Panorama S FIRMWARE UPDATE Request Thread (Do Not Flash New 2015 S Units with OLD 2014 firmware!)

of what trouble we are talking about. camera is out of warranty, camera is mine, im willing to risk with it. he doesnt have anything with me. he was just nice to check and confirm that my camera is made before dec 2014 (bought it in may 2014.)
my final question is will someone send me firmware or not. if not i would like to know why.

if you check that why wouldn't you just ask him to send you the firmware, doesn't make sense, the person you buy from is who should support the product, it has nothing to do with what risk you are prepared to take

if you check that why wouldn't you just ask him to send you the firmware, doesn't make sense, the person you buy from is who should support the product, it has nothing to do with what risk you are prepared to take
i asked him about firmware and he confirmed that he have v15 but only 12 mbps. i would like to have 15 mbps. is this enough explanation to send me firmware or i must stay on v12 15 mbps?

i asked him about firmware and he confirmed that he have v15 but only 12 mbps. i would like to have 15 mbps. is this enough explanation to send me firmware or i must stay on v12 15 mbps?

the guys in the US market spend the time, money and effort to debug, develop and improve the firmware, why you think the Korean seller doesn't have it, because he won't do that

can you see why the US seller doesn't want to support someone else's customer, is it not fair?

the guys in the US market spend the time, money and effort to debug, develop and improve the firmware, why you think the Korean seller doesn't have it, because he won't do that

can you see why the US seller doesn't want to support someone else's customer, is it not fair?

i understand that but that should be written on first page of the thread. i honestly said where i bought the camera. would be different situation if i didn't say where i bought camera.
i also thought that this forum is camera and manufacturer related. not seller related. my bad.
from the start then all the firmwares should not be available for download. some new policy or just for this specific firmware or just punishment to me because i bought camera from someone that isn't us seller. i tried to buy it from us sellers but guess what. shipping is 1/3 of the price of the camera.
i understand but be honest. it would be much easier if you just said sorry but you bought camera from someone else and we don't want to send it to you.
we just spend so much time and words to have this conclusion.
thank you for your kind answers and explanations

it's just the realities of doing business unfortunately, not suggesting you've done anything wrong but the sellers that do cheaper product it's always for a reason, less support, grey market, no factory support for warranty etc, for the guys that do spend the time and money to do it properly it's tough as there are people out there (the sellers I mean) that will try and undercut them and then push the support and aftersales issues like firmware updates onto the other sellers, it's not something as a customer you can always know before purchase either

it's just the realities of doing business unfortunately, not suggesting you've done anything wrong but the sellers that do cheaper product it's always for a reason, less support, grey market, no factory support for warranty etc, for the guys that do spend the time and money to do it properly it's tough as there are people out there (the sellers I mean) that will try and undercut them and then push the support and aftersales issues like firmware updates onto the other sellers, it's not something as a customer you can always know before purchase either

i understand. worst mistake i made is that i was honest. wont happen again. do you as manufacturer of camera telling me that shpkorea have fake product? if that is the case then you should with big letters on main page write who is selling fake products (obviously all sellers but us sellers) and to recomend some of your favourite sellers :) imho i think that with this answer from you this forum lost all of his meaning what forum should be. and you should read more carefully what someone write. i received firmware but it is 12 mbps. i just asked for one with 15 mbps. i will keep using old firmware but i hope other people would realise that they should lie if they want to get something.

Last edited:
you would get asked for your invoice number to prove where you bought it
one question to you. you are manufacturer, seller or lawyer. if you are really manufacturer than you should do what i suggested to you. with big letters on main page of panorama forum write that only reliable sellers are US sellers (other sellers across the planet obviously according to you are selling fake units) and if someone buy from other sellers than your favorite ones (you should mention them too so no one can make mistake to buy from US seller which isn't your favorite one) will not be able to download any firmware from this forum because panorama forum is obviously manufacturer/favorite seller forum. i was hones. than you should be honest too.

Panorama S model is not my product, just explaining why things are the way they are to give you some understanding

Panorama S model is not my product, just explaining why things are the way they are to give you some understanding
then you are someones lawyer. i would understand that manufacturer of panorama s or some seller is explaining me this but i don't understand why are you doing this in their name and what is the point of this. i will wait answer from someone that have firmware i asked for and then i will understand everything. and i don't understand how can you judge someone and you don't even know the guy.

Am i wrong?
I thought this forum was made to help people having dashcam questions or even problems.
As I understand by reading all this, the policy is becoming to set up manufacturers, vendors, sellers from some countries against buyers from some countries.
This smells much as protectionism of some people or nations.
Without this forum some former users that now are manufacturer, vendor, seller never should have become what they are now. And now you are acting like this?
Earlier I had confidence in this forum, but now….

Joseph

sorry I don't agree with you, someone sets up selling cheaply without support and pushes the customers to someone that has spent money to develop and enhance the product, so the guy with no support wants the sales and expects someone else to support and improve the product, as a customer you sometimes can't know this is the situation when you purchase which is unfortunate but that's a problem caused by the grey market seller

try buying some brand name electronics from some other country and then bring it to your local dealer for support, unless it's some global brand with international support agreement and there's not too many of those you'll find the same situation

I just added the following to the original post:

"Due to the fact there is risk of bricking your dashcam, you should ask your place of purchase for the correct firmware. If anyone is an authorized Panorama seller they will have the correct firmware and be able to support you no problem."

Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for your reply.
When i decided to buy a Panorama S i informed myself at DashcamTalk and read the following:

Where to purchase for lowest price

The Panorama branded cameras are available on eBay for approximately $185 without GPS. Price goes up as you add more features / add-ons like GPS.

shpkorea on eBay is the official authorized seller of this camera. They have a number of listings:

• Camera only on eBay.com
    , eBay.co.uk
    , eBay.ca
    and eBay.com.au
I read a little further:

The camera is also available in the US from Pier28 on Amazon

Nowhere was written that i could buy in Europe or in the US, with what i know now i should have bought at NICO in IRELAND.
I could not buy in USA for it was written "The camera is also available in the US from Pier28 on Amazon" and i thought this was only for US citizens.

I assure you, I have not bought at shpkorea for the price because the price was not important, I have bought at shpkorea by the suggestion of DashcamTalk who mentioned shpkorea as the "official authorized seller of this camera".
I hope you will understand what i mean with all i have written, more, i do not have any problem with my dashcam for now and next time I will buy from NICO.

Sincerely
Joseph

yes the information is not always up to date, @niko has only recently started to sell, there is nothing wrong with buying it from Korea and many people that will just want low price will shop around and find it there, the support from Korea is different to other countries though and that's who you need to deal with if any issues, warranty, firmware updates etc, the firmware on some models vary from region to region and that is maintained by the various sellers as their responsibility, SHPKorea has sold to countries all over the world, just as @Pier28 have also, it is not restricted to just those regions, it is not worded well on that page though as it states that SHPKorea are the Authorised seller, they had an agreement that they were the only eBay seller of the product, that's not clear from the description though unfortunately, I can understand why you would be confused about this

yes the information is not always up to date, @niko has only recently started to sell, there is nothing wrong with buying it from Korea and many people that will just want low price will shop around and find it there, the support from Korea is different to other countries though and that's who you need to deal with if any issues, warranty, firmware updates etc, the firmware on some models vary from region to region and that is maintained by the various sellers as their responsibility, SHPKorea has sold to countries all over the world, just as @Pier28 have also, it is not restricted to just those regions, it is not worded well on that page though as it states that SHPKorea are the Authorised seller, they had an agreement that they were the only eBay seller of the product, that's not clear from the description though unfortunately, I can understand why you would be confused about this
Well as I can see still noone isnt bald enough to say we dont want to give firmware to anyone who doesnt bought camera from pier. One year ago the only person who have time and will to test, improve and communicate with manufacturer for firmware imrovements was Niko and noone else. Now it seems that Pier is the person who is writing firmware by him self, test it and distributes it only for cameras bought from him (or he have some special hardware revisions) or I missunderstood. As I remember Niko was the one who was testing the firmware, posting comparing videos and sending wishes for imrovement to manufacturer, after improvements manufacturer send him new firmware, he test it and after everything was fine he shares with all of us. Now it seems that Pier have monopoly or something like that. I still dont understand or you are pushing all the people on this forum to read between lines.
And read what someone writes. shpjorea send me new firmware but it is 12 mbps. If someone read this he will understood that shpkorea have support (or maybe because he doesnt have 15 mbps firmware then he is not supporting customers).
Think about all of this. I hope other people will understand what is going on here. I hope thet new buyers will see that if they dont buy from Pier then they are on their own without any chance from help on this forum and that they will alwasys recive an aswer well covered that sellers from this forum are angels who are taking care that noone brick his camera (read that noone who bought camera from other seller than Pier will not receive any help). So nice from all of you are caring about all other people :)

Last edited:
I just added the following to the original post:

"Due to the fact there is risk of bricking your dashcam, you should ask your place of purchase for the correct firmware. If anyone is an authorized Panorama seller they will have the correct firmware and be able to support you no problem."

Thanks for your understanding.
You are such a good samaritan. Taking care about all other people not to brick their cameras. At least you are bold enough to write it.
From now should we call you with some other title?
You are the main reason why I didnt bought camera from you last year. I send you four emails from my country domain and you didnt answer. Then I send you just one email from US provider and guess what. You answered almost instantly. Then I realized that you dont want to do business with people from some countries (then you wasnt this bald to write it. probably business wasnt this good). shpkorea didnt have that problem. Enjoy in your decisions. Long live and prosper.

Hi sorry your emails didn't get through. We just changed servers and fixed some back end e-commerce systems and corrected some Google DNS errors which caused some messages to get lost. This is all now resolved and we are receiving 100% incoming messages. We have no reason to not give over the top customer service and support to all our customers worldwide so sorry if your message was not received. (When was is sent?). There is no big conspiracy going on here so sorry you are frustrated. I don't have my own developer, I talk to SungMoon Jang in South Korea directly like any other authorised seller will do.

Am i wrong?
I thought this forum was made to help people having dashcam questions or even problems.
As I understand by reading all this, the policy is becoming to set up manufacturers, vendors, sellers from some countries against buyers from some countries.
This smells much as protectionism of some people or nations.
Without this forum some former users that now are manufacturer, vendor, seller never should have become what they are now. And now you are acting like this?
Earlier I had confidence in this forum, but now….

Joseph
You are wrong and you are not wrong. One year ago this forum was helping people. This year it seams it is different so if you are asking are you wrong for this year, yes you are wrong. But you are right about protectionism of some people and nations. Envy is wonder :)

Hi sorry your emails didn't get through. We just changed servers and fixed some back end e-commerce systems and corrected some Google DNS errors which caused some messages to get lost. This is all now resolved and we are receiving 100% incoming messages. We have no reason to not give over the top customer service and support to all our customers worldwide so sorry if your message was not received. (When was is sent?). There is no big conspiracy going on here so sorry you are frustrated. I don't have my own developer, I talk to SungMoon Jang in South Korea directly like any other authorised seller will do.
Im not frustrated. Im very dissapointed what i have found after one year and what is going on and where all this leads to.
It doesnt matter about emails. You can now say everything you want.

Back