New Wifi Enabled Lukas LK-7950 WD

You'll get the biggest advantage from the parking modes - night time video should be superior on the Lukas too mate, mine is still in Korea so it will take it's time to arrive!

Did you get the OBD option?
Oh I thought you already had it.
I may get it sooner then as it's already in Los Angeles as of yesterday's tracking.

I don't recall seeing OBD in the list so it's the standard one.
Will update what's in the box once I get it in a new thread.

Need to read more on parking mode and its effect on battery use.
I don't drive one of the cars too often and the battery is always low on that one.

Ah you're right - the Aftership app on my phone has showed it sat in Incheon for a few days but it arrived in London yesterday - I'll probably have to wait a few days to get the letter from Parcelforce about how much the customs charges are and then it will be next week sometime when I can pick it up. They like to take their time over here!

@ reverend and sunny Enjoy your cameras when they arrive ........There is an android app for Lukas wifi cameras ......Ipol

I'm looking forward to trying it mate - how are you finding yours so far?

I've found the iOS app so have that installed, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all hangs together. Are you using the OBD stuff? It's a shame it's limited to so few vehicles

@ reverend and sunny Enjoy your cameras when they arrive ........There is an android app for Lukas wifi cameras ......Ipol
Will do. Thanks

I'm looking forward to trying it mate - how are you finding yours so far?
I've found the iOS app so have that installed, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all hangs together. Are you using the OBD stuff? It's a shame it's limited to so few vehicles
I prefer android phones so will look for the android app.
I like apples but not in phones. ;)

@ reverend and sunny I have the LK9750 duo its not wifi enabled and its the Btype OBD2 would not work in my car, it kept flashing a message not recognised If they do get around to include my car model I will go for the OBD module I like the features it offersLove the camera Lukas are working on a couple of niggles speed is not displaying and the trip total is way out but can be sorted out with firmware tweeking .......Ipol........apples.....I would probably finish up with a Granny Smith.....with my luck :D

I've just had my Pink Lady :p

I keep getting the 7950 and 9750 mixed up - I'm quite intrigued to see the footprint of this one as it should be smaller than the X2 but we shall see!

BTW, do these dual dashcams (x2 and lukas) record front and rear footage in different files/cards or in the same video with dual channel like in Blackvue 550?
Edit: Now I have the camera, it records two separate files but on the same full size SD card.

That dual channel in the same video is a pain to work with.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Finally arrived home after my grand tour of Canada. Thanks to Calgary the camera was waiting at my sons. I linked the front up in the hired RV and tested it out OK but could not mount it. Now I am home and I have tested the AP to my new S5 and it looks good bit the video live has a long delay. Position of the camera's is fixed by the space available but I blu tacked the front to check out angles at it looked good. I will install the camera's in the car next week as I am awaiting the mini fuse piggy backs. On the ap set up I noticed a 50-60 and 3 or 5 min set up which I don't understand. Anyone know the best set-up for normal UK use? I want it on when Ign is on off when its not. What is the external power feature for? I do have a 12v from mains box for running a cool box but I dont want to try that in case its not smooth enough.
My cig light socket is only on with ignition but it would be nice to have PC Mobile ap and camera all on at the same time in the same place. As yet I have not worked ou how to do that.
Thanks for all the help I will let you know how it goes.
Ian

Hi Guys
Finally arrived home after my grand tour of Canada. Thanks to Calgary the camera was waiting at my sons. I linked the front up in the hired RV and tested it out OK but could not mount it. Now I am home and I have tested the AP to my new S5 and it looks good bit the video live has a long delay. Position of the camera's is fixed by the space available but I blu tacked the front to check out angles at it looked good. I will install the camera's in the car next week as I am awaiting the mini fuse piggy backs. On the ap set up I noticed a 50-60 and 3 or 5 min set up which I don't understand. Anyone know the best set-up for normal UK use? I want it on when Ign is on off when its not. What is the external power feature for? I do have a 12v from mains box for running a cool box but I dont want to try that in case its not smooth enough.
My cig light socket is only on with ignition but it would be nice to have PC Mobile ap and camera all on at the same time in the same place. As yet I have not worked ou how to do that.
Thanks for all the help I will let you know how it goes.
Ian

Good Day Knobby,

I hope you have a good time touring Canada! I am glad you are safely home now.
There is always going to be a slight bit of delay when watching the live feed via wifi. But this should only be 2 seconds or so.

Not sure about the 50-60 and 3 or 5 Min setup at the moment. I don't have my Lukas app running in front of me.

Its fairly easy to set up the camera to only run while the vehicle is running. The easiest would be to simply plug it into your cig lighter port. However this is not ideal. You can also relatively easily hardwire the camera into your vehicle. Which sounds like you are planing to do. Make sure you connect the Battery + line to a fuse that is always live, and the ACC+ line to a fuse that is only live when the vehicle is running. Once you have it successfully hardwired in. You simply place the on/ off switch on the right side of the camera to ACC( the middle position). This will have the camera only power up when it detects that both the BATT+ line AND the ACC+ line are live.

