New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

Ramshackle said:
So no, it's not just a better lens and new firmware

DashCamMan knows more than the vendor?

not surprising really, a lot of people selling these don't know what they're selling or just list what's printed on a generic box or user manual

Just need it confirmed.
Are the 3 second file gaps compared to the DVR027 gone.
Its all about the gaps :D

If you weren't Inafog and had read all the posts in this thread, you would have seen the many comments about the gaps being gone in the new model.

And yes, DashCamMan does know better than the seller. Opening the two cams allows one to read the markings on the processors and they are indeed different. Be sure to leave Motion Detection "OFF" or you will experience gaps as the cam checks for motion and restarts the recording process every 2/5/15 minutes.

These sellers give such ambiguous info that they can't be trusted. In the ad they they claim 1080 resolution, in replies to queries they admit "not really 1080 because it's only 15 fps". Huh? Since when does the frame rate determine what the resolution is?

Unfortunately,

I am not in expert in this DVR-207 and the vendor should know more than I do. This is what I do know:

- The DVR-027 used the Zoran Coach 10P ZR36482BGCF processor in the past. They may have upgraded this to the Coach 12MDV processor but I cannot confirm this since I don't have a recent DVR-027
- I have no reason to doubt the DVR-207 uses the Coach12MDV processor as depicted in their photos. Since they don't mention it as a difference, I have a slight suspicion the DVR-027 is using the same processor now.
- The Coach12M processors are 720p not 1080p, hence it is interpolated
- When the DVR-207 was launched it was $60. It was posted on this site, sales jumped and they raised the price. This is a bit suspicious as well
- Video quality seems on par with existing DVR-027
- DVR-207 has no gaps with motion detection off. The old DVR-027 had gaps (once again, newer models might have resolved this)
- Whether the DVR-207 is worth an extra $10 is debatable.

The funny thing is estore009 is probably one of the best Chinese dash cam vendors. They respond to emails, their ads are pretty accurate and are generally more trustworthy than other sellers. But that doesn't guarantee a good deal, hence the reason for a forum like this where we can share info on the cameras. Really the most trustworthy people to get information from are other purchasers. Not the vendor since they are biased. Also I try to be as unbiased as possible but I don't own this camera. Really I thank all of the people who purchased the camera and shared their experiences here. That is the best info you are going to find anywhere.

I ordered my DVR207 on Feb 27, and it arrived today Mar 04.

Here is a 2 min clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkDnNoZhiXQ

I noticed some reflection on my windshield, on the bottom of the window is the reflection for my Garmin GPS mount, and sometimes you can see the reflection of the DVR207 power cable hanging down ( will reroute that), also since the sun is high I noticed some lens flares as I turned into the sun.

Overall, it's acceptable to me for the price I paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inafog said:
Just need it confirmed.

The gaps are gone. Just keep motion detection off.

I've noticed that the power adaptor causes significant degradation of FM radio reception. Seems to have no effect on AM. My thought is to try some ferrite beads on the power cord. Has anyone else come up with a solution to this?

Inafog said:
Just need it confirmed.

No 3 seconds gaps in my files :)

DashCamMan said:
- The Coach12M processors are 720p not 1080p, hence it is interpolated

So really, claiming 1080p is misrepresenting the product. This alone requires negative feedback on eBay.

When the DVR-207 was launched it was $60. It was posted on this site, sales jumped and they raised the price. This is a bit suspicious as well

It's called "profiteering", and it's another reason for negative feedback.

Video quality seems on par with existing DVR-027

Thus obviating any reason for price difference.

Whether the DVR-207 is worth an extra $10 is debatable.

Clearly, it's not.

The funny thing is estore009 is probably one of the best Chinese dash cam vendors.

Which isn't saying much, apparently.

Been stuffing around for too long deciding on whether to buy a Blackvue/Itronics or a cheaper cam.
After my disappointment with the the Cam I bought locally in Oz, I was apprehensive on buying a cheap cam again.
But the lack of gaps and the quality of the videos posted here see me tempted by one of these.
Will pull the trigger on a DVR207 today I think, I don't need GPS and the extra money is better in my pocket I think.

Inafog said:
Been stuffing around for too long deciding on whether to buy a Blackvue/Itronics or a cheaper cam.
After my disappointment with the the Cam I bought locally in Oz, I was apprehensive on buying a cheap cam again.
But the lack of gaps and the quality of the videos posted here see me tempted by one of these.
Will pull the trigger on a DVR207 today I think, I don't need GPS and the extra money is better in my pocket I think.

if it's the Navig8r product you had I don't think you're going backwards with this one

jokiin said:
if it's the Navig8r product you had I don't think you're going backwards with this one

Yep the Navig8r, they are a piece of rubbish.

