Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

128GB gives me a more reasonable data retention period (maybe 10 days or so). It's important for me to be able to look back by one week. 64GB is too small for me to do that with certainty.

The X2 really needs to work with all sizes of media. I don't understand how today's failure would have been related to card speed or any other physical attribute. The failure scenario seemed to be around the point where the X2 can take an increasing amount of time (that scales with space used on the card) to figure out and display how much recording time remains before it starts recycling files. That should have been a read-only operation where the firmware should be patient if the card is taking longer than expected to perform the filesystem traversal (or whatever it does) to compute time remaining.

It's not like it was attempting to record video and running into buffer overruns from a not fast enough card.

Anyway, I'll be installing the new firmware once it is released (and people report trouble-free updates).

@Mark Bixby That sounds exactly what happens to me. How long did you give it before pulling the power? The touch screen will stay unresponsive until until it finished reading the front card. If you give it 60-90 seconds it should finish and start working again. I've increased the screen timeout to 2 minutes so I can see when it finishes and starts recording. Formatting to FAT32 has made the process go slightly faster, but it still takes about a minute for both cards.

With my basic knowledge of batteries I think if your car battery has recently been fully discharged it might quickly drop below the minimum threshold until it has been given a decent full charge again (24hrs hooked up to a trickle charger). Also battery age and type affects output and 'damage' fro a full discharge.
It's now 5 days since the incident and the camera is still shutting down within 30 secs or so of switching off the car.
Its been on the motorway and probably had plenty of time to get back to full charge. My car is only 6 months old

Have you got a multimeter that you can use to check what voltage the battery is putting out at the fuse socket you're hardwired into?

I picked up a cheapo one from Amazon for testing stuff like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B0001K9XKW
You can get them even cheaper than that - less than a tenner from Screwfix:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-mas830b-digital-multimeter-600v/75337?kpid=75337&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product Listing Ads-_-Sales Tracking-_-sales tracking url&kpid=75337&cm_mmc=Google-_-Shopping - Electrical-_-Shopping - Electrical&gclid=CjwKEAjwwtOsBRDdjZTbvYvTlzcSJADOY0DRkVC0iXcjG5zHrnwwI6lv5Wx3LhFKblvTkl701U9HTBoCNjrw_wcB

It's hard to try and guess the problem otherwise - I can't remember which way around the voltage cable loss setting works on the X2 but at least with one of these you could measure what the car battery itself is putting out and then what voltage is being seen at the fuse socket and if there's a discrepancy.

Have to admit it's weird though - batteries as far as I understand it hold voltage better in warm weather and it's why cars have problems starting in winter when the temperatures drop. Yours seems to be working backwards though!

I'd love one of those testing machines that @Pier28 has but if I went and bought one of those my mrs would never touch it again!

when my ride is going to be parked for a bit longer than a week, I have an obd port cable that i connect to a battery jump box. this keeps the battery maintained/supported.

My wife's with dual lexar 633x 64gbs was stuck on the x2 boot screen yesterday. Had to pull the power to get it to boot.

What's the rush? is there some new features rumored?

I mean this latest build has been the most solid yet. with my 128gb sandisk cards running 24/7 in this sucker, i have not had any issues.

im happy to hear the manufacturer is continuing to support this device though...

My wife's with dual lexar 633x 64gbs was stuck on the x2 boot screen yesterday. Had to pull the power to get it to boot.

I have found both my X2's stuck on the boot logo several times with 1.02.05 when getting in the car first thing in the morning. I have both set for 6 hour parking mode so there is no reason for them to be in that state in the morning.
Both units are using 32Gb Toshiba cards supplied by vendor but i highly doubt this has anything to do with it.

As far as reliability goes, see this ---> https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/my-x2-let-me-down-not-happy.12508/

This upcoming firmware better be good... real good...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mark Bixby That sounds exactly what happens to me. How long did you give it before pulling the power? The touch screen will stay unresponsive until until it finished reading the front card. If you give it 60-90 seconds it should finish and start working again. I've increased the screen timeout to 2 minutes so I can see when it finishes and starts recording. Formatting to FAT32 has made the process go slightly faster, but it still takes about a minute for both cards.

I wasn't counting the seconds until I pulled the power plug. I had my screen timeout set to 30 seconds, which is a pretty long time if you're sitting there and counting the seconds like I did this morning before increasing the timeout to 60 seconds (a REALLY long time when counting).

If I had to guess from week-old recollection, it sat there in analyze-the-filesystem mode for much longer than it had the day before, but not for the full thirty seconds before going dark. Though it is possible for recollection to be faulty when you're 56 years old LOL.

I'll continue to monitor closely but now with the timeout set to 60 seconds.

my guess is that when the memory card is toward it or at its full capacity..problem start to appear. Some how the system unable to turn around.

my guess is that when the memory card is toward it or at its full capacity..problem start to appear. Some how the system unable to turn around.
Thats certainly what I saw with the transcend cards

Have parking mode set to g sensor only, the front cam still records on motion?

I just ordered 2 of the lexars. My transcend front card just died on me today (locked in a readonly mode). It almost had a good 6 months on it.

So far the camera has been rock solid with these cards. I've had no issues since I switched to the lexars.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back