Nextbase 322gw dashcam sticky mount

EvilPraetorian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, New user here.

Bought a brand new Nextbase 322gw yesterday from currys pc world to replace my cheapo thing that I had off ebay.

On fitting the 3m mount, I noticed some of it was touching the raised black dots on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror and of course this meant that the dashcam view had those dots on the top left which was a bit distracting to be honest.

So, in my stupidity, I pulled the sticky mount off the windscreen and now I've found a place to set it, it won't re-stick to the windscreen and with the weight of the camera, it keeps falling off.

It's a bit silly that nextbase doesn't supply a few spare sticky mounts in the event this happens or even to enable users to swap the camera easily between cars.

I dont want to return the camera to currys for a replacement under warranty even though I'd be right to, Does anybody know how to get hold of nextbase to send me a couple of replacement sticky mounts for free?

Thanks all.

2000rpm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Many, including JooVuu, Mobius, Street Guardian.
I have a roll of 3M VHB 4611F tape which I've successfully used many times in the last several years to replace the adhesive on dashcam mounts.

OP
EvilPraetorian

EvilPraetorian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply but I dont think that should even be an option, Nextbase totally needs to supply additional sticky pads for circumstances exactly like mine.

It's just not possible to get the dashcam centred exactly with the sticky pad, removing the pad off the windscreen just ruins the sticky material altogether :(

IAmATeaf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A119v3
The sticky pads are really one time use. Did you originally clean the windscreen where you mounted the cam with alcohol? If not then that might account for why it now keeps falling off. When I mounted my Viofo I stuck it down and then did remount it using the same mount tape but on both occasions I had cleaned the area with alcohol.

NextBase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Hi all, New user here.

Bought a brand new Nextbase 322gw yesterday from currys pc world to replace my cheapo thing that I had off ebay.

On fitting the 3m mount, I noticed some of it was touching the raised black dots on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror and of course this meant that the dashcam view had those dots on the top left which was a bit distracting to be honest.

So, in my stupidity, I pulled the sticky mount off the windscreen and now I've found a place to set it, it won't re-stick to the windscreen and with the weight of the camera, it keeps falling off.

It's a bit silly that nextbase doesn't supply a few spare sticky mounts in the event this happens or even to enable users to swap the camera easily between cars.

I dont want to return the camera to currys for a replacement under warranty even though I'd be right to, Does anybody know how to get hold of nextbase to send me a couple of replacement sticky mounts for free?

Thanks all.
Hi there,

Please private message me with your name and address and I'll get a new Adhesive Mount dispatched to you.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo 4K, A129+ Duo, A119 V3, NB 522GW & 622GW
Millie is great at helping issues like this - nice one!

(PS, there should have been a spare in the box anyway? One on the mount and one in the box?)

A quick tip (for anyone needing to remove 3M) gently heat the area and it will peel away very easily and should stay sticky enough. I have done it a fair few times with various dashcams.

Attachments

• nb.jpg
    nb.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 6

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 612 4k, 522+rear window cam, 322+rear view cam, 312
Talk about great customer service.

Thanks very much @millie-nextbase
Brilliant aren't they. If only more companies looked after their customers the way Nextbase do.
Only make Dashcam I'll ever use. [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B 322GW 6
D 322GW 3
A 322GW 0
R 322GW 1
Rickn55 322GW 18