Hi Guys
I finally got around to fitting my Lukas 7950 and it is very, very good. The installation in a Toyota Auris Hybrid ( Corolla in some countries) was not too bad once I found the fuse box. I will do right up late next week. For those with a Toyota the new flush fuses are the same pitch as normal mini fuses, so you can use "add a circuit". On mine 1 Power outlet and 17 Cig lighter are opposite at the end. The book is wrong as it says power outlet is the luggage outlet but 1 is hot and 17 off ignition but my luggage outlet is ignition only. It also won't run a compressor while the cig does. Maybe its a Hybrid thing.
How do I get .jpg stills off the Lukas Viewer to upload? I found with the CPL it was very dark from the front until I went into setting on the viewer as I could not find a CPL setting on the App settings. I now have it CPL and 4. brightness. The whole box gets very hot (its summer here) the CPL ring too hot to handle but it is hidden in front of the mirror and is quite stealthy. The back one cannot bee seen at all from outside. I have turned off voice lights and all distractions cant see them any way. I am using it in continuous drive only, is 3 min segments better or 5 min? Do I really need to reformat every month. There was no viewer on either chips but there was a .cfg. if I reformat where are the setting stored. The only other thing I would like is a way to connect it to my PC and Phone over my home hub or USB.
For those in UK you can save a lot of money buying from CalgaryDashCam. I only wish I had wasted a fitting and put it in the RV out there, I would have shots of the bears standing in the road, by the time I got the camera they were gone.
Thanks again for all your help I am very impressed.

Attachments

• P1010869.JPG
    P1010869.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 15
Hi Guys
I finally got around to fitting my Lukas 7950 and it is very, very good. The installation in a Toyota Auris Hybrid ( Corolla in some countries) was not too bad once I found the fuse box. I will do right up late next week. For those with a Toyota the new flush fuses are the same pitch as normal mini fuses, so you can use "add a circuit". On mine 1 Power outlet and 17 Cig lighter are opposite at the end. The book is wrong as it says power outlet is the luggage outlet but 1 is hot and 17 off ignition but my luggage outlet is ignition only. It also won't run a compressor while the cig does. Maybe its a Hybrid thing.
How do I get .jpg stills off the Lukas Viewer to upload? I found with the CPL it was very dark from the front until I went into setting on the viewer as I could not find a CPL setting on the App settings. I now have it CPL and 4. brightness. The whole box gets very hot (its summer here) the CPL ring too hot to handle but it is hidden in front of the mirror and is quite stealthy. The back one cannot bee seen at all from outside. I have turned off voice lights and all distractions cant see them any way. I am using it in continuous drive only, is 3 min segments better or 5 min? Do I really need to reformat every month. There was no viewer on either chips but there was a .cfg. if I reformat where are the setting stored. The only other thing I would like is a way to connect it to my PC and Phone over my home hub or USB.
For those in UK you can save a lot of money buying from CalgaryDashCam. I only wish I had wasted a fitting and put it in the RV out there, I would have shots of the bears standing in the road, by the time I got the camera they were gone.
Hey Knobby, the viewer will only save as a "bmp". What I did was use the Zamzar website to convert the bmp to a jpg. Then you can post the jpg to the forum.

Hi Guys

Very good point about the fuses not being the same as described in the manual.
I have always found that going off the manual is a waste of time. Just go use a multi meter to find which fuses are capable for your install needs.

Haha I have never though of using a mini fuse tap on a low profile fuse! But you are right they basically are the same profile, just taller. We use fuse taps designed for low profile fuses. But great to know you could use the mini fuse tap if needed!

Yup, the CPL does make things darker, but the CPL setting in the lukas settings does help.

3 or 5 mins, I can't really help you there lol. Just personal preference.

Personally I almost never format my cards until I find a problem, however we do advise customers to format every month or so, just to ensure you always have video, and no problems.

Sorry there is no way to connect the camera to your computer via usb.

Very good point about the fuses not being the same as described in the manual.
I have always found that going off the manual is a waste of time. Just go use a multi meter to find which fuses are capable for your install needs.

Haha I have never though of using a mini fuse tap on a low profile fuse! But you are right they basically are the same profile, just taller. We use fuse taps designed for low profile fuses. But great to know you could use the mini fuse tap if needed!

Yup, the CPL does make things darker, but the CPL setting in the lukas settings does help.

3 or 5 mins, I can't really help you there lol. Just personal preference.

Personally I almost never format my cards until I find a problem, however we do advise customers to format every month or so, just to ensure you always have video, and no problems.

Sorry there is no way to connect the camera to your computer via usb.
I had asked questions before getting the unit installed regarding using an Add-A-Cicuit as that is what seemed to be the thing to do. We were going to use a 3 amp Add-A-Circuit. Installer realized the the power assy cable. already has 2-amp fuses on each of the power leads (continuous and ACC). We did not use an Add-A-Circuit, I was not watching the installer connect the power leads to the fuse panel so don't know exactly what he did there.

Back