is to purchase a different power adaptor with the appropriate plug, shouldn't be too expensive."

Swapping adapters may work only if they are the source of the RF problem. I suspect it's the camera's electronics. The RF signal is fed down the positive connector's wire to the same common power rail that all the other stuff is connected to (GPS, FM radio) The ferrite attenuators seem like the best and most viable solutions.

I decided to contact the eBay seller to discuss the issue with the Radio Interference affecting the DVR207.

I received the following reply soon after.

"Dear customer,

Please don't worry,we can help you .

We contacted the engineer in the factory for the problem ,he said that the problem is that the car charger.

They recommand another kinds of better charger,we will purchase it and send it to you ,is that ok ?

If so,please tell your delivery address .

Best regards
Vicky

- estore009"

I have responded with my details so hopefully this should fix the problem. I suggest you contact your sellers to find a solution for you.

Cheers :) Mario

They have all the 207 buyers' addresses.

Send us all new car chargers. :!:

RBiz said:
mkrubsack said:
I put a couple of ferrite beads, aka RF chokes.

Anyone know a source to buy them in the Toronto, Canada area?
can't seem to find anything online

Best place to look for stuff like this in Toronto is Active Surplus downtown. It's on Queen St. W
That's assuming you live downtown or want to make your way downtown. I checked The Source (used to be Radio Shack) and their website doesn't show any.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?client=opera ... J8BEPwSMAA

I just received my DVR-207 and will try it out today. I noticed that most members are recording videos in 720p 30fps. Is this the best setting for the best quality video? Does anyone recommend 1080p at 15fps?

RSole said:
Quote from sackrubber:

"I guess an alternative option is to purchase a different power adaptor with the appropriate plug, shouldn't be too expensive."

Swapping adapters may work only if they are the source of the RF problem. I suspect it's the camera's electronics. The RF signal is fed down the positive connector's wire to the same common power rail that all the other stuff is connected to (GPS, FM radio) The ferrite attenuators seem like the best and most viable solutions.

I think it's just the camera I've had the charger plugged in without the camera and it didn't cause any interference.

mariomart said:
I decided to contact the eBay seller to discuss the issue with the Radio Interference affecting the DVR207.

I received the following reply soon after.

"Dear customer,

Please don't worry,we can help you .

We contacted the engineer in the factory for the problem ,he said that the problem is that the car charger.

They recommand another kinds of better charger,we will purchase it and send it to you ,is that ok ?

If so,please tell your delivery address .

Best regards
Vicky

I got the same response, word for word. We'll see if a new car charger helps, but as others have said, I suspect the problem is the dash cam itself.

- estore009"

I have responded with my details so hopefully this should fix the problem. I suggest you contact your sellers to find a solution for you.

Cheers :) Mario

Back