Official Mini 0801 Firmware 20140308

Thanks. Will try on these days.

we found many users have the new firmware requirement on DashCamTalk but can't get a route, so we decide to release the most stable firmware so far, version 20140308.

please find the firmware download links below:
1, without internal storage, without GPS;
2, without internal storage, with GPS;
3, with internal storage, without GPS;
4, with internal storage, with GPS;

Upgrade procedure:
1, copy the firmware BIN file into the root folder of TF card; (don't change the file name)
2, power on the mini 0801 with the firmware TF card in slot;
3, choose YES when the upgrade confirmation popup;
4, wait, wait when the screen showing PROCESSING, this may take 1 to 3 minutes; (the screen may be off depends on your SCREEN PROTECTION setting;)
5, the mini 0801 power off automaticly;
6, power on the mini 0801 again, check the firmware version 20140308.
7, if, the mini 0801 still PROCESSING after 5 minutes, please reboot it manually and re-upgrade.
8, delete the BIN file in TF, or format the TF.
9, enjoy!

before upgrade the mini 0801, please double check your device is exact same with the camera at LEFT:
View attachment 4539
View attachment 4540

I not sure why however once I did this upgrade the unit fills up the memory card and then becomes unstable. I have to format the unit and then for a day or so it does not record.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I have a 32 gig ( 3.2 days of car cam) and it makes the camera so slow as well no getting to the menu.

You might want to test 20140519 or 20. Just added them to my Firmware page.
Hi, I'm new here. just wanted to say I have 3 of these cams, I had to send one back a little while ago and finally got my replacement today, it has the 20140519 firmware on it. My others have an older version (January I think without looking). Just wondering, is it worth me updating them to the new one? If so, can you please give me a link to your firmware page please, I can't seem to find it!
Kind regards :)

What am I doing wrong :-(

All I get on the screen is USB connecting???

Any ideas please help.

correction - just got it working :-/

Hi, I'm new here. just wanted to say I have 3 of these cams, I had to send one back a little while ago and finally got my replacement today, it has the 20140519 firmware on it. My others have an older version (January I think without looking). Just wondering, is it worth me updating them to the new one? If so, can you please give me a link to your firmware page please, I can't seem to find it!
Kind regards :)

http://dc.p-mc.eu/0801/firmware

It was in his signature..

we found many users have the new firmware requirement on DashCamTalk but can't get a route, so we decide to release the most stable firmware so far, version 20140308.

please find the firmware download links below:
1, without internal storage, without GPS;
2, without internal storage, with GPS;
3, with internal storage, without GPS;
4, with internal storage, with GPS;

Upgrade procedure:
1, copy the firmware BIN file into the root folder of TF card; (don't change the file name)
2, power on the mini 0801 with the firmware TF card in slot;
3, choose YES when the upgrade confirmation popup;
4, wait, wait when the screen showing PROCESSING, this may take 1 to 3 minutes; (the screen may be off depends on your SCREEN PROTECTION setting;)
5, the mini 0801 power off automaticly;
6, power on the mini 0801 again, check the firmware version 20140308.
7, if, the mini 0801 still PROCESSING after 5 minutes, please reboot it manually and re-upgrade.
8, delete the BIN file in TF, or format the TF.
9, enjoy!

before upgrade the mini 0801, please double check your device is exact same with the camera at LEFT:
View attachment 4539
View attachment 4540

Hi, I have the camera that is to the right on the image. what is it called and there are firmware to those too. had indeed a problem, that when it has recorded in a minute or so the screen starts to flicker, which also comes with the recording.

Hi I have a 0801 which is same as the the camera picture on the left. It's with internal storage without GPS. Can I purchase the mounting bracket with GPS then update the firmware with internal storage with GPS to have GPS capability ?
Thanks.

what if i have the one on the right ? did i get a fake one? i just bricked it putting this fw

Right one? The right one from the fake comparisom thread? Yep. Thats the fake one. There is no known way to unbrick it.

Hi, have updated the Firmware in my Mini 0801 (GPS WI Memory) but now the unit will not power on. The screen stays black and a blue light is on. I have tried reformatting my SD card with no luck. If I plug it into a PC it is not recognised. Help please!

What version was it previously and what have you updated to?

Have you got a link to what you purchased also?

What version was it previously and what have you updated to?

Have you got a link to what you purchased also?
I think it ended in 303 but was experiencing drop outs so updated to the one in the first post ending 08.

I bought it from Amazon and have been running it for about 4 months but recently had drop outs and some recordings were only 20 seconds long.

I want to update my Mini 0801 also but i have a question about which model i have. How do you know if you got a version with or without internal memory ?
When booting up my device without an memorycard it's says that the card is absent. So i have the model without internal memory ?

Thanks for the fast reply. According to my device i have firmware 20131026 so everything should be fine when updating to the latest official 20140308 ?
I bought mine a year ago from e-prance on eBay, got the camera with 'Corvette' boot up logo so no custom firmware i believe. Or is it better to flash to the newest 20140906 according to this ?
http://dc.p-mc.eu/0801/firmware

You can use any 0801 single card firmware from that page, they are all genuine.

Back