Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

is possible that this free space needed for buffer?
I just noticed that longer video more free space will be left.
With 5min free space will be 1.7gb
With 2min free space will be 1.3gb

the recycle time you choose will always impact how much free space is needed, it's not just the recycle process, the camera needs to have some swap file space available for saving incident files as well

Ok cool thanks)

any footage for record quality for when you are traveling at high speed? >60 mph (>96.5 km/h)

Good News Everyone!

1)
The following improvements will be ready soon.

15Mbit
DST Offset
MPH/KPH selectable
Video Out Cable now included
New Improved (Quality) English Instruction Manual PDF in the works

2)
The new Pier28 Panorama G shipment is on the way to California and processing through Asia as I write this. It will be a couple days past the predicted September 30th date.
I'll keep everyone posted as the shipment moves through the system.

3) *Drum Roll*.............. >insert announcement fireworks here<
Thanks to @jokiin and a new global team effort, the "Panorama G" will now be known as the "Panorama G / Street Guardian SGZC12SG"
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sgzc12sg.7554/

New Boot Logo:
IW8AIyyl.jpg

New Day Light Savings 1-hour off-set and KPH/MPH
YxycfrFl.jpg

I'll work on a an unboxing video, and complete menu walk through for new customers ASAP.

any footage for record quality for when you are traveling at high speed? >60 mph (>96.5 km/h)

I'll post some 15Mbs ones, once the new batch arrives

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, does this mean that the improvements mentioned in 1) are already incorporated into the shipment quoted in 2), or should we wait for the NEXT shipment?

I believe this is a firmware update that can be applied. So it wouldn't matter which shipment.

Hi, does this mean that the improvements mentioned in 1) are already incorporated into the shipment quoted in 2), or should we wait for the NEXT shipment?

1) Yes the latest firmware will be shipped on all new purchases.
2) No need to wait, the hardware is all the same. (previous/current/future)

I believe this is a firmware update that can be applied. So it wouldn't matter which shipment.
Correct, I'll PM you

Last edited:
Was just going to ask what the SG announcement meant :)

So is it just rebranding or something more?

Was just going to ask what the SG announcement meant :)

Improvements for everyone! (I'll post more about this when it's ready soon)

So is it just rebranding or something more?

It's a combination of that, and it means Jokiin himself will be assisting in helping further polish up the firmware moving forward. (and helping steer hardware choices for potential new 2015 Panorama products)
We have a cleaned up USA packaging in the works, but it will be a plain white box for now.

Ok.. So moving forward will it be known as Panorama G or Street Guardian SGZC12SG.
With two names for same product it will be harder to post regarding it.

Ok.. So moving forward will it be known as Panorama G or Street Guardian SGZC12SG.
With two names for same product it will be harder to post regarding it.

Well I think it's helpful to have some name overlap for awhile. We don't want to lose out on the people actively looking for the Panorama G. The Panorama is currently what's "Best All Around" on DashCamTalk here. Some people only do limited quick research and they won't dig deeper into the forums.
We don't want to lose out on sales for Christmas soon.

Well I think it's helpful to have some name overlap for awhile. We don't want to lose out on the people actively looking for the Panorama G. The Panorama is currently what's "Best All Around" on DashCamTalk here. Some people only do limited quick research and they won't dig deeper into the forums.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Street-Guardianorama? :)

Last edited:
I just learned something pretty exciting. You'll be happy to know that the new Panorama X2 night time tuning techniques learned >here<, can and will be applied to the G as well! (no ETA, but soon'ish)
The X2 has a different lens, but PQ improvements will be made for sure.
(innovation is non-stop as usual)

Will it mean incremental firmware releases for "G" embedded base?

There will only be 1 firmware for both original G owners and future G/SG owners. (same hardware) I should be able to post the new firmware soon, once flashed you'll be an official Street Guardian card member :)
So yes you can expect future firmware releases with new features and or enhancements.

Still waiting for a unit that has a threaded housing where you can screw on a CPL filter, not the magnetic type. The magnetic ones can, and do fall off.

Back