I don't know if any of you read my issue with my DVR-207 turning off unexpectedly, but I have discovered another issue, in relation to my Garmin 2595LMT GPS. I uses my Garmin with a GTM-60 digital traffic cable. The DVR-207 kills the ability for the Garmin to pick up a traffic signal. As soon as the dash cam is turned off, the Garmin will pick up the traffic signal just fine. This can be bad when you're out trying to avoid traffic situations. I would like to hear from other people who have a Garmin that have traffic enable cables as well, to see if you're experiencing the same issue.

My hunch is the DVR207 power supply which goes in the cigarette lighter receptical is "dirty" and putting out RF. I notice it on the FM band. I plan to put some ferrite beads on the power cord (near the big plug) tomorrow and try that. The ferrite beads will stop the rf from traveling the power cable to the camera. I think the power cable is radiating the rf.

That's my hunch, outside of buying a new power adaptor, I'd be interested if any others have tried something that works.

EDIT: upon reading some of the other posts, notably viewtopic.php?f=18&t=448#p5489 it may be that the design of the camera causes the rf interference and not the power cable.

I will post my results tomorrow regarding the ferrite beads.

Last edited by a moderator:
iamdrumming said:
I don't know if any of you read my issue with my DVR-207 turning off unexpectedly, but I have discovered another issue, in relation to my Garmin 2595LMT GPS. I uses my Garmin with a GTM-60 digital traffic cable. The DVR-207 kills the ability for the Garmin to pick up a traffic signal. As soon as the dash cam is turned off, the Garmin will pick up the traffic signal just fine. This can be bad when you're out trying to avoid traffic situations. I would like to hear from other people who have a Garmin that have traffic enable cables as well, to see if you're experiencing the same issue.

I have a Garmin GPS with the traffic cable but don't have one of these DVR's to compare, I have heard complaints of these cheap DVR's messing with radio reception though so maybe inherent to the design

Inafog, if you're buying the DVR207 for $70, you can't go wrong, in my opinion.
After viewing many Russian dash cam compilations made on various brands of cams, in addition to the sample vids by members here, the "207" gives very adequate results. I suspect that to get really good recording one would have to dish out several hundred dollars at least for a megapixel or better camera. If you ever upgrade, this one could go in the back window. I regret not ordering two @ $59.99.

To those that complain about their GPS units malfunctioning, the cams must emit some RF that overwhelms the GPS rcvr (inverse square law: the GPS sats are 20,000Km away, your poorly shielded Commie-cam: 20cm). The ferrite beads on the power cord may help greatly. Failing that, try replacing the power cord with one that has a braided grounded outer shield.

Agreed, just bought one from estore009, will give my thoughts when it arrives.
I don't expect it to be as good as the more high end recorders.
As long as it it as good as what I have seen on the clips posted others here, I will be happy.

Couple questions for everyone and I'm new to all this and just got my first cam (dvr 207).

1. When using the Dvr 207 I have radio interference and tried to use the usb cord instead but the cam stops working and just shows the hourglass picture with black background. (any ideas how to fix or is there a different usb cord to try. Don't want to hardwire yet either)

2. When using the power cord in the car i noticed that the 207 doesn't even need battery in at all to run and if this is the case why have battery in at all? (not tested on actually drive yet tho) also i dont use it for park mode.

Hope to get some answers and thanks in advance

RBiz said:
Couple questions for everyone and I'm new to all this and just got my first cam (dvr 207).

1. When using the Dvr 207 I have radio interference and tried to use the usb cord instead but the cam stops working and just shows the hourglass picture with black background. (any ideas how to fix or is there a different usb cord to try. Don't want to hardwire yet either)

2. When using the power cord in the car i noticed that the 207 doesn't even need battery in at all to run and if this is the case why have battery in at all? (not tested on actually drive yet tho) also i dont use it for park mode.

Hope to get some answers and thanks in advance

You get the hourglass picture, I get the USB icon.

1. The USB connection is only to offload or access your video files from a computer. The camera will not record when connected with it to a computer (or a USB power outlet in a car). You could determine the pinout of the USB connectors and wire the power pins of the USB socket in the cam directly to the coaxial, regular power socket in the cam, but you would be taking a chance of ruining it. There may be circuitry in the cam that shuts off the cam when power is received through the USB connector. Power sensed at the regular power connector will turn the cam on, to record. Linking the two may destroy the unit.

2. I could be wrong, but if the "BIOS" memory in the cam is volatile, without an internal battery you would lose all your settings. You would have to plug it in and change everything from the defaults that it would revert back to.

I put a couple of ferrite beads, aka RF chokes, on each end of the power cord. They helped a lot with the FM interference, but not completely.

Without the RF chokes my FM radio suffered severe interference. With the beads, the radio is listenable, with some slight hiss and slight attenuated signal at the 105MHz end. The lower end, for example 96MHz, is completely clear.

I don't know how the ferrite chokes affect a GPS traffic signal, but they will knock down the interference.

Using the RF chokes makes the dvr-207 workable for me. Without them I cannot listen to the FM band.

Back