Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

What's the most stable firmware now? Been having problems with 1.09 memory card not detected and the unit just hanged on me today....

Latest FW with combination of memory cards in Fat32 + external BDP works best for X2 at the moment, along with weekly manually formatting.

Latest FW with combination of memory cards in Fat32 + external BDP works best for X2 at the moment, along with weekly manually formatting.

LOL. Did we move forward or backward with the new firmware ? Anyways where can we get the software publicly available? The latest stable one listed I see is 1.01.09 with 1.02.05 still beta.

TIA

It seems to be taking ages to resolve this power and card corruption people are having. We still have to move onto rear recording g-sensor while in park - something that's never worked properly since I purchased.

Had front card corruption yesterday morning when I turned on the car.

Had issues resolving the issue, but found/remembered a workaround that I used before but forgot because card corruption didn't happen for like 1-2 months before yesterday.

I am unable to format the card inside the dashcam once the card not found appears, I click YES format Front Card, but nothing happens.
I put the card in my android phone, phone says it's damaged, I format it, everything is good, I put it into the dashcam and it still says card not found, even though the phone sees it and put files on it.
(Note: I power cycled the dashcam to make sure the formatting doesn't have a weird bug, also power cycled with and without card installed and tried formatting)

To fix it, I put the front card into the rear card slot, and format it inside the dashcam, for some reason swapping card slots and formatting it in the rear actually works. The card gets formatted and can be used again for recording. Card has been working fine ever since, UNTIL NEXT TIME.

I still have hopes for this dashcam .......

An update on how to fix the insert front/rear card, card not found.

The only way to fix it is to follow these steps:
remove card
format it on the phone (only phone available in the car for me, computer will most likely work too but never tried)
put the card in the OTHER dashcam card slot, not the one where you removed it from
reformat it on the dashcam
done

If the card is not re-inserted into the other card slot, the touchscreen will not respond. (reboots do not help)
If the card is not formatted on the phone first, dashcam will not be able to format it, since it will not detect it.
Dashcam will not start recording on the card if formatted on the phone (at least after the card has been corrupted by the dashcam.), need to format on the dashcam a second time while dashcam says that the card is not inserted. (screen will show card is not found after phone formatting, but you'll be able to format inside the dashcam this time, and after that it will start working.)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

For me, i switch the front/rear cards around and restart the camera. From there i reformat from within the camera

Yeah, I thought I tried that and it didn't work, pressing yes, did not format.

Yeah, I thought I tried that and it didn't work, pressing yes, did not format.
That happened to me too. but after power cycling the unit it seemed to work for me.

Hope for a new firmware goes on !

If you just format the cards to FAT32 in a PC initially you'll find the X2 becomes much more stable (still not 100% though as when it's been running for a week or so without a power off it will sometimes stop auto recording and sit at 0:00:00) - it's corrupting the boot records (first few sectors on a microSD) which causes the Insert Card or Card not found errors. Odds are it's a bug in the exFAT support.

If you want footage off a card that shows that just pop it in a PC, ignore the message about it wanting to format the card and then run chkdsk /f against it and the card will be accessible again.

Thanks, I was just about to comment that I looked into formatting fat32 on 64gb card for a radio scanner a few months ago but found the process too complicated and didn't find a gui tool.

Fat32 has certainly made my X2 alot more stable, but yesterday I noticed it was on, but the recording light was green and not recording anything. The buttons also became unresponsive and a simple pull of the plug sorted it. It's lucky that I just happened to check it

i dont have any issues with card errors on the x2. i also dont use the power off mode on this unit. maybe that has something to do with the card errors?

i only format in the x2 and ill swap out cards (I have two sets) to view at home whilst the other set is installed. i dont make note of which card was in which slot--i just pop them in and format in the x2.

I think you're one of the few people that use (high end) Sandisk cards too. Maybe this is a rare case where Sandisk cards work great in the dual Zoran coach based X2. (but trip up other Novatek based products)

where's the link for the newest firmware?

Hi all, I am a new member to this forum but got much useful help from DCT discussions. I hard wired an X2 (newest firmware already 1.02.07) to my 2016 BMW's rear fusebox. Everything works great so far, my questions: parking mode only records 22-30 second clips, is this normal due to motion/g detection? Sometimes the parking clips are longer (assuming constant motion detected). Is it recommend to set Low sensitivity for Parking motion and g sensors?

Back