Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

1.02.07... this morning encounter boot screen hang. The camera hang on the part where the logo is been displayed. Have to manual pull out the power plug to get it boot up again.

1.02.07... this morning encounter boot screen hang. The camera hang on the part where the logo is been displayed. Have to manual pull out the power plug to get it boot up again.

I'd like to suggest you think about using a PANOBDP/Multi Safer BDP hard wire kit to take over power control. I've helped several customers change to this alternative battery discharge prevention system. Special instructions here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-install-panarama-x2.9727/#post-136580

Last edited by a moderator:
Upgraded to 1.2.7 and formatted my 64GB in the X2. Four days later, dreaded "card not found" message. Reformatted to FAT32, so far, no issues. The transition to/from Parking does appear to be more quick and stable. I believe cards still need to be formatted in FAT32 with this FW for stability.

Apart from 8 days recently I've run the X2 in FAT32 with 64GB cards since April with hardly any issues - for those 8 days I tried exFAT with 1.02.07 and had the insert card message twice - my personal opinion too is that they sack off exFAT support as it's more trouble than it's worth for sure.

this post is not directed to anyone in particular...

why not just let the camera format the cards all the time? i do this and have no issues. i use two sets of sandisk cards-- 64gb and 128. no issues with formatting errors.

this post is not directed to anyone in particular...

why not just let the camera format the cards all the time? i do this and have no issues. i use two sets of sandisk cards-- 64gb and 128. no issues with formatting errors.
IMOH .. other brand of camera able to continue using it without any problem till the SD card KO.
It not a big problem to do weekly format of the SD card..but the question is why is this camera is not so stable in supporting continue recording like other brand?

Found a "Insert Rear Card" error today. Funny thing is the device can still detect and reformat the card..

Found a "Insert Rear Card" error today. Funny thing is the device can still detect and reformat the card..
I haven't had any issues like that since I formatted FAT32 in my PC on firmwares 05 and 07. Formatting in the camera will obviously revert back to exFAT.

Setup : Niko supplied X2, 1.02.07 firmware, dual lexar 663x 64GB FAT32 formatted cards.
Problem : Car was parked for several hours when I was in work. Returned to car and checked X2 by tapping the screen and confirmed it was still powered up & working. However, I started my car and realised shortly after that the X2 was turned off. Had to remove & replace the power cable to get the X2 to boot up again. I'm 99% sure I had this issue with an earlier firmware release too.

Just wanted to share this issue to see if anyone else running the same firmware has experienced the same problem. This has only happened once in the 3 weeks I have been running the latest firmware. Seems like the firmware is getting there but isn't 100% reliable just yet.

Setup : Niko supplied X2, 1.02.07 firmware, dual lexar 663x 64GB FAT32 formatted cards.
Problem : Car was parked for several hours when I was in work. Returned to car and checked X2 by tapping the screen and confirmed it was still powered up & working. However, I started my car and realised shortly after that the X2 was turned off. Had to remove & replace the power cable to get the X2 to boot up again. I'm 99% sure I had this issue with an earlier firmware release too.

Just wanted to share this issue to see if anyone else running the same firmware has experienced the same problem. This has only happened once in the 3 weeks I have been running the latest firmware. Seems like the firmware is getting there but isn't 100% reliable just yet.

Sorry to hear about issue. How often you format cards in your PC ? Obviously formating inside unit is no good in your case cause it revert it to exFat.

i disable the power function in the camera and use the powermagic pro to control the power for the parking mode.

Sorry to hear about issue. How often you format cards in your PC ? Obviously formating inside unit is no good in your case cause it revert it to exFat.
That's ok Niko, used to the issues now ;). I usually format whenever I need to check some footage, probably every 4 weeks or so on average. I use my PC to format the cards as FAT32 and don't ever format in the X2.

@gaotoyz,
With regard to using a power magic pro, I don't really see why I should buy something that I paid for as part of the X2. Although, I would not expect Niko to provide this either....the manufacturer should admit defeat (if there really is no firmware solution) and supply power magic pro's. Ultimately we have all bought devices that do not reliably do what they claim to do. Niko's support has been fantastic and I will continue to support his business, it's just unfortunate that the Panorama X2 hasn't delivered on it's promises.

As a general question to all, how pro-active is Panorama / Sungmoon now? Progress seems slow, do I need to move on from the X2 to alternative, more reliable products or stick with it?

That's ok Niko, used to the issues now ;). I usually format whenever I need to check some footage, probably every 4 weeks or so on average. I use my PC to format the cards as FAT32 and don't ever format in the X2.

@gaotoyz,
With regard to using a power magic pro, I don't really see why I should buy something that I paid for as part of the X2. Although, I would not expect Niko to provide this either....the manufacturer should admit defeat (if there really is no firmware solution) and supply power magic pro's. Ultimately we have all bought devices that do not reliably do what they claim to do. Niko's support has been fantastic and I will continue to support his business, it's just unfortunate that the Panorama X2 hasn't delivered on it's promises.

As a general question to all, how pro-active is Panorama / Sungmoon now? Progress seems slow, do I need to move on from the X2 to alternative, more reliable products or stick with it?

We all here battle via test-n-try and it looks like optimal solution is to run Fat32 cards and format them manually at least once per week.
External additional BDP ( PowerMagicPro or MS MultiSafer ) help to eliminate situations where in parking mode camera might get frozen when car battery recovers from "sleep".
Send me a PM or direct e-mail with your order number, I will look after you.

@gaotoyz,

I total agree with you on this. I believe, IMHO, other camera use external source to control the power function instead of build in. Maybe the other brand know it difficult to control using firmware, hence go into hardware.
When I found out that X2 have it own build in, i was very happy about it, at least no need to have two separate cabling. But it turn out to be not stable.
I'm lucky I still keep my previous powermagic pro instead of sell it off.

Any news on the next beta? As this one still has a few bugs ?

Had my Volt in for service yesterday. After the tech realize there was a dash cam he unpluged the power with the car running (heard it when viewing the rear card). When I got the vehicle back I had the "insert front card" error and the front card was corrupt.
I'm running .07. This is the second time I've got the front card error. The first time cause is unknown.

I have had the same thing happen twice in the past month. Was hoping an update would fix it since I am still on .05 but see you are on .07 and are experiencing the issue. Just wish an update would fix this camera once and for all. Very upsetting that we paid what we did for this product and have to deal with the issues.

I have had the same thing happen twice in the past month. Was hoping an update would fix it since I am still on .05 but see you are on .07 and are experiencing the issue. Just wish an update would fix this camera once and for all. Very upsetting that we paid what we did for this product and have to deal with the issues.

i get this problem too if using the onboard parking mode battery settings. but what i notice is if i format the card every few days before it fills up, it doesn't get to that freezing stage. i am on .07.

I do hope they come up with a firmware to fix this issue. its more convenient to change parking and battery mode from the cam than from a seperate power control unit.

What's the most stable firmware now? Been having problems with 1.09 memory card not detected and the unit just hanged on me today....

Back